USA Today All-American Team (merged threads) | The Boneyard

USA Today All-American Team (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Third team is kind of interesting:
- Tyasha Harris, guard out of Indy (Heritage Christian) who is unsigned (any ideas anyone?)
- Kathleen Doyle, a guard out of Lisle, Illinois who is committed to Nebraska (she'll join Jessica Shephard there, so there is talent for the new coach...)
- Three juniors: Megan Walker from Virginia, and Rellah Booth & Renna Davis, both from Florida.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
- Tyasha Harris, guard out of Indy (Heritage Christian) who is unsigned (any ideas anyone?)
-

Harris will choose from Iowa, South Carolina or Michigan State. Dawn really wants her but I don't think that's where she's headed.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Harris will choose from Iowa, South Carolina or Michigan State. Dawn really wants her but I don't think that's where she's headed.
Dawn actually really needs her. Their glaring lack of good guard play doomed them, and it's going to be worse next year as their entire cadre of starting and reserve 1-2 guards graduated except for Cuevas.

Side note - I will go back to something I said months ago when the #1 PG from the Canadian JR National team decommited - SC won't be as good next year. They can talk all they want about top 3 Davis and top 10 Gray, but Davis is a volume shooter and not a great 2G. That leaves them with starting Cuevas and Gray (who I think is a really good 2G), but not much else off the bench (Cliney wasn't top 100 and Duckett left, and Tiff Davis has been injured off and on and doesn't seem like more than a role player). Sure she can start Davis, Wilson and Coates, but without really good guard play, they won't be challenging for a NC.

Maybe what they have will be enough, but I could see them easily failing to make the FF and also could see them finishing 2nd or even 3rd in their own conference. We will see. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Thx. So do you think Iowa or MSU?

JS

Reaction Score
Huh. ND fans seem intrigued by this list.

Wonder why.

Reaction Score

Before we got the comittment from Slocum, a lot of Terps fans (including myself) really wanted Harris. Not only is she a great PG but she's an outstanding defensive player.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Huh. ND fans seem intrigued by this list.

Wonder why.

For this particular list? One of my best friends lives in Illinois and has told me about a guard who plays in his town. And, lo and behold, she made third team (in italics).
- Tyasha Harris, guard out of Indy (Heritage Christian)
- Kathleen Doyle, a guard out of Lisle, Illinois who is committed to Nebraska
- Three juniors: Megan Walker from Virginia, and Rellah Booth & Renna Davis, both from Florida.

Kinda recognize two names on the first team, as well;)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
There is certainly a spot at Iowa, as guard Whitney Jennings has (somewhat unexpectedly) left the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom