USA Today 2012All-USA high school girls basketball team | The Boneyard

USA Today 2012All-USA high school girls basketball team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Diamond on Second team is a great honor since she's a Junior.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
the accolades just keep coming. i simply cannot wait to see the era of UCONN basketball ushered in with these 3 ladies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
3 of the top 5 players. Wow!

Alexis Jones is clearly a stud. Enjoy, Triad! :D

Also props to Bria Holmes.

Interesting list of schools, including: Washington, Syracuse, West Virginia, Clemson, and UCLA.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Interesting list of schools, including: Washington, Syracuse, West Virginia, Clemson, and UCLA.
I

I was counting by conference and was happy about all the Big East kids, but then I realized that the WV and SU kids now count for the ACC....lol.

Only ONE SEC team had a player with Graves going to UT. She is going to be a very good player for them.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Was Mater Dei's Jordan Adams injured this year? She's not on this list and I haven't heard much about her. She was definitely overshadowed by Nirra Fields (G, UCLA) who transferred to MD for her senior year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Was Mater Dei's Jordan Adams injured this year? She's not on this list and I haven't heard much about her. She was definitely overshadowed by Nirra Fields (G, UCLA) who transferred to MD for her senior year.
Honestly, I think she just plateaued a bit at the high school level. She was at the McDs AA game and really didn't show much. She has good ball skills for a 6'1" player, but I've never been a fan of her decision making. Intriguing prospect because of the measurables and athleticism, but there are much surer things in that 2012 class. UConn has three of them.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i saw her play in the mcd aa game and was not impressed - slow-ish, ok handle, ok shooter... i wasn't sure why she was so sought after. maybe she had an off game... or maybe she peaked in high school...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
BTW, is HoopGurlz going to do a final 2012 rankings post senior season and AA games, or are they really going leave Morgan Tuck as the most honored/decorated #15-ranked player of all time...with the last note about her in her profile being from December 2010? Doesn't really matter- just curious...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
i saw her play in the mcd aa game and was not impressed - slow-ish, ok handle, ok shooter... i wasn't sure why she was so sought after. maybe she had an off game...

I don't believe to do a final ranking for HS Seniors.

Reaction Score
I

I was counting by conference and was happy about all the Big East kids, but then I realized that the WV and SU kids now count for the ACC....lol.

Only ONE SEC team had a player with Graves going to UT. She is going to be a very good player for them.

WV is Big XII (this fall)
Pitt & Syr are ACC (2013 or 14)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
BTW, is HoopGurlz going to do a final 2012 rankings post senior season and AA games, or are they really going leave Morgan Tuck as the most honored/decorated #15-ranked player of all time...with the last note about her in her profile being from December 2010? Doesn't really matter- just curious...
i'm pretty sure DD is correct. i thought i read that they wouldn't be adjusting any of their rankings. Those who know me know i've taken shots at their rankings before. Faris at 34, Dolson at 39, Hartley at 14, Stokes at 42, and now Tuck at 15. one of their writers took big time exception to the criticisms, but i don't really think you can put those rankings out there and have SOME of them so blatantly off, and not expect people to criticize.

Reaction Score

Huge pickup for McGuff @ Washington in his bid to turn around that program.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Yes, she was injured much of the year...

"No. 6 Jordan Adams set to return from injury this weekend
Jordan Adams, the No. 6 prospect in the ESPNU HoopGurlz 100 and senior at Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.), is expected to return this Saturday for the Monarchs' game against Long Beach Jordan (Calif.). According to Adams' father, Jerald, she is 80-percent right now and has been participating in team practices in a limited capacity.

Adams, the 6-foot-1 USC-signee, suffered an injury to her right knee during her team's opening round game at the Nike Tournament of Champions, Dec. 19. She attempted to play the team's second round game but sat the second half and has missed Mater Dei's last seven games.

The injury was a deep bone bruise in her right knee cap and a stretched posterior-cruciate ligament. Adams' father said their doctors said the normal recovery time for this injury is four-to-six weeks.

Mater Dei is ranked 11th in the most recent POWERADE FAB 50 rankings, falling three spots after a two-point loss to No. 34 St. Johns College (Washington, D.C.) in Title IX Holiday Classic with Adams still out."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They do not do that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw Jordan in person here in December 2010. She is not a great shooter or scorer--good, not great--but she is a smart ballplayer. She basically played PG at nearly 6'1". She could take the ball inside, pass, and rebound. She also seems like a tough kid. I'm not sure if she will be a star or merely solid at the next level. In terms of her abence from this list, the injury is likely the major factor. Nirra Fields is clearly a flashier player. When Kaleena was there, she was largely the designated shooter.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
National High School Freshman of the Year in 2008-9.

After her knee injury, HoopGurlz #15 prospect.

This year, on seemingly every first-team All-American list, whether 10 players deep or 5 players deep.

I'd say her "comeback" is complete. And then some!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
National High School Freshman of the Year in 2008-9.

After her knee injury, HoopGurlz #15 prospect.

This year, on seemingly every first-team All-American list, whether 10 players deep or 5 players deep.

I'd say her "comeback" is complete. And then some!
Yep- plus on the uber-talented U19 team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Though it still aint fair that 3 of the top 5 are going to one school.... but hey.. what can I do about it..... Im just glad we got one... and she looks to be an exciting player... she will look good in the good blue and white.

Glad to see the mix of schools... I counted 12 different schools...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Though it still aint fair that 3 of the top 5 are going to one school.... but hey.. what can I do about it..... Im just glad we got one... and she looks to be an exciting player... she will look good in the good blue and white.

Glad to see the mix of schools... I counted 12 different schools...

ummmm become "triaduconnfan"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom