USA National Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USA National Team

Reaction Score
Do you have something against Gray? Or is she too old in your opinion? :oops:

lol. Not at all. She had a great year last year and is a very good player. I listed the players I would pick over her but I don't think she would be a bad choice at all.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
lol. Not at all. She had a great year last year and is a very good player. I listed the players I would pick over her but I don't think she would be a bad choice at all.

Now which Gray are you talking about? :p Chelsea ... or the other one :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Okay, I'll ask. Why the I-840 avatar?

Well.... I guess i'm one of those road geeks......... a new section of the Greensboro Urban Loop opened this past Thursday... and I figured since its the off-season.... as part of the festivities I would change my avatar to celebrate the newest highway section in the Interstate System. :D

The 3 digit 40 signs have always been my favorites like 240 in Memphis and Asheville.... 440 in Raleigh... 640 in Knoxville.......but 840 is definitely my favorite looking in the whole system.

Reaction Score
How to watch USA vs. China exhibition

When: Thursday, April 26 at 7 p.m. PST / 10 p.m. EST

Where: KeyArena in Seattle, WA (Tickets: http://Post original url/18USAvsCHNtix)

Streaming options

• usab.com/live
  • USA Basketball’s Facebook page
  • USA Basketball’s YouTube channel

source: SwishAppeal

Reaction Score
Cuts are being made today. I’m with a lot of you. I think Pheesa being chosen is a long shot but you never know. There aren’t a ton of bigs there but given the fact she wouldn’t really contribute to the team on the court if she was chosen I’m hoping she isn’t chosen so she can continue to develop with the coaching staff instead of being on the road all of September.

Reaction Score
No cuts yet! :cool:

upload_2018-4-25_15-52-12.png

Great pic! 7 UConn women ...not counting EDD.

Reaction Score
There's a game tomorrow night against China. There are 19 players in camp. Twelve will be suited up tomorrow night.

Thanks Cat but it was more to do with all the information the poster has posted ie 3x3 etc and knowing who is where etc. so was just wondering.

Reaction Score
Thanks Cat but it was more to do with all the information the poster has posted ie 3x3 etc and knowing who is where etc. so was just wondering.
No, I was not present at either. I’ve just been keeping up on articles posted & a couple people that were at 3 x 3. I have no idea who has played well in Seattle but I’m assuming cuts are made tonight. Expecting UConn will have 3-4 woman representing our country. Stewie, DT, Sue & Dolson if I were to guess??

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I already counted HER.
Alright let's do it by name working left to right and front to back:
  1. Jen Rizzotti ( Coach)
  2. Tiffany Hayes (19)
  3. Diana Taurasi (12)
  4. Sue Bird (6)
  5. Morgan Tuck (34)
  6. Stefanie Dolson (32)
  7. Stewie (10)
  8. Napheesa Collier (20)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Roster for tomorrow night's exhibition game against China.

Set to compete in the USA’s exhibition game against China are: Seimone Augustus(Minnesota Lynx); Sue Bird (Seattle Storm); Layshia Clarendon (Atlanta Dream); Elena Delle Donne (Washington Mystics); Skylar Diggins-Smith (Dallas Wings); Stefanie Dolson (Chicago Sky); Sylvia Fowles (Minnesota Lynx); Tiffany Hayes (Atlanta Dream); Jewell Loyd (Seattle Storm); Kelsey Mitchell (Indiana Fever); Breanna Stewart(Seattle Storm); Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury); and Elizabeth Williams (Atlanta Dream).

USA National Team Roster Set For China Exhibition Game

Reaction Score
Alright let's do it by name working left to right and front to back:
  1. Jen Rizzotti ( Coach)
  2. Tiffany Hayes (19)
  3. Diana Taurasi (12)
  4. Sue Bird (6)
  5. Morgan Tuck (34)
  6. Stefanie Dolson (32)
  7. Stewie (10)
  8. Napheesa Collier (20)
Ohh... I missed Tiff. My bad. Head bang

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well.... I guess i'm one of those road geeks.... a new section of the Greensboro Urban Loop opened this past Thursday... and I figured since its the off-season.... as part of the festivities I would change my avatar to celebrate the newest highway section in the Interstate System. :D

The 3 digit 40 signs have always been my favorites like 240 in Memphis and Asheville.... 440 in Raleigh... 640 in Knoxville..but 840 is definitely my favorite looking in the whole system.
Okay so here's a good trivia question for a road geek. What significance does the first digit of a 3-digit interstate number have?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"Overseas commitments and injury issues have kept some of the players in the national team pool away, but with the 6-foot-6 Fowles, 6-5 Delle Donne and Stefanie Dolson and 6-4 Stewart, it’s been daunting at times for Collier on both ends of the court.

“It’s definitely a challenge because I’m the smallest post player here, but just trying to get around them because I won’t be able to push them out of the way like some of the post players (in college),” Collier said.

In the last couple of seasons, Gabby Williams would usually draw the assignment of guarding the opposing team’s top post player. Azurá Stevens was able to help out in that department during the 2017-18 season but with both of them preparing for their professional debuts, this is a good dress rehearsal for Collier to deal with players who are 3, 4 or 5 inches taller than her.

“I’ve been doing it the last two years now so it’s probably not going to be a lot different, other than not having Gabby or Z (Stevens) on the back side, but more experience and more practice with that is always a good thing,” Collier said."

Good article.

Reaction Score
Okay so here's a good trivia question for a road geek. What significance does the first digit of a 3-digit interstate number have?
Get ready for some big city traffic. :eek:

Reaction Score
Too easy:

Even # = Loop (connected to interstate at both ends)

Odd # = Spur (connected to interstate at only one end)

So... What is the significance of the location (right or left) of the small “Exit #” sign on top of a large green interstate exit sign indicating an upcoming exit?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Odd first digits are spurs..... even first digits are loops or bypasses......... there is one exception here in NC. When they first started the second outer loop around Raleigh... (the Raleigh Beltline is 440)... it was designated 540 .... and when they finished.... they were gonna change it to 640. Due to funding issues... construction has taken alot longer than expected... the NCDOT petitioned that they keep the 540 designation and the Feds agreed. I assume the Greensboro loop would have been named 640 instead of 840 if it were on the drawing board earlier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom