USA - Germany Friendly | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USA - Germany Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
true, he had some good scoring opportunities, just needs to finish. I thought when Beckerman came in the second half as the holding and Bradley moved forward as the attacking mid, the team really started to click

Zardes is kind of growing up a bit with these call ups. But most people don't realize that he's only 2 years younger than Altidore.

Klinsmann said that Beckerman was the most underrated player on the roster in Brazil. Many people here, myself included bashed him for passing the ball backwards, but I was definitely wrong. He's the best #6 we have because he is so defensively sound.

I think Klinsmann AGAIN, got a bad rap from the MLS influenced US media over the past year. When he made comments on MLS it was always in reference to Bradley and Dempsey's moves. But he is smart enough to continue to rely on guys like Beckerman and even bringing Beasley back into the fold.

Reaction Score
Zardes is kind of growing up a bit with these call ups. But most people don't realize that he's only 2 years younger than Altidore.

Klinsmann said that Beckerman was the most underrated player on the roster in Brazil. Many people here, myself included bashed him for passing the ball backwards, but I was definitely wrong. He's the best #6 we have because he is so defensively sound.

I think Klinsmann AGAIN, got a bad rap from the MLS influenced US media over the past year. When he made comments on MLS it was always in reference to Bradley and Dempsey's moves. But he is smart enough to continue to rely on guys like Beckerman and even bringing Beasley back into the fold.[/QUOT

I too was not sold on Beckerman, until this past world cup, he does work his arse off on D.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That is a great call out, and so true. I was at the US-Germany world cup match in Recife, and the group of fans in my section had a similar call out/observation in that game. The Germans were AMAZING at receiving the ball (regardless from how far away or at what pace the pass came) which set the next touch and everything else they did with the ball up. The Americans would receive a pass and the ball would settle within a couple feet of their feet, the Germans would receive a pass and the ball was glued to their foot, or one touched with pace and accuracy.

The US first touch has improved exponentially in the past 20 years. Instead of only having one non-butcher on the squad, we have at least 8. Still no where near the European players. A function of soccer's place in the US and the development program. We'll never likely have that kind of technical skill.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I think Klinsmann AGAIN, got a bad rap from the MLS influenced US media over the past year. When he made comments on MLS it was always in reference to Bradley and Dempsey's moves. But he is smart enough to continue to rely on guys like Beckerman and even bringing Beasley back into the fold.

Top level KB hater here, he's improved a lot with all the call ups but he still adds little to the attack. I'm OK with him not hurting us on the field anymore, but it's still one of the positions with the most room for improvement.

Reaction Score
SubbaBub said:
The US first touch has improved exponentially in the past 20 years. Instead of only having one non-butcher on the squad, we have at least 8. Still no where near the European players. A function of soccer's place in the US and the development program. We'll never likely have that kind of technical skill.

We've got a long way to go, but it was nice seeing us score two goals where the first touch was perfect.

Reaction Score
Watching the U-20 World Cup?

Reaction Score
What does scoring 2 game winners in friendlies @ Netherlands and Germany get you? A contract with VfB Stuttgart.
From Sportsfire.net
A report in Germany states that the in-form American striker could be headed to the German top flight.
Could another American be joining VfB Stuttgart? 1860 Munich have agreed a €1.2 Million fee with Stuttgart to acquire in-form USMNT striker Bobby Wood, popular German news outlet Bild reports. Wood’s former manager at 1860, Alex Schmidt, is now a scout for VfB and has always been a believer in the American’s talents. “I am convinced of his qualities. He has the makings of a Bundesliga player.” Schmidt said during his 1860 reign. After an amazing six day stretch with the USMNT that saw him score game-winning goals against the Netherlands and world champion Germany, the striker could be on his way to the Bundesliga to prove his former boss right. Wood, 22, split time between 2.Bundesliga sides 1860 Munich and Erzgebirge Aue last season. He struggled to find playing time with his parent club, 1860, who eventually loaned him out to Erzgebirge Aue in January. Wood managed a respectable three goals in nine games while on loan.

The Hawaiian-born Wood could join fellow American Jerome Kieswetter at Stuttgart. Kiesewetter, who had an impressive Toulon Tournament for the USA U-23’s, was just promoted to the Stuttgart first team squad earlier this month.
Despite his two winning goals against top competition, Wood found himself left off the Gold Cup provisional roster. One reason for this could have been to allow the striker to settle his club situation in hopes of finding him stable playing time.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bigsoccer is a cesspool of old time MLSrs most of the people there cannot stand Klinsmann. All they do is talk about the glory days of Arena and Bradley and actually believe we would be better off with Jason Kreis. It's a bathtub filled with clownjuice.

It seems like that place has declined in terms of number of the number of posters. But it was a good place in the 2000s and probably still a good resource if you actually care enough to understand how MLS actually works.
I hit the Referee and Arsenal boards mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom