USA cumulative stats thru 3 games... | The Boneyard

USA cumulative stats thru 3 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I couldn't find the link on the Olympics page but found this on the USA National Team page. If you click on USA, it will give you a .pdf file that has the stats.

Angel is the leading scorer followed by Tina and Lindsey. They are the only 3 averaging over 10 PPG but 7 are averaging over 6.7 PPG... Sue leads the team in assists (no surprise there) followed by a tie between Diana, Lindsay, and MAYA!

Incredibly balances scoring for the team - Angel leads at 13.7 and Swin is last at 4.3. Very impressive considering the team averages almost 87 PPG so far...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
19.5% on 3 pts.....ouch!:(

Reaction Score
19.5% on 3 pts.....ouch!:(

Shooting percentages are not evenly distributed...easy to see why the Moore-Whalen-McCoughtry battery has been so efficient...just look at those shooting percentages....529/.684/.733...that's a combined .647 against a team average of .488! Leaves the rest of the team at .435...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Shooting percentages are not evenly distributed...easy to see why the Moore-Whalen-McCoughtry battery has been so efficient...just look at those shooting percentages....529/.684/.733...that's a combined .647 against a team average of .488! Leaves the rest of the team at .435...
Nice to have the youngin's playing so well. :)

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Gee Willies! So, surprising, because whoever was doing the NBC PBP kept insisting that Candace Parker was the star so far. Though he eventually acknowledged Angel.

I was kind of dumbfounded when he first declared Parker the star, since it had seemed to me she in fact was the weakest link, at least in 1st two games.

But of course, these stats you presented must lie. They sometimes do.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
G

I was kind of dumbfounded when he first declared Parker the star, since it had seemed to me she in fact was the weakest link, at least in 1st two games.
Not the second game. Parker was a monster in that second game. Like to see her play like that all the time.

Reaction Score
USA's next opponent, the Czech Rep., has an entire squad with first and last names ending in "a". That has to be a record.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
USA's next opponent, the Czech Rep., has an entire squad with first and last names ending in "a". That has to be a record.

In Czech, last names differ to fit into the language's system of gender and possessive adjectives. Czech female surnames are almost always feminine adjectives.

If a male surname is a noun the female surname takes the suffix -ová, making it a feminine adjective. Fans of tennis from the 1980s will remember the siblings, Cyril Suk and Helena Sukova. They were brother and sister; Suková is the feminine form of Suk.

If a male surname is a masculine adjective (ending in ), the female surname is the feminine equivalent. Again, tennis fans will remember Jana Novotna. She has the surname Novotná because her father's surname is Novotný.

Reaction Score
UConn has 50% of the players and 64% of the assists.
Tenn has 17% of the players and 28% of the rebounds.

OK, I know the Tenn players play mostly in the forecourt, and the
UConn players tend to play a bit more in the backcourt, but I thought
those two stats served to characterize the two programs.

Reaction Score
In Czech, last names differ to fit into the language's system of gender and possessive adjectives. Czech female surnames are almost always feminine adjectives.

If a male surname is a noun the female surname takes the suffix -ová, making it a feminine adjective. Fans of tennis from the 1980s will remember the siblings, Cyril Suk and Helena Sukova. They were brother and sister; Suková is the feminine form of Suk.

If a male surname is a masculine adjective (ending in ), the female surname is the feminine equivalent. Again, tennis fans will remember Jana Novotna. She has the surname Novotná because her father's surname is Novotný.

Geez, where are the censors...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Russian is like that too. Svetlana's father's name was Abrosimov, making hers Abrosimova. And isn't the Russian nickname for Svetlana Sveta? I know in the states she was always called Svet, which she probably thought was strange.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Old Swedish was like that with Ander"son" and Ander"dotter".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom