USA Basketball | The Boneyard

USA Basketball

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Taken from Facebook. Stefanie Dolson and Katie Lou Samuelson are on the roster for team USA basketball

1662401114106.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Taken from Facebook. Stefanie Dolson and Katie Lou Samuelson are on the roster for team USA basketball

View attachment 78830
They were invited to training came and may become members of the National team but that not a given. The final number of players invited to camp is, I believe, 29 but I’m not sure about that.

Colorado Springs, Colo. — Three Connecticut Sun players were among the 29 athletes invited on Tuesday to participate in the 2022 USA Basketball Women’s National Team training camp from Sept. 6-12 in Las Vegas.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Seems this was her choice so why the questions
Agreed. Per a quote from the article, it comes across that she made the decision before invitations went out.

“I served my time,” Charles told Alex Azzi of On Her Turf on Wednesday. “I served my country since 2009. I’m very thankful to have had the opportunity. I always told them if they ever need me, please reach out, but I think with this future young crop that’s coming up, not knowing where I’m at in the next couple of years, I just felt it’s time to give the position there. But again, they have my phone number. They have my email. If it’s ever an emergency, I’m willing and ready to serve my country. But right now, the option is mine. I think it’s good for this future crop.”

USA Basketball is always going to be in position where long time members who could likely still compete may not get considered. It's a good problem to have, while frustrating at the same time because fans want to see their favourites represent the country.

If anyone is up to trading situations with Canada Basketball, let me know. Having a pool of top tier veterans to draw from and the ability to invite 25+ to camp would be a dream scenario;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Boston, DeShields, and Howard looking very much like they belong.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Good news for WCBB and SCar haters. Boston looks even bigger and stronger than she did last year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good news for WCBB and SCar haters. Boston looks even bigger and stronger than she did last year.
She finished well around the basket and through contact multiple times. Looked like she played almost the entire game. I guess there is a possibility she can make the team?

JordyG

Reaction Score
She finished well around the basket and through contact multiple times. Looked like she played almost the entire game. I guess there is a possibility she can make the team?
I think she makes the team, and I said so when she was picked as a finalist.

Reaction Score
I think she makes the team, and I said so when she was picked as a finalist.
I agree. Without Charles, Fowles, and (presumably) Griner, there’s some spots for new post players. I’m assuming Wilson and Stewart will be on the team, and it’s possible that Brionna Jones makes the team (but obviously none of these players could’ve attended the camp given the playoffs), but I still think Boston is as close to making the team as anyone else at the training camp—especially since Stewart and Wilson don’t take away any of the spots opened by the departure/absence of the previously mentioned post players.

Reaction Score
Was she injured? The stats show she didn’t get any time
USAB.com

"The Red Team played with a roster of seven, while the White Team only had six with Katie Lou Samuelson unable to play due to an injury. This meant the coaching staff got a good look at how each player would hold up playing more minutes than they typically would with full rosters."

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
So maybe USAB regrets screwing Nneka over multiple times?

Reaction Score

That team has no chance of winning in Australia. And with the first game 9/21, and the WNBA finals ending 9/20, it doesn't look like Wilson, Gray, and Plum will make it.

Reaction Score
Only Powers was cut! Others KLS(injury), Howard (personal), McBride (pulled out)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom