USA Basketball 3x3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USA Basketball 3x3

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Stef really impresses me on how fit she looks compared to when she was in college.

Stef put in a lot of work this off-season. She completely rehauled both her diet and training regimen and lost about 30 pounds. Glad to see that it is translating this well on the court!

Reaction Score
Stef put in a lot of work this off-season. She completely rehauled both her diet and training regimen and lost about 30 pounds. Glad to see that it is translating this well on the court!
Chicago doesn't utilize Stef correctly, especially her passing ability. Sky fan don't appreciate Stef. Not a fan of the Sky coach.

Reaction Score
Chicago doesn't utilize Stef correctly, especially her passing ability. Sky fan don't appreciate Stef. Not a fan of the Sky coach.
Stef would be the perfect big for NY. Her ability to pass and play with a PG like Sabrina who sees the floor so well, would be great. She can also be a banger in the post and let Howard be the perfect 4 to compliment her physicality.

Reaction Score
Stef would be the perfect big for NY. Her ability to pass and play with a PG like Sabrina who sees the floor so well, would be great. She can also be a banger in the post and let Howard be the perfect 4 to compliment her physicality.
NY has Kiah Stokes, who is a better rebounder.

Reaction Score
She is, but with a game manager and PG like Sabrina, you need scorers at all positions-and as much as I love Kiah Stokes, she is nowhere near the same stratosphere as Dolson on offense.

Reaction Score
Strong defensively but below average to poor offensively. Maybe Sabrina could help Kiah offensively but it looks like Kiah has been getting less and less time on the floor. I think Kiah is pretty much a situational player at this point.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She is, but with a game manager and PG like Sabrina, you need scorers at all positions-and as much as I love Kiah Stokes, she is nowhere near the same stratosphere as Dolson on offense.
Strong defensively but below average to poor offensively. Maybe Sabrina could help Kiah offensively but it looks like Kiah has been getting less and less time on the floor. I think Kiah is pretty much a situational player at this point.
Agreed, and it's too bad really. Geno tried really hard to get Kia to score on offense, but never could. It's been a huge problem in the pros too. Every once in a while she has a terrific offensive output and everyone wonders "why can't she do that every day".

I wonder if it's something between the ears. She must know that if she wants to play professionally, she needs to produce on the offensive side, But she simply will not do it. I don't believe it's that she "can't" do it. Which is why I wonder if it's in her head as opposed to her skill set.

Reaction Score
Kiah is more athletic, but somehow could not translate that on the court. Yes, Stef is better offensively. At Uconn Stef had a 12 ft jumper she used, but for some reason doesn't shoot that in the pros. Either under the basket or Three's.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Qualifying tournament begins today but US women play tomorrow:

vs Indonesia at 5:15 am edt
vs France at 7:20 am edt

Is the France team the same as we faced last week?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Spoiler Alert, my next post will give the first game score vs Indonesia

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
USA needed just 5.57 to beat Indonesia 21-7

Lou tweeked her knee with about 6.20 remaining. I did see her give a thumbs up to her coach and she walked off the court without a limp. The medical trainer was with her on the bench until the game ended.
Next game is in about 2 hours.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Germany beats Uruguay 21-12
Sabally is their leader and the next best player on their team isnt close.

Germany plays Indonesia later and should be 2-0 after day one, which means they play USA and France on Saturday
3 x 3 is much more physical than 5 x 5

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Spoiler Alert, I will post the score in my next post

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
If Team USA wins Pool A they play the 2nd place team from Pool C in the Qtrs
Pool C
Netherlands
Estonia
Belarus
Hungary
Sri Lanka

If USA comes in 2nd in Pool A they will play the 1st place team in Pool C in the qtrs
Netherlands are the highest ranked team in that group.
The qtrs and semis are on Sunday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom