US vs Senegal starts NOW | Page 6 | The Boneyard

US vs Senegal starts NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was good to see BG pursuing rebounds. She has a tendency to let others grab the board if it looks like they can secure it instead of going for it herself. I did not see that in this game. Geno influence?
I suspect so, in the way of, "Everyone give max effort all the time. This is prep, these games are our only chance to practice. Everyone's going to play and we're going to use all the combinations, but for us to get better I need you to play like it matters for the whole game."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I suspect so, in the way of, "Everyone give max effort all the time. This is prep, these games are our only chance to practice. Everyone's going to play and we're going to use all the combinations, but for us to get better I need you to play like it matters for the whole game."

I see little things in her game that she is doing much better. One thing is that she is making quick, decisive moves when she gets the ball instead of trying all of these time-consuming moves that allow help defense to arrive.

Also, the way she is blocking out her opponent. She has had this horrible habit of facing her opponent just to keep her off the boards instead of putting her back on the player to move her out. I haven't seen nearly as much of that, although I saw it once today.

Another thing is that she is not leaving her feet to try to block shots and not trying to block every shot. She actually got called for a foul today when she was standing there and the opponent just ran into her. She really has done a much better job of staying out of foul trouble because of this.

I loved the little story about her having her arms in the air in the hallway and asking Geno if she was doing it right and him telling her to get some deodorant. I think she really likes interacting with him. I can only imagine how much better she would be if she had played for him for four years.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I would love to know who is rooming together and if they got to choose or if they were assigned roommates. I think it would be interesting to see how that looks.

Reaction Score
So, you're saying Mo, with no professional experience, should have been invited before Sloot and Sims but wasn't because of politics?
No, not saying that at all. It was just real-time "thinking" (more like reacting while I was watching the game live) and I was just musing about point guards and the fuss over Candice. Maybe I already miss Mo at UConn.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="easttexastrash, post: I can only imagine how much better she would be if she had played for him for four years.

Funny you should say that. I wondered the same thing. :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
ETT some nice comments.
One of the advantages of playing on this team is also knowing you do not have to 'save yourself' for 35 minutes of game play. If you are on the floor for 5 minutes straight you can go all out, because you are going to get the next five minutes at least to recharge. The player who replaces you is not going to be someone trying not to blow a lead - they may be bring a different style, but they will be capable of matching or even improving on your own production. That is not at all true on any of these players professional teams so they are usually trying to pace themselves.
(Sort of the difference between a 4x100 relay and someone running a 400 meter race on their own.)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Even distribution of minutes:

Elena led with 23, then Angel with 20.

Maya, Stewie, and Catch played the least, only 13.

Two players scored more than a point per minute. Sylvia was one. This was the other:

072616-Olympics-Breanna-Stewart-Team-USA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS