US vs Senegal starts NOW | Page 5 | The Boneyard

US vs Senegal starts NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
U.S.A. record for scoring and MOV. Nicely done.

Seven players in double figures, everyone with at least 4.

Spain tomorrow, but without Sancho Lyttle.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Leading scorers: Diana, Sylvia, Stewie, each with 15. Brit had 14. EDD and Angel had 11. Tina scored 10.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Seven of the last eight WCBB NCs represented: 2009 and 1010, 2012, 2013-16. If Parker were on, it'd be nine of 10 and 13 of 17.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
But that wasn't politically possible, given all else that happened. .

So, you're saying Mo, with no professional experience, should have been invited before Sloot and Sims but wasn't because of politics?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Stewie definitely looks like she belongs out there. If I didn't know anything about this team I wouldn't guess she was the youngest and least experienced.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
6 assists for EDD. Playing on an all-star team really suits her.

Gets to show off a different side of her game when not under pressure to score 20+ herself.
Agreed. From what I've seen of the national team this summer, EDD has looked very good. We know she can score, but her non-offensive game has really impressed. She has hustled, played good help D, and is a legitimate threat as a shot blocker. She seems to be a good team player, looking to pass when she can.

Reaction Score
Some UConn players have them while they're at UConn, they just have to cover them up. Saniya, Gabulous, Stef all have/had them.
Kennitra
Yeah, but only Gabby has/had a really visible one, absent the kinesiotape.
Kennitra Johnson or KJ had one on the arm.Was on 2000 NC team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
U.S.A. record for scoring and MOV. Nicely done.

Seven players in double figures, everyone with at least 4.

Spain tomorrow, but without Sancho Lyttle.

Agreed. Spain will give the USA team a much more competitive game than Senegal. Senegal did the best they could, they were simply over matched.

Team USA is expected to beat Spain, but the MOV will be much closer. Spain just may be the most competitive game the US will play in this tournment. Spain's over all talent level is very high.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How good is this team? All 12 players may be in Springfield in the future.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Agreed. Spain will give the USA team a much more competitive game than Senegal. Senegal did the best they could, they were simply over matched.

Team USA is expected to beat Spain, but the MOV will be much closer. Spain just may be the most competitive game the US will play in this tournment. Spain's over all talent level is very high.
I wonder if the young woman who endured a year at Duke made the Spanish team. I'm blanking: Angela . . .

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Was good to see BG pursuing rebounds. She has a tendency to let others grab the board if it looks like they can secure it instead of going for it herself. I did not see that in this game. Geno influence?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I know Whalen is on the team for very specific reasons, but she's sometimes hard to watch. Mostly, it's the jarring difference in how the team moves when Sue is out and she's in. She hesitates a split-second before passing (if she does decide to pass instead of penetrating a packed in defense), while Sue sees where everyone is before they actually are there--like Magic. The team seems to bog down with Whalen in.

Frankly, Mo would be better here. And she's a fantastic defender. But that wasn't politically possible, given all else that happened. And it won't affect outcome this year, and she'll be on the 2020 team and running it then or in 2024.

I don't find it hard to watch at all. I love watching the contrast between Sue and Whalen. I'm not sure why you are so hard on her. She typically comes in when the other subs come in so the team is not going to look at fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom