US vs Japan Tuesday | The Boneyard

US vs Japan Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm now seeing a 5:45 EST tip-off. Is that right? I had earlier seen a morning game scheduled.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yep- 5:45 PM on NBC Sports (ch 220 on DirecTV).

BTW, the men's team's QF is tomorrow, same bat time and channel.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Yep- 5:45 PM on NBC Sports (ch 220 on DirecTV).

BTW, the men's team's QF is tomorrow, same bat time and channel.

Excellent column in Boston Globe today by analyst Gary Washburn discussing disapointing performance thus far by men's team ("grinding out ugly wins in pretty uniforms").

Washburn is highly critical of the team's poor defense (especially vs. pick-and-roll) and lack of leadership on the court. An astute critique. I couldn't resist posting a comment:

"The women's team gets it."
(So I did my duty.) ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Japan really taking it to Team USA in the 2nd quarter. Only down 2 points. Yikes! Taping the game so i can't watch it yet but what the heck is going on?

Reaction Score
Hoping Bird is all right, both for her sake and team USA. After Whalen's session, USA had to run a good chunk of the 2nd quarter with Taurasi doing the PG position (sort of).

Aside: I love watching Olympic-mode Angel McCoughtry.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Don't want to be chicken little, but not in love with Sue's demeanor on the bench after she left limping.
Really worried because the replay did not show any twist to her ankle which makes it more likely a knee - I hope it was a charlie horse, but ...

Reaction Score
And maybe the last couple of shots is why Augustus is on the team! :)
But not the first couple. What happened to Money? She missed more than I expected her to.

Maybe she had to warm up.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Whalen was playing with a ME attitude while she was in the game. Its okay to drive it to the basket once in a while, but when she's shut off, she's got to pass the ball instead of forcing shots. DT can run the offense if Sue is unable to play, but she gives up quickness to the Japanese guards. Glad Japan is giving USA a game, but not enough for them to pull off the upset.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Japan is playing Paul-Ball and executing well. They have 7 treys. Hopefully we can tire them out.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Whalen was playing with a ME attitude while she was in the game. Its okay to drive it to the basket once in a while, but when she's shut off, she's got to pass the ball instead of forcing shots. DT can run the offense if Sue is unable to play, but she gives up quickness to the Japanese guards. Glad Japan is giving USA a game, but not enough for them to pull off the upset.

Geno should put in one of those young PGs we took to the Olympics. Oh wait...we didn't.

Reaction Score
Really worried because the replay did not show any twist to her ankle which makes it more likely a knee - I hope it was a charlie horse, but ...
Sue's sitting at beginning of 2nd half, and by look on her face at end of 1st half....

that Whalen is not starting either says volumes about what Geno thought about her play in the 1st half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom