US vs China Exhibition | The Boneyard

US vs China Exhibition

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch the first half? I simply YouTubed "USAB" and found the game. I joined during the second quarter. Apparently the game started off with a 17-4 US start. I seen it get tied at 25, but then US stretched it to 42-25 by half. Clarendon and Mitchell look good as PG. Diggins looked good as a PG, but she played with the second unit that lost the lead. Clarendon and Mitchell got to play with Stewie, DT, and Sylvia.

Reaction Score
Thanks for that. I was unable to full screen at the USA basketball site. I can at YouTube. It seems like you started watching when I did. Great that Morgan Tuck got added back in with the injury to Delle Donne.

Reaction Score
I seen Morgan make a nice floater. The starting five (Bird, DT, Augustus, Stewart, and Fowles) have good chemistry and share the ball so well. The second unit has a more difficult time. As the announcers said, they have played together for 6 days this year. The young ones will develop chemistry over time.

Reaction Score
0E601111-EDF4-4A59-ACB1-6DC4126F65D1.jpeg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I seen Morgan make a nice floater. The starting five (Bird, DT, Augustus, Stewart, and Fowles) have good chemistry and share the ball so well. The second unit has a more difficult time. As the announcers said, they have played together for 6 days this year. The young ones will develop chemistry over time.
That’s a world-class lineup: Sue, Diana, Seimone, Stewie, and Sylvia. UConn and LSU.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I loved watching the game. The chemistry between Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi is beautiful, and can never get old. I was wondering who would be on the Coaching Staff with Dawn Staley. Nice to see Cheryl Reeves again along with Dan Hughes.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Diana continued her torrid 3-point shooting from Rio, going 3-6. The rest of the team was 1-11. We need Maya! :)

Reaction Score
Should be that starting lineup but sub Parker for Stewart

Parker removed herself from Team USA basketball. Now she has more time to dedicate to her NBA analyst job.

Maya will be a definite starter at SF. At PF it will probably come down to starting Tina Charles or Delle Donne. At center, it’ll be between Griner and Fowles.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
China is very very young, and they have some height too. They could be good in the future.

Reaction Score
You know, every time the national team, or a national team, loads up with UConn alumnae, there are cries of favoritism. But then the UConn alumnae get on the court and prove they belong. Same thing last night: every UConn player played superbly.

Nice to see some things never change!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The +- for many of the players was insane...
  1. Dee +41
  2. Stewie +37
  3. Sylvia +27
  4. Sue +27
  5. Kelsey Mitchell +22
  6. Liz Williams +12
  7. Siemone +11
  8. Clarendon +9
  9. Tiff Hayes +8

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You know, every time the national team, or a national team, loads up with UConn alumnae, there are cries of favoritism. But then the UConn alumnae get on the court and prove they belong. Same thing last night: every UConn player played superbly.

Nice to see some things never change!!!

I am definitely among those that wish Bird and Taurasi would move on already but I have to admit they were excellent last night...

Sylvia Fowles was also a standout for me. The game just looked totally different with her in. Her defense makes a massive impact.

Reaction Score
Parker removed herself from Team USA basketball. Now she has more time to dedicate to her NBA analyst job.

Maya will be a definite starter at SF. At PF it will probably come down to starting Tina Charles or Delle Donne. At center, it’ll be between Griner and Fowles.

Who's better, Fowles or Griner? I think Griner. I'd also start Delle Donne over Charles, though it's a close call. I don't know why people want Sue Bird and Taurasi to leave...clearly they're the most consistent and best all around guards, which is amazing.

Reaction Score
Geno still talks about how absolutely stupifying it was that those two, the greatest guards in WCBB history, played at UConn together.

An instance of that:

Regardless of number of wins, there's no doubt that UCONN has had the best collection of guard play in WCBB history. Pretty amazing that Moore, DT, Sue Bird, Mo Jefferson, Sales, and perhaps a few others all played at the same school. UT doesn't come close to that kind of history.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this is random, but what will DT's legacy be when she retires? Will she be considered the greatest player to have played thus far in women's basketball? I'm also thinking of how her retirement will be compared to Tamika Catching's retirement?

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch the first half? I simply YouTubed "USAB" and found the game. I joined during the second quarter. Apparently the game started off with a 17-4 US start. I seen it get tied at 25, but then US stretched it to 42-25 by half. Clarendon and Mitchell look good as PG. Diggins looked good as a PG, but she played with the second unit that lost the lead. Clarendon and Mitchell got to play with Stewie, DT, and Sylvia.
I did watch the whole game and you could see a definite difference between the first five and the less experienced players. More disjointed and less flow which I’m sure will get better as they play together more. I liked Clarendon the best as a back up PG with Mitchell closely behind. Clarendon did a great job handling the ball and seemed to have better ball placement.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm watching the replay and realize that we have three #3 from UConn: Diana, Tiffany, Morgan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom