US News Top Public University rankings | Page 3 | The Boneyard

US News Top Public University rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@I think these RU ranking in pre UNJMD school assimilation?It was publically announced RU would be upper B1G and public Ivy quality ranked again in very short order!?!

The rankings are by specialty. Not aggregate. So whether they are assimilated or not makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Reaction Score
The metrics can be debated, but USN&WR rankings are more timely than the NSF data. I am willing to wager that in September, when the updated data become available, you'll see UCONN continue to climb the USN&WR rankings and pass 1 or 2 more B1G schools. The NSF data has more to do with research dollars and doesn't necessarily translate directly to academics or strength of graduate or undergraduate programs. Much of the data also typically lags 2-3 years behind. Having said that, I agree that the B1g and AAU value Research$ more than academic rankings. While UCONN still has some work to do, it's laying a multi-billion dollar foundation to become a leading research university. I think the B1G is capable of doing forward looking math and see where UCONN is heading. And by the way, it's going there with, or without, the B1G or the AAU.

@Possibly RU also since RU Pres Barchi announced the reassimilation of their Medical and Dentistry school on 1July13?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Anyone who actually watched the game knows UConn's attendance numbers and the games overall attendance where egregiously misrepresented.

Unfortunately, the national media, as a whole, did not watch the game. They are relying on "hard" data provided by the NCAA, which does not include the secondary ticket market, but does include the tickets that Oklahoma "ate" by passing the cost to the Big 12.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
@I think these RU ranking are pre UNJMD school assimilation?It was publically announced RU would be upper B1G and public Ivy quality ranked again in very short order!?!
I love how even people from New Jersey aren't sure how to spell UMDNJ. (I say this as a doctorate holder from a joint UMDNJ / Rutgers PhD program who had to try to explain that all the time... thankfully now all my classmates can all just say "Rutgers" if we weren't already)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom