US/Colombia | The Boneyard

US/Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don't really have any big issues with what JK put together to start tonight.

They steal a point tonight that would be nice...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You don't usually see someone on national TV who is scared to death. Fox might want to leave Dr. Joe Machnik off camera going forward.

Reaction Score
A Mexican center, I smell controversy.

and a Trump post match tweet.

Reaction Score
Nice spin move by Cameron and pushing the pace for the counter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fox has their audio about a second ahead of their video for me - so it's fun to hear the goal call and then see it.

Tournament lasted almost 8 minutes for the US - attaboy JK!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Didn't realize that Colombia is 3rd in the world...whoa...we will be lucky to only lose by a goal....

Getting decent spots for free kicks but really a whole lot of nothing so far.

Reaction Score
Come on Yedlin. Can't have your arm away from your body like that.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Ouch....will we see Nagbe and Pulisic in the 2nd half? I'd rather see what those two can do against top flight talent like Colombia. This game is out of reach. Let's see what those two have!

Reaction Score
What the hell is Friedel talking about. Yedlin's hand was in the air, away from his face. It obstructed the direction of the pass. It's a PK. Doesn't matter if he didn't try to to unit, his had obstructed the path of the ball and it was not against his body.

Reaction Score
What the hell is Friedel talking about. Yedlin's hand was in the air, away from his face. It obstructed the direction of the pass. It's a PK. Doesn't matter if he didn't try to to unit, his had obstructed the path of the ball and it was not against his body.

yeah, totally correct call

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
yeah, totally correct call
Agreed. There's no other way to look at it...it sucks but it's the right call

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not sure what JK can do here. Putting Nagle and Pulisic in at half invites a blow out if they can't defend.

I do get Zardes out of there, but I don't like my options here down 2. I put Pulisic in at 55-60 and hope for a lucky bounce to get back in it. Columbia is very quick on the counter.

Not sure Jones can hang with Columbia for 90.

Dempsey needs to show big here I think.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Bottom line is that they can't concede anymore goals. Lose 2-0 sucks but it could be worse. Seeing how it's going to be a fight for who finishes second in this group, goal differential will most likely be huge. Can't lose by a landslide here.

I'd like to see Nagbe and Pulisic but I agree with you Subba. I also agree that Jones probably won't be able to go all 90 minutes but who knows...

Reaction Score
I see us getting a goal, we have been knocking on the door.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Why is wood coming off?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Can anyone on this team trap the ball?

Bradley has been horrible with his passing.

Reaction Score
Bradley giving the ball away a lot tonight.
He's been awful for a few years now. Looking forward to the day they're able to upgrade at his position.

Reaction Score
Meh, not a great game for the US, just so-so with a couple of flashes of good, and a lot of flashes of not so good. I honestly did not expect them to beat Colombia, or even tie them. Bradley did not play well. Dempsey was okay. Ospina had a couple nice saves for Colombia, and their defender clearing the ball of the line was big.

This US team can win the next 2 (and just as easily lose the next 2). Hoping for a tie in the Paraguay-CR game tomorrow and then the US controls its destiny.

Reaction Score
If your veterans fail to show up then the team has a pretty low ceiling.

They needed more from Bradley, Dempsey and Jones.

Cameron shows why he is career mid table EPL defender. Makes 2 good plays, makes 1 really bad one. Ditto for Yedlin.

Colombia was just the better team.

Also, moving Bradley back hasn't been the magical elixir that all of the JK bashers have said it would be.

Reaction Score
Meh, not a great game for the US, just so-so with a couple of flashes of good, and a lot of flashes of not so good. I honestly did not expect them to beat Colombia, or even tie them. Bradley did not play well. Dempsey was okay. Ospina had a couple nice saves for Colombia, and their defender clearing the ball of the line was big.

This US team can win the next 2 (and just as easily lose the next 2). Hoping for a tie in the Paraguay-CR game tomorrow and then the US controls its destiny.

I think they have to crush it against Paraguay and CR. I didn't expect a win, but conceding that early was a kick in the nuts.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Have to agree with Zoo - Cameron had his one moment and then the pretty much ended their tournament run on the corner. How is he not more consistent?

I've been banging the Yedlin drum but what was that?

I still love Bradley - but it has been downhill since joining Toronto.

How is this team this bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99