URI vs UConn in charity game at the sun 10/14 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

URI vs UConn in charity game at the sun 10/14

Reaction Score
Would have loved to go see this game in person. Won't be able to drive up from NY due to work. Any chance it will be livestreamed ?
Don’t get off for Columbus Day?

Reaction Score
Would have loved to go see this game in person. Won't be able to drive up from NY due to work. Any chance it will be livestreamed ?
Sometimes these exhibitions are televised and sometimes not. Field of 68 actually just had an open offer out to schools to livestream these exhibitions for them, so worst case scenario Goodman calls the game. 2nd worst case scenario is there is no livestream.

Reaction Score
Great to see Danny paying back the URI Program for his time spent there with some revenue for their Program. Like Coach K said- Time for Danny to lead the NCAA.
The NCAA waiver-approved charity game will conclude the Hall of Fame's weekend's festivities, which includes the Class of 2024 Enshrinement Ceremony on Sunday, October 13, in Springfield, Massachusetts – the Birthplace of Basketball. All net proceeds from the game will benefit Coaches vs. Cancer and the American Cancer Society.

Don't think URI or UConn are financially benefitting from this game.

Reaction Score
The NCAA waiver-approved charity game will conclude the Hall of Fame's weekend's festivities, which includes the Class of 2024 Enshrinement Ceremony on Sunday, October 13, in Springfield, Massachusetts – the Birthplace of Basketball. All net proceeds from the game will benefit Coaches vs. Cancer and the American Cancer Society.

Don't think URI or UConn are financially benefitting from this game.
Appreciate the update. Had not seen that press release. IIRC-Andrea's Dad passed from cancer and I know Dan was very close to him. Still great visibility for both Programs.

As a two-time cancer survivor I appreciate the two Programs paying forward.

Reaction Score
As a two-time cancer survivor I appreciate the two Programs paying forward.
Good to hear you are thriving after both bouts.

Crazy timing: my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer on the exact day of this game's announcement. Hopes is that by the day of this game, my wife will be well on the road to recovery.

Reaction Score
Good to hear you are thriving after both bouts.

Crazy timing: my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer on the exact day of this game's announcement. Hopes is that by the day of this game, my wife will be well on the road to recovery.
Your wife is in our thoughts and prayers. My wife is a breast cancer survivor. There is a high degree of success with early detection and new modalities. Best of luck moving forward for her-you-and your Family.

Reaction Score
Your wife is in our thoughts and prayers. My wife is a breast cancer survivor. There is a high degree of success with early detection and new modalities. Best of luck moving forward for her-you-and your Family.
Thanks, UZ.

She still needs an MRI, but the biopsy predicts invasive ductal carcinoma, grade 1 w/ no activity in her lymph nodes. We've been told from friends that "it's the best news of bad news you can get", but yeah, it still sucks and the waiting game has been a drag. MRI is later next week and then hopefully wheels get churning soon after that.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Thanks, UZ.

She still needs an MRI, but the biopsy predicts invasive ductal carcinoma, grade 1 w/ no activity in her lymph nodes. We've been told from friends that "it's the best news of bad news you can get", but yeah, it still sucks and the waiting game has been a drag. MRI is later next week and then hopefully wheels get churning soon after that.
Best wishes for the best outcome!

Reaction Score
Don’t get off for Columbus Day?
IMG_1353.gif

Reaction Score
Thanks, UZ.

Speaking from experience. A positive mental attitude -visualizing a positive result-Is key. The body and brain are interconnected and respond to each other's direction re: defending against physical adversity.IMO- Believing in positive outcomes has a huge influence on achieving positive outcomes.

Reaction Score

Hope so! Maybe the Storrs Central guys can figure that out and 5x their subscribers overnight.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a great time to get Meleek Thomas and Braylon Mullins back for unofficial visits

Reaction Score
Sounds like a great time to get Meleek Thomas and Braylon Mullins back for unofficial visits
Meleek Thomas can take another official visit to UConn. You're allowed 1 to each school every academic year (pretty much 9/1 to 8/31).

Reaction Score
Just ordered 4 tickets! See y'all there!

Unless they sell out before my spot in line comes up :-(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom