Upset Alert | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Upset Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jim Boeheim seems to have a horseshoe/rabbit foot firmly embedded in his ass this season. The luck is just unreal.

Hopefully karma catches up and brutalizes them in the NCAA Tournament.

Of course it will. It does every season except for their Carmelo rental season.

Reaction Score
Funny how the pundits excuse some teams less than impressive performances:

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 6s
That's why these are dog days of February. Teams like Duke, Syracuse and San Diego St don't have nearly as much to play for as opponents.

Try playing New Year's Eve in Houston in front of 1000 people Seth.

Reaction Score

That's why these are dog days of February. Teams like Duke, Syracuse and San Diego St don't have nearly as much to play for as opponents.

Even for Seth Davis, that's an extraordinarily dumb tweet.

Reaction Score
About the TV thing, how would you like to be NC State? They are on ESPN/ESPN2 only 4 times this season. They play the #1 team in the country, and people can't even watch the game! I can't wait until UConn lands in the ACC or B1G but the fact is, we'll be missing a lot of games if it happens.

Reaction Score
About the TV thing, how would you like to be NC State? They are on ESPN/ESPN2 only 4 times this season. They play the #1 team in the country, and people can't even watch the game! I can't wait until UConn lands in the ACC or B1G but the fact is, we'll be missing a lot of games if it happens.

I agree with you up until that last part. The B1G and ACC both have their own networks, and even if you don't get those packages, ESPN will have no problem finding room for our games. We didn't miss many games when we were in the Big East, did we? Maybe against teams like Georgia Tech and Wake Forest we wouldn't be on national TV, but UConn would certainly be one of the featured teams from a basketball perspective in the B1G or ACC.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

What does this even mean? Duke and Syracuse aren't playing for high seeds?

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I agree with you up until that last part. The B1G and ACC both have their own networks, and even if you don't get those packages, ESPN will have no problem finding room for our games. We didn't miss many games when we were in the Big East, did we? Maybe against teams like Georgia Tech and Wake Forest we wouldn't be on national TV, but UConn would certainly be one of the featured teams from a basketball perspective in the B1G or ACC.
The ACC doesn't have an actual network. The thing they call the "ACC Network" is similar to what the old Big East did with the "Big East Network" in that it's just a type of branding used for syndication of the conference's non-national games. (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raycom_Sports#ACC_Network)

The PAC-12, B1G, and soon the SEC are the only conferences with actual networks.

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't have an actual network. The thing they call the "ACC Network" is similar to what the old Big East did with the "Big East Network" in that it's just a type of branding used for syndication of the conference's non-national games. (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raycom_Sports#ACC_Network)

The PAC-12, B1G, and soon the SEC are the only conferences with actual networks.

Gotcha

Reaction Score
I just saw the highlights of NC State-Cuse, and I have to say, that has got to be the worst end-of-game choke job I have seen this year in college basketball. Two separate possessions where all they have to do is dribble out the clock and get fouled, and they fail to do it both times, one of which led directly to the game-losing bucket.

I have to say, Syracuse going undefeated in the ACC this year has a lot more to do with the weakness of the ACC than with the strength of Syracuse. There's no way they run the gauntlet like this in last year's Big East, or even this year's AAC. Pathetic.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You know, I'd almost rather have them go undefeated until the NCAA Tourney...all that extra pressure being on them would be great come March.

On the ride home from the game yesterday, after telling my son that Cuse was still undefeated he said "We'll give them their first loss this year". I replied "That would be beautiful!".

Reaction Score
They're playing with fire with some crappy ACC teams…..good news for them is they are in the ACC…..they'd have 4-5 losses in the old Big East ! They'd have 2-3 in the AAC…….;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jim Boeheim seems to have a horseshoe/rabbit foot firmly embedded in his ass this season. The luck is just unreal.

Hopefully karma catches up and brutalizes them in the NCAA Tournament.
it's actually in his nose... I think someone has a video of him pushing it way up in there where no one could find it...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How was that not an and one....
how was that not a technical for impeding someones clear path to the basket on a breakaway? Cooley grabbed and held him. Had that been UConn it would have been a T. Oh well, this cuse team isn't going anywhere in the dance.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They're playing with fire with some crappy ACC teams…..good news for them is they are in the ACC…..they'd have 4-5 losses in the old Big East ! They'd have 2-3 in the AAC…….;)
My sentiments exactly = Lville, Memphis, Cincy and UConn would all pin at least loss each on them. Even in the "New Big East" they would lose a few. The Acc is very weak this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom