Upset alert? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Upset alert?

Reaction Score
This season kind of already reminds me of the 2002-03 women's basketball season. It's anybody's ball game!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
No, MSU is just not very good.

I think it is this. A team with a 3/21 A/TO ratio and 33% shooting wont win many games. Im not at all convinced McCray can keep Mississippi State at the same high level Vic did.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think it is this. A team with a 3/21 A/TO ratio and 33% shooting won win many games. Im not at all convinced McCray can keep Mississippi State at the same high level Vic did.

Jose has learned how to keep most games close. They play hard, gritty, and tough while milking the clock. Not an easy team to play against at all regardless if you come in with a talent advantage.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
It's just one game, but if Mississippi State can't even beat South Florida with a Top 5 roster..... it puts people on high alert. We played one good team, and we're 0-1. Heck of a start for Nikki. The question becomes if she's tough enough at practice to nail the players responsible for this horrid performance. Dawn does it. Vic does it. All the great coaches do. McCray seems too nice.... she's often caught on video doing silly dances with her team.

I'm surprised the Hail State band is missing tonight, since the thread on our board has 350 replies and a lot of people are like "uhhh ohhhh........we're on high alert now."

Reaction Score
These results might be affected somewhat by a lack of off season keeping in shape and lack of practice due to Covid. Or it could also partially be an affect of parity beginning to expand to more teams. More upsets and making it harder for teams to win consistently. Becoming more like the mens game where upsets happen all the time.

Reaction Score
A lot of predictions after only one week of play. I’m not worried about the SEC I’m confident SC and Msst will have a say so in who wins the national title this year .

Reaction Score
Houston knocks off Auburn :eek:

USF knocks off MissSt :eek::eek::eek:

UCF knocks off LSU & Virginia :eek::eek:

Great for the AAC and a blow to P-5 supremacist's. :)

Didn't realize the AAC vs SEC Challenge was on. :p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Houston knocks off Auburn :eek:

USF knocks off MissSt :eek::eek::eek:

UCF knocks off LSU & Virginia :eek::eek:

Great for the AAC and a blow to P-5 supremacist's. :)

Meh..... Me, my 97 year old grandmother... my neighbor's dog....and 2 panhandlers off the street could probably cover the spread vs LSU and UVA. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It’s not the Conference. It’s the coaching! Vic is gone and so are the wins.
The coaching change is definitely going to be an adjustment (for fans and players). I don't expect anyone to do what Vic did, but, if Nikki can keep us in the top half of the conference and going to the tournament, I'd call that a win. Regardless, Nikki will get at least 3 years to prove what she can do.

Reaction Score
Did anybody notice how the Mid-Major POTY award had the AAC as not eligible....but this year all of a sudden they're eligible. Go figure!...

Reaction Score
Did anybody notice how the Mid-Major POTY award had the AAC as not eligible....but this year all of a sudden they're eligible. Go figure!...

I think that was in large part due to the UConn effect. The purpose of the award is to really recognize players who do their work outside of what you might consider the P-5. UConn players get enough recognition as it is due to the brand of UConn basketball, so it's great for players like Ciara Duffy, Bela Alarie, Jill Townsend, Maycee from IUPUI, Erica Johnson of Ohio, and others to get recognition on their own platform. I don't mind the AAC joining this year since they do fall into my consideration of a Mid-Major conference.

Reaction Score
There are 3 players:
Shae Leverett - Rincon, GA
Maria Alvarez - Bal Harbour, FL
Syndi Harvey - Nashville, TN
Lol.....someone is slipping on the recruitments..at least they put the American in the American Athletic Conference... :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom