Upset alert! TX leads Stan by 2 with 4 to go | The Boneyard

Upset alert! TX leads Stan by 2 with 4 to go

Reaction Score
Texas's Harmon has 21 and Matharu has 17 pts, beat Stanford 61 - 56.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm a bit shocked Texas was ready to win a game like this, with all their young players.

Rori Harmon was electric. Everything I thought she could be when I saw her play in high school.

Aaliyah Matharu was the difference maker down the stretch, had the hot hand and scored multiple 3's plus critical free throws.

Reaction Score
Watch the game was really shocked, At 4Q Texas has 26 vs. Stanford's 16 pts. Texas has only 5 players scored and all others are zero point. But Texas can hit the critical FT pts at the last 16 secs..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
who's more unhappy after today's games, Tara or Geno?

Using the SWAG method (scientific wild arse guess) it wouldn’t be Geno for 2 reasons:

1. A win is a win, there are no style points in BB.
2. It was a win, but it was the type of win that his critique in the film room will make it sound like it was a loss, with many teachable moments. If you had a soundtrack of said critique, there may even be a few words bleeped out.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Just goes to show - Stanford lost their starting PG from last year to graduation. It's a HUGE impact.
Last year, Tara pulled didn’t hold back when describing how important Kiana Williams was to her team. “Ki is key,” was a familiar refrain. I’m not surprised they lost early in the season.

Reaction Score
not gonna overreact to this game, Stanford got their rings. The lakers got theirs (blownout), the Tampa lightning got theirs (blownout by an ahl penguins team.) Keep in mind those are professionals, these are kids 18-24. They were probably still relishing the moment.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
not gonna overreact to this game, Stanford got their rings. The lakers got theirs (blownout), the Tampa lightning got theirs (blownout by an ahl penguins team.) Keep in mind those are professionals, these are kids 18-24. They were probably still relishing the moment.
Oh, if only UConn fans could be so sanguine about the Huskies’ narrow 15 point win :rolleyes:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Oh, if only UConn fans could be so sanguine about the Huskies’ narrow 15 point win :rolleyes:
If they had hit more free throws they would have scored over 100 points and won by more.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Geno

4-27 from 3 is probably not going to happen again
The coach that won is more unhappy? Yeah, right. And I bet Stanford shoots 15% from 3 again this year.

Reaction Score
The coach that won is more unhappy? Yeah, right. And I bet Stanford shoots 15% from 3 again this year.
yesterday was a celebration for Stanford. They got their rings, their banner. I'd say the girls and team will be happy no matter what at the end of the day. Would the win woulda been great? Off course but as stated before, ring night a team loses it's focus. It's a big deal especially to teams that usually don't win them.

Reaction Score
Stanford's performance does bring our measly 15 pt win into perspective.... and other posters are correct. Just the 9 missed free throws would have made it a comfortable 24 pt mov for UConn...

Reaction Score
I don't think Stanford is a great 3 point shooting team but assuming they shoot at double that rate they clearly would have won by 10. They had a ton of open looks. Texas didn't have the depth to stay with them but Hermon's pull up jumper and quickness were unstoppable. She is for real. Stanford did struggle against the press also without a great point guard. Haley Jones was bringing the ball up most of the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom