Updates on the Gampel Roof repairs? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Updates on the Gampel Roof repairs?

Reaction Score
Check recent pic on men's basketball forum "new Gampel video". Was in there today. New wrapped panels are a very bright white. Will look great when all done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Check recent pic on men's basketball forum "new Gampel video". Was in there today. New wrapped panels are a very bright white. Will look great when all done.

It's 5/6 posts back here...?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It's nationally recognized as The Home Of 11 time National Champion UConn....By whom you ask , WCBB.

And that's something no one else can say. I am sure fans that visit Cameron Indoor Stadium for games would love to have that title. Small and cramped as it may be.

Being nationally recognized and historic are two different things.

let's just say many years of fear from the visiting teams.....:rolleyes:

But why would that explain the ceiling being yellow ? :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

But why would that explain the ceiling being yellow ? :rolleyes:
Still droning on about this? Probably the single most iconic game in the history of woman's college basketball took place there over two decades ago. There have been many others since. National commentators use that phrase is before the start of pretty much every game.

Not sure why you trolling on this. You are typically a pretty good guest here.

HGN

Reaction Score

What you say is true............Cameron Indoor Stadium is recognized and historic......For what the Men have done! Coach K is the reason. Coach K calls Cameron Home. When your WCBB program puts a NC trophy in there then it can claim some history. I'll even settle for the next NCAA Regional Trophy to add some history. I won't even ask for a FF. Heck , I'll settle for the next ACC Championship Trophy. My point being that Recognition and Historic can go hand in hand. Or when that winning team calls a certain place its Home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
They picked the wrong color to begin with. White will discolor over time...just ask your teeth, if you have them! :rolleyes: All that inhaling...exhaling at games has nowhere to go but up.

Reaction Score
That thing looks like the bastard kid of the Superdome and the Kingdome (RIP). I guess in 10-15 years they will be repeating the process?
good choice .... after a few short years the superdome roof was being repaired because seagulls were eating it. I guess any new design goes thru growing pains.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
good choice .... after a few short years the superdome roof was being repaired because seagulls were eating it. I guess any new design goes thru growing pains.
I'll say it again - Flex Seal. If it is strong enough to make a boat out a screen door, it's strong to seal the Gampel roof.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom