Reaction Score
He just called you out.

View attachment 94439
Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

Reactions: caw

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hopefully whenever he comes back he doesn't have the extra pounds he had earlier.
Probably going to be very unlikely if he can’t condition since he can’t run/do most things cardio related.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This is like exactly what the exercise bike was invented for.
I’m not a training expert, maybe someone else who is can speak to this more. But I feel like bikes aren’t as effective as good old fashion running.

Also if his foot is in a boot idk how much he can use the bike either.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I’m not a training expert, maybe someone else who is can speak to this more. But I feel like bikes aren’t as effective as good old fashion running.

Also if his foot is in a boot idk how much he can use the bike either.
I was really into running and suffered an IT band injury so pivoted to biking. Biking is extremely effective to stay conditioned. Cardio is cardio. It’s lower impact but gets your blood pumping all the same.

Reaction Score
He won’t lose weight without cutting calories no matter what he does but I’m sure the staff is on this.

Reaction Score
I've always used the technique of using a cardio machine for only about five to ten minutes to get heart rate up and then hitting weight machines with little to no breaks between sets and this keeps the heart rate up all workout long and burns more body fat than using a cardio machine for 30 minutes. You get the double-bonus without all the wear and tear on knees and feet (I played hockey so lots of lower body and upper body issues) and you save time as well.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He won’t lose weight without cutting calories no matter what he does but I’m sure the staff is on this.

Not as true for top athletes. Phelps reportedly burned 10k calories/day. At 7'3" 275#, Donovan likely burns more calories walking to the gym than most people do on a treadmill while he gets there.

IF he needs to lose 20# he should be able to do so by skipping a morning bagel and working off the rest on a treadmill (or a suitable alternative).

I have zero doubt he'll do whatever it takes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've always used the technique of using a cardio machine for only about five to ten minutes to get heart rate up and then hitting weight machines with little to no breaks between sets and this keeps the heart rate up all workout long and burns more body fat than using a cardio machine for 30 minutes. You get the double-bonus without all the wear and tear on knees and feet (I played hockey so lots of lower body and upper body issues) and you save time as well.
Have u ever used a HR monitor while doing it? I’ve done it but my HR doesn’t get high enough to be considered HIIT. But it’s too inconsistent to be zone 2. Any suggestions appreciated.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Not sure it’s cutting total calories it is more what type of calories is he consuming. But these guys now have so many advisors they will be given a regimen daily. Hurleys probably was talking more about any non approved calories at night in his room etc. So as noted it is up to DC. I think it will be easier for him in season because he will miss playing and that should give him the proper motivation.

Reaction Score
Not as true for top athletes. Phelps reportedly burned 10k calories/day. At 7'3" 275#, Donovan likely burns more calories walking to the gym than most people do on a treadmill while he gets there.

IF he needs to lose 20# he should be able to do so by skipping a morning begal and working off the rest on a treadmill (or a suitable alternative).

I have zero doubt he'll do whatever it takes.
Agreed on the athlete aspect, but Phelps burnt that many calories because of the sport. You burn a lot more calories swimming because your body is also working to maintain your core temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom