Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I beat the dead horse all summer along with a couple other posters. Hurley decided to sit on our last scholly rather than seeking out frontcourt big man depth. A limited number of guys were in the portal that were the type of players that would be helpful now, and they were not starters and were going to be deep bench pieces in any major program. We decided to role the dice

Reaction Score
Was a foot tendon preseason too right? Sounds like he re agrivated but didn't do more damage. Hopefully they don't rush him back imo.

Reaction Score
Lol. Outscored Soriano 16-14. Shows how much all of us know.
So I was out, came in with 6 min left. Someone tell me how Samson scored his 16 points. It seems the story of the night is his stepping up, getting 3-4 weeks big pt and becoming a real future force at backup, which bodes well for tourney play.

Reaction Score
So I was out, came in with 6 min left. Someone tell me how Samson scored his 16 points. It seems the story of the night is his stepping up, getting 3-4 weeks big pt and becoming a real future force at backup, which bodes well for tourney play.
Put-back dunks, lobs, 2 free throws, and 2 lane push shots

Also one play where he took like 5 steps and dunked but wasn't called for anything.

Reaction Score
Glad you saw the last 6 minutes. SJ's interception of the lob to Soriano was his best play of the game

Reaction Score
Lol. Outscored Soriano 16-14. Shows how much all of us know.
I couldn’t believe they didn’t feed Soriano every time down. I expected him to give Don a real test, and our others guys just aren’t physical enough. I think they will next time.

Reaction Score
Samson will have an opportunity to grow exponentially in the next 3-4 weeks with DC out. Ball is in his court to deliver. I'm sure the staff will invest time in his growth.

BTW. We'll need 10-15 minutes of productive Singare time if we want to win our fair share of games.
What was your take on Singare? Looked somewhat promising, yes?

Reaction Score
What was your take on Singare? Looked somewhat promising, yes?
Small sample size. Needs to get bigger/stronger.I was encouraged based on needing a Big to give Sam some rest on the bench and/or when in foul trouble. Perfect situation? No. But these are the cards we've been dealt with DC's injury status. Boards/blocks/50-50 balls is what we need from him.

Reaction Score
I beat the dead horse all summer along with a couple other posters. Hurley decided to sit on our last scholly rather than seeking out frontcourt big man depth. A limited number of guys were in the portal that were the type of players that would be helpful now, and they were not starters and were going to be deep bench pieces in any major program. We decided to role the dice
I can’t buy this story.

So, we’ve got DC and then Samson backing him up and now Singare backing Samson up.

What you wanted was a depth big to come in and compete for the backup center position, but then somehow jive with Samson and Singare, keeping both in the system. That would provide the team with four bigs capable of playing minutes.

Not only is that a hindsight is 20/20 thing, but also just so unrealistic. I can’t picture the staff simultaneously keeping the centers they have while attending a veteran big to be the 2nd-4th big.

The DC injury is what it is. It’s real and it’s here. All we can do is know that now Samson has a chance to shine (and he was great last night) and Singare will be forced to play minutes he was never going to get before an injury.

Yeah, it’ll make January tough, but the added experience will help the team in March and in the 2024-25 season.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Not physically ready. Has no offense. But could develop into a lob roll threat with solid defense. Long road ahead... probably on the SJ plan (hopefully sans injury).
He had a tough time on the boards and in offense but did a really nice job battling for defensive position a few times

Reaction Score
Small sample size. Needs to get bigger/stronger.I was encouraged based on needing a Big to give Sam some rest on the bench and/or when in foul trouble. Perfect situation? No. But these are the cards we've been dealt with DC's injury status. Boards/blocks/50-50 balls is what we need from him.
Agreed, my thought after the game was "Great, now go back in the weight room and see me in a month"

Again, promising, but expect baby steps rather than Samsons half court run to dunk;):)

Reaction Score
Singare looks pretty quick and put in a decent effort, I liked it better than the small ball rotation.
Depends on match ups.

Against big front courts will need Singare. But as someone mentioned in another thread, I love the idea of Newton, Spencer, Ball/Diarra, Castle, AK for 2-3 minute stretches when Johnson needs a break.

Reaction Score
In hindsight that last scholly would Have been more valuable adding a 4 to spell Alex. s
Singare looks pretty quick and put in a decent effort, I liked it better than the small ball rotation.
I think in small doses Singare is an ok option but extended minutes would definitely expose him especially against the bigs in our league.

Reaction Score
I can’t buy this story.

So, we’ve got DC and then Samson backing him up and now Singare backing Samson up.

What you wanted was a depth big to come in and compete for the backup center position, but then somehow jive with Samson and Singare, keeping both in the system. That would provide the team with four bigs capable of playing minutes.

Not only is that a hindsight is 20/20 thing, but also just so unrealistic. I can’t picture the staff simultaneously keeping the centers they have while attending a veteran big to be the 2nd-4th big.

The DC injury is what it is. It’s real and it’s here. All we can do is know that now Samson has a chance to shine (and he was great last night) and Singare will be forced to play minutes he was never going to get before an injury.

Yeah, it’ll make January tough, but the added experience will help the team in March and in the 2024-25 season.
I thought Samson was brought in as a 4. He was starting there at the beginning of last year before he was injured. I’m sure some people expected him to be able to still play there rather than strictly at the 5. I’m just concerned that he’s not beefy enough to hold down the 5 against some guys.

Reaction Score
I thought Samson was brought in as a 4. He was starting there at the beginning of last year before he was injured. I’m sure some people expected him to be able to still play there rather than strictly at the 5.
Actually yes that's probably true, but that was before Hurley's philosophy shifted to more offensive skill and less tough defense only.
In this system the 4 needs to be able to dribble/pass/shoot to keep the floor spaced. Samson just doesn't have that in him right now.
He was probably recruited to play the Whaley role, but that role doesn't exist anymore.

Reaction Score
I thought Samson was brought in as a 4. He was starting there at the beginning of last year before he was injured. I’m sure some people expected him to be able to still play there rather than strictly at the 5. I’m just concerned that he’s not beefy enough to hold down the 5 against some guys.
Are you talking about Johnson or Singare? Because Samson went toe to toe with one of the biggest, strongest center in our league last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom