Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I blame the sneakers for most of this season’s injuries

When they got that Kobe deal I knew there would be problems. Kobe’s, and mostly every other current basketball shoe, are made below the ankle and are not protective. Clingan needs an old pair of Hyperdunks. Problem solved.
Went looking with grandsons for new sneakers for hoops, and they basically said the only hightops are for fashion.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We don't - but he obviously hasn't looked like himself all season and has been grimacing at points during multiple games.

There's likely not a definitive answer a doctor could give to say yes this 7' 2" giant has 0% chance of reinjury - so they probably thought reinjury was unlikely and/or leaving himself to other injuries playing compromised. That of course turned out to not be the case.
Medicine is not an absolute science. The doctors are taking their best guess from the feedback they are getting from the scans and the feedback they are getting from the player. Plus again you have to consider we are talking the feet of a an exceptionally big man. There is enough history on the topic anyone can do the research.

Reaction Score

When they got that Kobe deal I knew there would be problems. Kobe’s, and mostly every other current basketball shoe, are made below the ankle and are not protective. Clingan needs an old pair of Hyperdunks. Problem solved.
The shoes he was wearing when he got hurt on Wednesday are the Giannis Freak 5s, not Kobes.

Reaction Score

“Blame the sneakers”? What did Bill Russell and the Celtics wear during their remarkable run? Low-cut canvas Converse All-Stars.

I wonder, did they have their ankles taped?

Reaction Score
Sucks that DC has this foot situation going on. Pitino and the other BE coaches are not worried about Danny's bad fortune. They want to bury us this year.

We've heard about the freshmen . PT is there for the taking. Let's see what they've got when combined with our Championship returnees.

Big Boy time.

Reaction Score
Sucks that DC has this foot situation going on. Pitino and the other BE coaches are not worried about Danny's bad fortune. They want to bury us this year.

We've heard about the freshmen . PT is there for the taking. Let's see what they've got when combined with our Championship returnees.

Big Boy time.
Man we have enough. No one should be feeling bad for us. Samson Johnson is a hell of a back up plan.

Reaction Score

Big Boy time.
This is a good thing for the long run. Really is, if you consider the fact that freshman will get more run and make strides for March and onward

Reaction Score
This is a good thing for the long run. Really is, if you consider the fact that freshman will get more run and make strides for March and onward
Don't disagree. I'm sure it wasn't part of Danny's script/timing for the team (DC's injury) But here we are . Freshmen were alphas in HS. Man in the mirror time.

Reaction Score
Man we have enough. No one should be feeling bad for us. Samson Johnson is a hell of a back up plan.

He has a lot to prove. Performance since Texas has been pretty awful. Well below average for a Big East 5.

I expect we'll mix up the playbook, he'll get in the film room and have a solid run the next month without DC.

Reaction Score
I agree.

Also, super curious how our 5 spot will build out.

Personally, I’d expect Samson to get close to Clingan starting minutes, Singare to soak up most backup minutes, but then some 5-out small ball opportunities as well.

The DePaul game is a heck of an opportunity for the 5s to get lots of fun against inferior bigs.

Reaction Score
The Huskies should be playing much more zone tonight against St. John’s - if not, Samson will get destroyed by Soriano.

Reaction Score
Samson will have an opportunity to grow exponentially in the next 3-4 weeks with DC out. Ball is in his court to deliver. I'm sure the staff will invest time in his growth.

BTW. We'll need 10-15 minutes of productive Singare time if we want to win our fair share of games.

Reaction Score
The Huskies should be playing much more zone tonight against St. John’s - if not, Samson will get destroyed by Soriano.

Doesn't necessarily need to be a zone, but we do need to defend differently. We could stay man but aggressively pack and double Soriano.

Reaction Score
I agree.

Also, super curious how our 5 spot will build out.

Personally, I’d expect Samson to get close to Clingan starting minutes, Singare to soak up most backup minutes, but then some 5-out small ball opportunities as well.

The DePaul game is a heck of an opportunity for the 5s to get lots of fun against inferior bigs.
For the sake of confidence? Sort of a cupcake thing? I don't know, but maybe going against good comp at the 5 might speed the process(one way or the other).

Reaction Score
Have to find a way to win games as that is all that matters. Who is the physical player on UConn with Donovan out? We are not winning BE games with finesse only players. Many questions will be answered tonight.

Reaction Score
Without a ton of time to adjust to DC's absence(game-planning for SJU without DC). Half court game vs Soriano camping in the paint is not a great script for Samson. Gotta keep them off the Offensive boards so that we can get out and run.. Beat Soriano down the floor.

Or.. Make a few more threes in our motion offense.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Medicine is not an absolute science. The doctors are taking their best guess from the feedback they are getting from the scans and the feedback they are getting from the player. Plus again you have to consider we are talking the feet of a an exceptionally big man. There is enough history on the topic anyone can do the research.

That's my exact point. It's not an exact science.

I'm just a message board idiot who doesn't have all the information - but from my limited vantage point he was in pain throughout multiple games this season after recovering from the foot injury. It never made much sense to me that we kept throwing him out there, particularly against the dregs of division 1 basketball.

Doctors may have said the risk or reinjury wasn't high enough for them to not clear him, but didn't necessarily mean it was a certainty.

It didn't work out, it sucks, but we'll deal with it.

Reaction Score
The good news is our schedule isn’t overly difficult for the next 3 weeks until Creighton. My bet is he comes back for that game on 1/17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom