Updated Roster chart | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated Roster chart

Reaction Score
Spring update - as usual I had to make some guesses here on the depth chart. I do think Beaudry wins the starting QB job, but I wont note him as doing so until he arrives on campus.

Im gonna disagree with you on the QB spot

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looks like post#2 has automatically updated itself to link to my new roster schedule. So see post #2 of this thread if you care to take a gander.

Reaction Score
Also, let me get this right, we think an injured D2 QB is the FAVORITE to be our QB? What does that say about the 2 guys that have spent 2 years in the program?

- Beaudry isn't just any D2 QB, he was one of the very best passing QB's at that level. Someone who can read a defense, go through a progression and throw a receiver open.

- Injuries heal.

- Washington will have two years of practice time, Krajewski just one.

- Nobody knows who the QB will be, It's just fun speculation. The best man will win the job and quickly lose it if he doesn't perform.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Edsall rarely has brought in a juco quarterback for depth. Mostly he does it when he is concerned about the guy he has.

Reaction Score
Edsall rarely has brought in a juco quarterback for depth. Mostly he does it when he is concerned about the guy he has.
I realize Beaudy isn’t exactly a juco but similar concept. When Edsall brings in a quarterback it usually means he will be the quarterback.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Sorry to have missed the Docs. Thanks for the effort!
BTW- Saw this article and it raised questions
La. Tech Bulldogs reach halfway point of Spring practices | Minden Press-Herald
UConn NG Kevin Murphy is contributing as a grad transfer at La Tech.
Why did Edsall walk this guy as a senior last fall? Are we overstocked with experienced D Linemen?
Does the exit of Beavers, Terry, Murphy, Tarbutt and Davis not raise questions?
We will be forever inexperienced with this type of attrition.
Also, let me get this right, we think an injured D2 QB is the FAVORITE to be our QB? What does that say about the 2 guys that have spent 2 years in the program?

Not sure what happened with Murphy.

Kids leave programs all the time. Beavers had family issues. Tarbutt and Davis took advantage as 5th year seniors. Terry not a big loss to me. This is nothing new to UConn.

When not hurt- Beaudry was really good. He might not win the job day 1, but as long as we "matriculate down the field", I don't care who the QB is.

Reaction Score
I looked at his highlight real and he looked good. Not a runner but can run and he was accurate throwing on the run. Assuming he is healthy I think he is s terrific addition. Now if he could just play corner too...

Reaction Score
Not sure what happened with Murphy.

Kids leave programs all the time. Beavers had family issues. Tarbutt and Davis took advantage as 5th year seniors. Terry not a big loss to me. This is nothing new to UConn.

When not hurt- Beaudry was really good. He might not win the job day 1, but as long as we "matriculate down the field", I don't care who the QB is.

NO. this is new. All programs have guys that NEVER play (Morgan-ND) that transfer DOWN to swim the shallow end of the pool. We've lost guys UP. We have NO TEs, but our playmaker (Tyler Davis) bolts. STARTERS bolt. You can tell me how horrrible they were, but they were LESS horrible then the dudes playing behind them. I get Beavers going home. We will get to see if he is less horrible at Cincy. Terry played multiple positions and handled himself with class. They gave their best for UConn but were compelled to leave. My point is you cant have it both ways. You cant lose upper classmen with eligibility and then complain about being perpetually young.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Lets face it - certain (but not all) Diaco guys didn't buy in and thats that.

I think losing Davis at TE was significant, but unfortunately I don't think any of the other early departures were that meaningful. And as great of a receiver Davis was for UConn (and he was pretty darn good), he certainly never got better at blocking and false start penalties, which did contribute to the offensive struggles at times.

Reaction Score
Lets face it - certain (but not all) Diaco guys didn't buy in and thats that.

I think losing Davis at TE was significant, but unfortunately I don't think any of the other early departures were that meaningful. And as great of a receiver Davis was for UConn (and he was pretty darn good), he certainly never got better at blocking and false start penalties, which did contribute to the offensive struggles at times.

Net, net we seem to have added more than subtracted in the transfer department. The QB, WR and RB coming in all look very promising, as does the transfer lineman from Columbia and the JUCO LB plus today's ND transfer and hopefully more to come.

Reaction Score

The only difference here is that it seems clear that HCRE was underwhelmed with the kids he inherited and made them well aware of that fact. A few took the message to heart and upped their game; the rest left quickly or, over time, tired of feeling as if they were 2d class citizens on the team. With HCRE going nowhere, he has time to mold the team in his image. When HIS guys who are contributing start leaving, then we'd have a red flag. Right now, I see this as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The only folks who can't complain about the attrition are those who railed for years that Bobby D was recruiting a 1-AA team made up of RKGs

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
NO. this is new. All programs have guys that NEVER play (Morgan-ND) that transfer DOWN to swim the shallow end of the pool. We've lost guys UP. We have NO TEs, but our playmaker (Tyler Davis) bolts. STARTERS bolt. You can tell me how horrrible they were, but they were LESS horrible then the dudes playing behind them. I get Beavers going home. We will get to see if he is less horrible at Cincy. Terry played multiple positions and handled himself with class. They gave their best for UConn but were compelled to leave. My point is you cant have it both ways. You cant lose upper classmen with eligibility and then complain about being perpetually young.

Grad transfers usually go up in class if they are wanted. We took Ardell Brown from Div 2, Art Thompkins from Akron, Hinton from Columbia. . If a kid gets his degree and has a chance to play in a Power 5 conference for his last year, he should take it as part of the experience.

Look at men's basketball where this is even more prevalent - guys leave schools to go UP. UConn took guys from Cornell, Fordham and Duquesne. Right now, a starter from South Dakota St who averaged 19 ppg is looking to transfer up.

Bottom line, the new normal is kids wanting more playing time or wanting to be part of an experience for his last year or two. So you get a Ryan Fines from Miami or Dj from Notre Dame but you get the other way just as much.

Reaction Score
If you watched Edsall none of this should surprise. When he came to UConn he basically dumped a quarterback who had won several key games and was the heir apparent had Holtz stayed. When he went to Maryland he basically lost his whole team. There are different approaches to rebuilding but given the D1aa level talent here when he arrived this isn’t a big deal. As far as Davis goes I liked the kid and thought he was a decent TE but hardly irreplaceable.

Reaction Score
Brian Hoffmann? He played the 99 season though.

Ryan Tracey ghosted Edsall before 01 season and led to Orlovsky playing as a true freshman after the Keron Henry experiment.
Not Tracey, he just abandoned ship or went AWOL pre-‘01 season with limited to no communication. Ghosted as you suggest, so maybe Hoffman after one season with HCRE1.0. @freescooter ?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not Tracey, he just abandoned ship or went AWOL pre-‘01 season with limited to no communication. Ghosted as you suggest, so maybe Hoffman after one season with HCRE1.0. @freescooter ?

I think he’s conflating the two guys.

Hoffmann played in 98 when Stafford got hurt and played under Edsall until his eligibility ran out.

It was a long time ago but the game @UMass is the best UConn football game I’ve been too.

I helped tear down the goal posts when NC State beat #1 FSU and Chris Weinke after sitting in the front row so it’s only second best.

The UConn win in Storrs in 98 over UMass is probably in the top five UConn games too. Ridiculous wins both of them.

Reaction Score
If you watched Edsall none of this should surprise. When he came to UConn he basically dumped a quarterback who had won several key games and was the heir apparent had Holtz stayed..
Brian Hoffmann? He played the 99 season though.
Ryan Tracey ghosted Edsall before 01 season and led to Orlovsky playing as a true freshman after the Keron Henry experiment.
I think he’s conflating the two guys. Hoffmann played in 98 when Stafford got hurt and played under Edsall until his eligibility ran out.

Hoffman played 9 games in 1999 (Edsall's first season) but didn't come back for his 5th year because Ryan Tracey was destined for QB1 in 2000 after transferring in as a JUCO and Luke Richmond was moved to QB2 as a result. Tracey bolted pre-season 2001 because he thought his knee wasn't going to hold up...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hoffman played 9 games in 1999 (Edsall's first season) but didn't come back for his 5th year because Ryan Tracey was destined for QB1 in 2000 after transferring in as a JUCO and Luke Richmond was moved to QB2 as a result. Tracey bolted pre-season 2001 because he thought his knee wasn't going to hold up...

Good memory. Hoffmann was a bit of a disappointment in 99.

Luke Richmond...

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many QB’s have bailed out on CRE since he’s been here? With yet another grad transfer coming in (for 2 years) do we stand a chance of losing MW or Steven Krajewski?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many QB’s have bailed out on CRE since he’s been here? With yet another grad transfer coming in (for 2 years) do we stand a chance of losing MW or Steven Krajewski?

Is there a team or coach in the country that doesn't see turnover at the QB position? Every QB thinks they should start and there is only one spot available hence the musical chairs.

Historically I think HCRE has done a fine job managing the QB position, much better than PP or Diaco who were terrible at it. (Box, Nebrich and Lagow got out of PP Dodge, Boyle never redshirt when it was obviously needed and Shirreffs benched by Diaco),

I can't think of any QB that left UCONN due to lack of playing time from Edsall and was successful elsewhere, so I would say Edsall has done an overall great job managing his QB's at UCONN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
DL Michael Hinton has decided to go to Tulane for his grad year instead...

>>After last season, defensive lineman Michael Hinton, who graduated from Columbia, committed to play at UConn as a grad student and signed a financial aid agreement, binding for the school, but not the player.
Last week, Hinton changed course and decided to play at Tulane, another AAC school, and Edsall believes he will not be able to use the scholarship on another player, because Hinton had signed a financial agreement at UConn.<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Time to make a trophy for the Tulane game.

The Wally Lamb/John Grisholm Trophy goes to the loser of the game. The winner gets an extra selection in Oprah’s book club.

Reaction Score
Another swing and miss on grad transfer for edsall. Maybe we can bring in the next Ryan Fines from Miami next

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom