Updated Roster chart | The Boneyard

Updated Roster chart

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I always have trouble with the Google docs file sharing and this website. If the link doesn't work today, I will keep trying. There seemingly is no explanation as to when it works and doesn't.

So below is a link to my updated Roster.

Notes:
i) I have optimistically assumed that Cam Ross and Rian Haigler have signed on the quiet.
ii) I have not scrubbed it for an accurate list of the current Walk-ons. What I show for WO is what I saw on the public roster.
iii) I think we need to get to an incoming class of 25 to plug all our holes as best as possible. We have room to add 22 as it stands today. Getting to 25 would require 3 kids to exit early (either in January or in May) or else Randy would have to defer 3.
iv) I thought the staff would take 3 OL this class, but with the recent offers to Jeff Woods and Will Rogers suggests that are looking for a fourth. Now maybe they are thinking Woods could start out as an OT/TE combo and/or Will Rogers as a DT/OG/OT combo during year one until the roster situation further evolves.

I took a stab a depth chart for 2019. Obviously my chart is full of guesstimates about positions and priorities. I acknowledge reality is likely to be very different.

Let me know your thoughts.

Priority List for the remaining slots:
1) JUCO TE - got no good names here
2) WR#2 - Raykwon Anderson or Zahkari Franklin or Ardell Brown (grad) or Joshua Youngblood?
3) JUCO DL - got no good names here
4) JUCO LB - got no good names here
5) WR#3 - Raykwon Anderson or Zahkari Franklin or Ardell Brown (grad) or Joshua Youngblood?
6) QB - JUCO or HS? Marzotti?
7) OT/OG - Jeff Woods or Wyatt Hummel or Will Rogers?
8) DL - Darkwa?/TBD?
9) TE#3 - got no good names unless they are thinking Marzotti
10) RB - Juwon Jackson or Rashul Faison or tbd <--these guys are fast, they really should be a help to this roster if room could be made. Sliding Zavier Scott to a slot WR would make some sense.

Visits on deck for January
-Jeff Woods
-Dominic Marzotti
-Will Rogers (maybe?)
-Joshua Youngblood (maybe?)
-Zahkari Franklin (maybe?)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you think we can get a kid from California?? I doubt he'll play in a AAC, not unless we can get a home and home with USC... :)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do you think we can get a kid from California?? I doubt he'll play in a AAC, not unless we can get a home and home with USC... :)
It’s an uphill battle and that is being kind. It interesting how enthusiastic he is about UConn’s offer however per the story on TOS... so....

Reaction Score
Niedrowski is playing tackle not guard. At least at the moment. Will be interesting to see the 2 deep as the season progresses.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So I am spending some time this evening looking for more DL and TE help only to find so many good looking under recruited HS prospects and JUCOs committed this past week.

Okay found something: staff started paying some attention to this kid Parker Thomas. His future with Temple seemed to stall when Geoff Collins left.

Has some speed for his size. Probably a DE, but TE would work well too.

Palm_Treez (@hbparkerthomas) on Twitter

OwlScoop.com - Class of 2019 defensive end Parker Thomas recaps official visit to Temple

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I am spending some time this evening looking for more DL and TE help only to find so many good looking under recruited HS prospects and JUCOs committed this past week.

Okay found something: staff started paying some attention to this kid Parker Thomas. His future with Temple seemed to stall when Geoff Collins left.

Has some speed for his size. Probably a DE, but TE would work well too.

Palm_Treez (@hbparkerthomas) on Twitter

OwlScoop.com - Class of 2019 defensive end Parker Thomas recaps official visit to Temple

Thanks for all the hard work and time you put into all this! Much appreciated exit 4!!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well, we are following a bunch of DL/DE juco guys in CA. Difficult to say which of the few is a serious candidate.

Continue to notice the staff isn’t looking at any MLBs.

Reaction Score
Well, we are following a bunch of DL/DE juco guys in CA. Difficult to say which of the few is a serious candidate.

Continue to notice the staff isn’t looking at any MLBs.
Getting a good DL or RB from California or even Hawaii would be cool, but imagine if we had a roster right now with AJ Dillon, Taison Phommachanh, David Summers, Ben Mason, Zach Allen, Tyler Rudolph, Malachi Burby, etc. The point I'm making is recruiting in state needs to go up several notches for UConn football. I think it can if we can manage to win some games next year and if John Dunn, Edsall, and Lyndon Johnson can sell UConn (the school and program). Just getting one or two of these kids would be huge for us.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Getting a good DL or RB from California or even Hawaii would be cool, but imagine if we had a roster right now with AJ Dillon, Taison Phommachanh, David Summers, Ben Mason, Zach Allen, Tyler Rudolph, Malachi Burby, etc. The point I'm making is recruiting in state needs to go up several notches for UConn football. I think it can if we can manage to win some games next year and if John Dunn, Edsall, and Lyndon Johnson can sell UConn (the school and program). Just getting one or two of these kids would be huge for us.

I've always felt that UConn will have to win more instate recruiting battles to push beyond being a 6 win team. Got to get 3-5 of the top 15 instate kids. Maybe that can start next year if this team of youth can show us something.

FWIW I heard we were pretty close on Tyler Rudolph...but close doesnt get it done.

Reaction Score
You know something about a DC hire the rest of us don’t? If LJ is having any success recruiting CT those kids will be on the field for Towson St.

Reaction Score
You know something about a DC hire the rest of us don’t? If LJ is having any success recruiting CT those kids will be on the field for Towson St.
Not if he was the lead recruiter and the rumor I heard is true.

Reaction Score
With the success of our basketball programs and other sports, we can sell football to kids in New England and the tri-state area. We just need to win.

We are considered big time now. Can stop imagining we are still in the Yankee Conference.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
FWIW I heard we were pretty close on Tyler Rudolph...but close doesnt get it done.

Hasn't Tyler already signed for Penn State???

If not and we're actually in on him, that would be huge. He's rated as the 20th best CB in the country as a 4-star prospect. He would literally play on the field from day 1...

EDIT: sorry, I didn't fully catch the "were" in your sentence. He's definitely going to PSU. If we were to land 6 or 7 of the top 10 CT kids every year, we would absolutely turn the program around...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Niedrowski is playing tackle not guard. At least at the moment. Will be interesting to see the 2 deep as the season progresses.
We seem to have more OTs than OGs, so for now I am leaving it as is and wait to here what unfolds this spring.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is a thread bump. My roster chart has been updated for McAfee. The link in post #2 is current.

That is a labour of love. Bleak doesn’t even describe where that roster is right now.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Spring update - as usual I had to make some guesses here on the depth chart. I do think Beaudry wins the starting QB job, but I wont note him as doing so until he arrives on campus.

Reaction Score
Spring update - as usual I had to make some guesses here on the depth chart. I do think Beaudry wins the starting QB job, but I wont note him as doing so until he arrives on campus.

Sorry to have missed the Docs. Thanks for the effort!
BTW- Saw this article and it raised questions
La. Tech Bulldogs reach halfway point of Spring practices | Minden Press-Herald
UConn NG Kevin Murphy is contributing as a grad transfer at La Tech.
Why did Edsall walk this guy as a senior last fall? Are we overstocked with experienced D Linemen?
Does the exit of Beavers, Terry, Murphy, Tarbutt and Davis not raise questions?
We will be forever inexperienced with this type of attrition.
Also, let me get this right, we think an injured D2 QB is the FAVORITE to be our QB? What does that say about the 2 guys that have spent 2 years in the program?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom