Updated roster - 4/6/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated roster - 4/6/21

Reaction Score
Have been reading about South Carolina’s impressive number of McDonald’s AA on next years team. I count 9 on UConn’s team next year. That excludes Muhl and Edwards. That’s not too bad.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I believe that all players on this year's roster have an option of a fifth year of eligibility. How to represent that?
Why not just have another color for Senior+ ?

Reaction Score
Thanks for providing that information Sluconn. I hope all the members of the Boneyard will stop using ESPN as the default most quoted rating. The media, fans and the people here all do the same thing, referring to a player as the number whatever recruit "according to ESPN" as if that is the only source worth mentioning. The three you reference are all way superior to ESPN's recruiting coverage and ratings.

Centerstrea asked are there other "reputable' rating services. I take exception to assuming ESPN is a reputable rating service. They are at best a distant fourth to the above three, but by far the most quoted because of ESPN's reach and fame. There are probably a thousand things more important to ESPN than their women's recruiting coverage, and it shows. As an example they still do not show Ayanna Patterson as committed to Uconn as of this morning, and for well over a year they showed Carolyn Ducharme as 5-10 not 6-2.

It won't happen, but the only way ESPN would be forced to approach competency in this area would be if the public stopped quoting ESPN's ratings for women's recruits. Their brand and reach is allowing the worst product to become the default source, which is sad.
It also appears that ESPN tries and usually succeeds in skewing the 64 team field for seedings in the women's basketball tournament. It was blatantly obvious this year when they were pushing for Stanford to be the number 1 overall seed, and will use the two one point victories to show they were "right" all along, regardless of how the officiating was center stage instead of the basketball played by the two teams....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom