Updated Resume (2/24) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated Resume (2/24)

Reaction Score
Today's Bubble Rooting Interest:

5 PM:
  • Root for Davidson over St. Bonaventure - ESPN+

7 PM:
  • Root for North Carolina over Marquette so they stay away from the bubble - ESPN2.
  • Root for Seton Hall over Butler. Pads our rest of season SOS and makes a win over Seton Hall even better - CBSSN.

8 PM:
  • Root for Rutgers over Indiana - Big Ten Network.
It seems some of the teams that played poorly during the season have sprung to life recently. I get your point: All of a sudden, The Bubble is getting crowded.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t we want Marquette to beat unc? Keeps unc off bubble and boosts up our Marquette win. And wouldn’t we want seton hall to lose so we can get closer to that 3 seed?
Could be right: no clear answer, IMO.

I guess the ideal situation is have Marquette beat UNC and then have UNC win all remaining game against non-bubble teams. I just don't want UNC back on the bubble.

Morally, I'd hate rooting against Marquette playing UNC, so I'll change my tune on that.

Reaction Score
At this point I would take a 7/10 seed in the NCAA tourney. We would avoid the 1 seed in that case.. No 2 seed wants to play us.

Reaction Score
I was going to say the same thing about Marquette. Wouldn’t that be a good win for the league?
Could be right: no clear answer, IMO.

I guess the ideal situation is have Marquette beat UNC and then have UNC win all remaining game against non-bubble teams. I just don't want UNC back on the bubble.

Morally, I'd hate rooting against Marquette playing UNC, so I'll change my tune on that.

NO, You seem to have a bad take on how the bubble works. A bubble team getting hot DOES NOT increase the odds of other bubble teams getting into the tournament by taking the hot team — in this case UNC — off the bubble and into the Tourney. UNC getting hot REDUCES THE NUMBER OF BUBBLE SPOTS BY 1, making it harder for every other bubble team to get in. Plus, A Marquette win helps the computer numbers of all Big East teams who played or will play them.

Math much?

Reaction Score
NO, You seem to have a bad take on how the bubble works. A bubble team getting hot DOES NOT increase the odds of other bubble teams getting into the tournament by taking the hot team — in this case UNC — off the bubble and into the Tourney. UNC getting hot REDUCES THE NUMBER OF BUBBLE SPOTS BY 1, making it harder for every other bubble team to get in. Plus, A Marquette win helps the computer numbers of all Big East teams who played or will play them.

Math much?
ok

Reaction Score

Math much?
But if you're picking between two bubble teams, one solidly in and one behind us, you'd rather the one that is solidly in wins than the one behind us, as the behind winning increases the odds that both of them make it over us. Marquette is technically behind us, but I don't think they're actually on the bubble. They'd have to win out and win a couple games in the BET. And we play head to head, so we can knock them off at home. So I agree we'd root for them here over UNC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just win out, we should be fine. Beat Seton Hall and we are definitely in.

Can't afford to lose to Marquette this weekend or GTown.

In Hurley we trust
I think people are underestimating Marquette. They’ve lost a lot of close games. They can beat this UConn team. Garcia torched us once and probably will again as every tall player with an ounce of skill has all season long. One game at a time.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t we want Marquette to beat unc? Keeps unc off bubble and boosts up our Marquette win.
UNC is a 9 seed In Lunardi’s so they really aren’t a bubble team. Don’t really care who wins that.

Reaction Score

Math much?
The tone some people take to other posters is pretty unnecessary. I make mistakes & say some iffy things at times but I try to be respectful to others when I disagree or point out a mistake.

I could be misreading your tone just how it comes off....we're all on the same team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
KenPom. Stayed at 35.
BPI. Stayed at 31.
Jumped 9 spots in the NET from 55 to 46.

Lundari has us the 2nd to last team in now I believe. Haven't looked at other guys.

HAVE to beat Marquette and GTown at home. Would be resume killers to lose to those teams at home.

Win @ Seton Hall, and I think we are playing for seeding in the NCAAs in the BET. If we beat Seton Hall, I could see us actually being the 3 seed. Lose to them, and we will be in that 4/5 game most likely against Xavier. We could use a win in that situation.

Sitting here at 11-6, I think we need 3 wins (including a Seton Hall/Xavier type win) to feel comfortable on Selection Sunday. 11 wins in the Big East in a shortened season gets you in.

Edit: Everyone has Seton Hall and Xavier ahead of us in most brackets. And I know Seton Hall beat us on the road (without Bouknight). But we beat Xavier on the road without him, and I will now point out we are ahead of both in KenPom, BPI, and NET.

Andy Katz has us as an 11-seed playing Arkansas

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Al Davis Nfl GIF by Las Vegas Raiders

Just win baby!

Reaction Score
Andy Katz has us as an 11-seed playing Arkansas

That'd be a heck of a fun game. The 29th fastest team against us slow pokes: plus Vance Jackson!

In March, I've noticed way more half-court offense than in the regular season. With that in mind, I like UConn in that matchup.

Reaction Score
But if you're picking between two bubble teams, one solidly in and one behind us, you'd rather the one that is solidly in wins than the one behind us, as the behind winning increases the odds that both of them make it over us. Marquette is technically behind us, but I don't think they're actually on the bubble. They'd have to win out and win a couple games in the BET. And we play head to head, so we can knock them off at home. So I agree we'd root for them here over UNC.

Marquette is nowhere near any bubble, unless it's for the NIT.

Reaction Score
The tone some people take to other posters is pretty unnecessary. I make mistakes & say some dumb things after tough loses at times but I try to respectful to others when I disagree or point out a mistake.

I could be misreading your tone just how it comes off....we're all on the same team.

You can safely sleep at night. You are not misreading my tone. I was being snarky. That is how I react to people murdering logic. You are welcome to think I shouldn't, and I will fully concede that yours is a perfectly reasonable opinion. People can have different opinions. But what I was being snarky about wasn't an opinion -- it was just wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't tell you how much I'd like to beat Vance Jackson

You can safely sleep at night. You are not misreading my tone. I was being snarky. That is how I react to people murdering logic. You are welcome to think I shouldn't, and I will fully concede that yours is a perfectly reasonable opinion. People can have different opinions. But what I was being snarky about wasn't an opinion -- it was just wrong.

name checks out

Reaction Score

Math much?
First off I don’t know why you have to have such a grumpy post, all I said was wouldn’t it be good for our league if Marquette wins, and then you agreed so I’m not sure why you are so fired up.

Reaction Score
First off I don’t know why you have to have such a grumpy post, all I said was wouldn’t it be good for our league if Marquette wins, and then you agreed so I’m not sure why you are so fired up.

It would be good for us, and any other Big East teams, if Marquette DOES win.

Reaction Score
The difference with and without Bouknight gives us a little cushion in terms of making the field, but if a team was ever going to be punished with crappy seeding, it is this year's UConn team. Fresh out of the AAC and the NCAA just generally hates us to begin with. A 10 or 11 seed is in UConn's future if the Huskies don't beat Georgetown and Marquette, and pick up 1 or 2 additional quality wins.
You get the feeling that if we're anywhere in the vicinity, the NCAA will stick us in the First Four to buff the profile of those games.

Reaction Score
It’s wild to me that we’re even considered a “bubble” team at this point. If you look at the resumes of all these other teams around us being discussed they are not very rosy. I know I have blue colored glasses, but in my mind where we sit should be as a 7-9 seed and at this point we’re playing for seeding. I do believe if we go 3-0 and get to the BET final we should be no worse than a 6 seed. You also have to realize that a conference like the Big 10 can’t have 5 or 6 teams do well in the Big 10 tournament, so that will hurt teams like Indiana. I think ultimately we end up as a 6 or 7 seed.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I dunno, man. People are living a lot longer these days.
Lol. I think. Thinking of them dunking (Jamison or Vince carter?) in the last two minutes of that game still gets my blood up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom