Updated Resume (2/24) | The Boneyard

Updated Resume (2/24)

Reaction Score
KenPom. Stayed at 35.
BPI. Stayed at 31.
Jumped 9 spots in the NET from 55 to 46.

Lundari has us the 2nd to last team in now I believe. Haven't looked at other guys.

HAVE to beat Marquette and GTown at home. Would be resume killers to lose to those teams at home.

Win @ Seton Hall, and I think we are playing for seeding in the NCAAs in the BET. If we beat Seton Hall, I could see us actually being the 3 seed. Lose to them, and we will be in that 4/5 game most likely against Xavier. We could use a win in that situation.

Sitting here at 11-6, I think we need 3 wins (including a Seton Hall/Xavier type win) to feel comfortable on Selection Sunday. 11 wins in the Big East in a shortened season gets you in.

Edit: Everyone has Seton Hall and Xavier ahead of us in most brackets. And I know Seton Hall beat us on the road (without Bouknight). But we beat Xavier on the road without him, and I will now point out we are ahead of both in KenPom, BPI, and NET.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
KenPom. Stayed at 35.
BPI. Stayed at 31.

Lundari has us the 2nd to last team in now I believe. Haven't looked at other guys.

HAVE to beat Marquette and GTown at home. Would be resume killers to lose to those teams at home.

Win @ Seton Hall, and I think we are playing for seeding in the NCAAs in the BET. If we beat Seton Hall, I could see us actually being the 3 seed. Lose to them, and we will be in that 4/5 game most likely against Xavier. We could use a win in that situation.

Sitting here at 11-6, I think we need 3 wins (including a Seton Hall/Xavier type win) to feel comfortable on Selection Sunday. 11 wins in the Big East in a shortened season gets you in.
I was trying to crystal ball the BET Bracket as well last night. Getting the 3 seed and the 6/11 matchup and Creighton is a lot better for us IMO than the 4/5. Seton Hall has to play at SJU in addition to us. That's definitely a game they could drop.

Edit: If we beat SH and win out even if they do we will jump them in the standings by win pct.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
KenPom. Stayed at 35.
BPI. Stayed at 31.

Edit: Everyone has Seton Hall and Xavier ahead of us in most brackets. And I know Seton Hall beat us on the road (without Bouknight). But we beat Xavier on the road without him, and I will now point out we are ahead of both in KenPom, BPI, and NET.

Nailed it. Three more wins and I’m not worried. If that doesn’t get us in, we just were screwed in a weird season that will make the selection committee’s job more difficult. (Imagine in the abstract a team going at least 3 games over .500 in the Big East, being undefeated in OOC play with a neutral court win over a top 20 team and not getting in — would never happen.). Beat both Seton Hall and X in the tourney and the Committee has to worry about not giving us a poor seed where a good time gets a nasty surprise. But only go 2-2 down the stretch, I think we should be in because of the stretch without Bouknight, but selection Sunday will be terrifying.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was trying to crystal ball the BET Bracket as well last night. Getting the 3 seed and the 6/11 matchup and Creighton is a lot better for us IMO than the 4/5. Seton Hall has to play at SJU in addition to us. That's definitely a game they could drop.

Edit: If we beat SH and win out even if they do we will jump them in the standings by win pct.
I thought so (in regards to Seton Hall). Yeah I like the 3 seed as well. Would most likely face St. John's as the 6, assuming they can beat DePaul, which they couldn't do at home. St. John's style would be interesting with Jackson and Bouknight playing. We could certainly attack them, and them playing on back to back nights they way they play could hurt them.

Creighton/UConn on a Friday night in the Garden would be fun.

Reaction Score
I used to think national championship every year and the Big East tourney wasn’t as important to me as others in terms of winning. Now, I really want to win it. It would send such a message to the conference that we are back.

Reaction Score
KenPom. Stayed at 35.
BPI. Stayed at 31.

Think we run the table going into BET.. Grab a W or two in BET. Easily see us in semifinal game .

If we have some favorable match ups and play to our A game potential--Could be a fun postseason despite the flaws that are pointed out on the BY on a daily basis.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We control our own destiny, I love it.

In a “normal” season here is what we would be looking at... we missed 3 BE games vs Nova, St John’s and Xavier. At worst we would be 1-2 in those games, likely 2-1, possibly 3-0. Including those, we would also have another 8 win in OOC play potentially 1 OOC loss.

That means we most likely are sitting here with a 21-7 record. That would probably have us in the 25 right now under normal conditions. Win out and our adjusted record is 24-7 with wins @hall, @xavier, vs usc, @marquette, @butler, @depaul (plus 2 potential of H nova, H Xavier or @ St. John’s and another good OOC win) and no bad losses? Would be looking at a top 6 seed IMO. The committee isn’t looking at it like this, but as fans we need to realize we are definitely better than a bubble team in a normal year.

Reaction Score
A Marquette blogger who is very very attuned to the selection committee and in general has done a great job the last few years in predicting the field has a new BE update out. It has each team from the league on it and he sees UCONN at 3 wins away from a lock.

Connecticut Huskies, 10-5 (7-5)

It's worth noting this team is 6-1 with James Bouknight in the lineup and just 4-4 without him. Because of that, the Selection Committee may give them some leeway. Normally, I would point to the strength of their resume actually being no bad losses since they don't have many Q1+2 wins, but I think the Bouknight factor will work in their favor putting them closer to the field than Xavier despite being behind them on the S-Curve.
Lock Status: 3 wins away

If you're interested in the rest of the BE, see link here:
Big East NCAA Win Targets

Reaction Score
A Marquette blogger who is very very attuned to the selection committee and in general has done a great job the last few years in predicting the field has a new BE update out. It has each team from the league on it and he sees UCONN at 3 wins away from a lock.

Connecticut Huskies, 10-5 (7-5)

It's worth noting this team is 6-1 with James Bouknight in the lineup and just 4-4 without him. Because of that, the Selection Committee may give them some leeway. Normally, I would point to the strength of their resume actually being no bad losses since they don't have many Q1+2 wins, but I think the Bouknight factor will work in their favor putting them closer to the field than Xavier despite being behind them on the S-Curve. Lock Status: 3 wins away

If you're interested in the rest of the BE, see link here:
Big East NCAA Win Targets
And this was before last night (based on the record). So in his mind, we need 2 more wins going forward.

Reaction Score
Today's Bubble Rooting Interest:

5 PM:
  • Root for Davidson over St. Bonaventure - ESPN+

7 PM:
  • Root for North Carolina over Marquette so they stay away from the bubble - ESPN2.
  • Root for Seton Hall over Butler. Pads our rest of season SOS and makes a win over Seton Hall even better - CBSSN.

8 PM:
  • Root for Rutgers over Indiana - Big Ten Network.

Reaction Score
One of the analysts after the game was talking about how the committee would only put weight on playing without Bouk if we showed we were kicking butt with him (we have) so he was saying (like OP) that we really need to win out (or minimum 2 of 3) to finish up the season. Odd take since if we win out we 99% should get in regardless of Bouk's status

Also, random question, but has there been any announcements or indications from any conferences that they won't have a conference tourney? If smaller conferences were to award regular season winners the auto bids that can only help us

Reaction Score
If we win at home vs Marquette and Georgetown we are in. Simple as that.

Seton Hall game would likely bump up our seed but a loss there doesn't mean anything. Let's get it done
I like yer way of thinking but if we go 2-1 over our next 3(lose to seton hall) and get bounced in first round of big East tourney, I ll be nervous on selection Sunday. I don’t want to be in a spot where we have to win that first round Big East quarterfinal game- we win our next three - were good. But 2-2 the rest of way(including first round bet loss) is shaky

Reaction Score

5 PM:

7 PM:
  • Root for North Carolina over Marquette so they stay away from the bubble - ESPN2.
  • Root for Seton Hall over Butler. Pads our rest of season SOS and makes a win over Seton Hall even better - CBSSN.

8 PM:
Wouldn’t we want Marquette to beat unc? Keeps unc off bubble and boosts up our Marquette win. And wouldn’t we want seton hall to lose so we can get closer to that 3 seed?

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
What is our rooting interest in Xavier-Providence tonight? If Xavier loses our road win over them will remain Q1 I assume

Reaction Score
I like yer way of thinking but if we go 2-1 over our next 3(lose to seton hall) and get bounced in first round of big East tourney, I ll be nervous on selection Sunday. I don’t want to be in a spot where we have to win that first round Big East quarterfinal game- we win our next three - were good. But 2-2 the rest of way(including first round bet loss) is shaky
This is where I'm at.

I think we need 3 more wins to be fairly confident about our spot and 4 more wins to be a lock.

Only winning 2 more games will have us just on the wrong side of the bubble, especially when bid stealing in mid-major conference tournaments becomes a factor.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t we want Marquette to beat unc? Keeps unc off bubble and boosts up our Marquette win. And wouldn’t we want seton hall to lose so we can get closer to that 3 seed?
I was going to say the same thing about Marquette. Wouldn’t that be a good win for the league?

Reaction Score

5 PM:

7 PM:

8 PM:
I'd argue we want Marquette over UNC (better for league/UNC is closer to bubble than Marquette) and Butler over Seton Hall (Seton Hall is very close to bubble). We also want PC over Xavier for the same reason.

Reaction Score
I agree...

We want Seton Hall to lose @ Butler....boosts our Butler wins & brings S Hall back to us on Bubble & BE standings.

We want Marquette to win @ UNC....boosts our win (wins hopefully). I think UNC is in regardless & Marquette little chance for at-large.

The other bubble games today, yes we want Davidson over Bonnies & Rutgers over Indiana.

Xavier / Providence is interesting because Xavier is one of our best wins so them winning helps us in a way BUT since we are bunched with them & S Hall in terms of resume it's better if Xavier loses.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I definitely think you want Marquette to win. Marquette is not going to make the tournament... but you want them to look better on your (and all of the BE's) resume and maybe bump up the quad they fall into on your resume. A win for MU will help the entire league. Meanwhile UNC is a bubble team themselves... More L's for them only help the Husky case.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The difference with and without Bouknight gives us a little cushion in terms of making the field, but if a team was ever going to be punished with crappy seeding, it is this year's UConn team. Fresh out of the AAC and the NCAA just generally hates us to begin with. A 10 or 11 seed is in UConn's future if the Huskies don't beat Georgetown and Marquette, and pick up 1 or 2 additional quality wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom