2022 Recruiting: - Updated Composite Rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Updated Composite Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK, so is he a #45 type guy or a #120 type guy?

The easy answer is probably somewhere in between, but there's a massive difference between someone ranked comparably to Andre Jackson vs. someone ranked comparably to Polley.

That very question gives far too much credence to the rankings. A handful of non-experts has a wide divergence of opinion on how good he'll be in college. So what.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’m curious if anyone has any further info on why we seem to be out of the running for Zion Cruz (I know he said something about warm weather in an interview but other than that)

Reaction Score
Who in the DMV did we realistically miss out on that would be a step-up from who we've signed?
the most realistic were probably rodney rice and/or jayden epps. we still have an open scholly so neither would necessarily have to be considered a step up from floyd.

Reaction Score
It's because they're projecting his NBA ability more than his curent productivity. He'll be a beast of a college player. The NBA is an uphill battle for him
I hope this is true and I don't mind it at all.

I would much rather have a guy who's ranked #80 for his likely college productivity than a guy who's ranked #50 because of projection and NBA potential.

Reaction Score
Who in the DMV did we realistically miss out on that would be a step-up from who we've signed?
Quite frankly, looking at post #9 of this thread we missed out on the following ranked DMV recruits: 49, 55, 57, 61, 63, 64, 80. Our current recruits are 44,86, 88.
Again, Chief is an eyeball guy not a ranking dude but it does give you a general idea that it’s a talented area and our last recruit there was Hawkins, who Hunter recruited.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's because they're projecting his NBA ability more than his curent productivity. He'll be a beast of a college player. The NBA is an uphill battle for him
And the good thing is, guys the staff have recruited have been producing at a high level. All 3 commits are playing well and producing against top talent, they’re outplaying their rankings. Seeing Floyd and Karaban tearing it up makes me feel confident that they’re way better than some of the rivals/247 rankings they’ve gotten. There’s no way there are 140 players better than Karaban. Seems like ESPN rankings are way closer to being accurate.

Reaction Score
Regardless of ratings, Karaban is a guy with ideal 2/3 size who can shoot and post up and is not a liability on the defensive side of the court. He seems to be exactly what we needed.

Reaction Score
Regardless of ratings, Karaban is a guy with ideal 2/3 size who can shoot and post up and is not a liability on the defensive side of the court. He seems to be exactly what we needed.
I believe he's a 3/4 versus a 2/3. I know we're in the age of "positionless basketball" but I don't really envision a scenario where he's the second smallest guy on the court for us.

Reaction Score
I believe he's a 3/4 versus a 2/3. I know we're in the age of "positionless basketball" but I don't really envision a scenario where he's the second smallest guy on the court for us.
Think he views himself as a 2/3 from the articles I have read.

Reaction Score
Much closer to 45, the past year has been tough to evaluate so it's not surprising to see a wide gap between sites. But after his Peach Jam and him playing at IMG this upcoming season it's hard to see him staying at 120 from the sites who have him there
Actually much closer to a top 25 player. He consistently outplays the top competition when he goes head to head with them.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I don’t see playing time being an issue here. We only had a 3 kid class last year, Hawk is likely gone early at some point. RJ will be gone, Jalen will be a senior his freshman year. We play a bunch of 3 guard lineups.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t see playing time being an issue here. We only had a 3 kid class last year, Hawk is likely gone early at some point. RJ will be gone, Jalen will be a senior his freshman year. We play a bunch of 3 guard lineups.
RJ might not be gone, Sool is a top 50 guard, Hawkins will probably be here his freshman year, Gaffney is a factor in the rotation. Jackson should still be here too. There's definitely real competition at this point.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
RJ might not be gone, Sool is a top 50 guard, Hawkins will probably be here his freshman year, Gaffney is a factor in the rotation. Jackson should still be here too. There's definitely real competition at this point.
"There's definitely real competition at this point."

What a great position to finally be in again...

Reaction Score
Floyd, too. I can 100% understand Anglin going where more minutes are available right away but this is why I absolutely loved him as the 4th and final piece to the ‘22 class. A sharpshooting, 4-year guy whose role would’ve likely been minimal early on but grown exponentially.

Reaction Score
I see Karaban as the Classic fundamentals solid player from the 1970s. Athletic. Great shooting. Great passer. High IQ. Great movement off the ball. Except he is 6-8. There's definitely 3+ inches gained over several generations. Can he play 2 through 4 - maybe 5. Depends on matchups.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I see Karaban as the Classic fundamentals solid player from the 1970s. Athletic. Great shooting. Great passer. High IQ. Great movement off the ball. Except he is 6-8. There's definitely 3+ inches gained over several generations. Can he play 2 through 4 - maybe 5. Depends on matchups.
Again, he won't be playing 2 and he won't be playing 5. He is a 3 or 4.

Reaction Score
Again, he won't be playing 2 and he won't be playing 5. He is a 3 or 4.
Can you expound on this please. People have Andre at the point? I'm just curious why Karaban couldn't play the 2? I know that it wouldn't be a lineup Hurley would run out a lot, but I could see it as a matchup nightmare at times.

Reaction Score
Can you expound on this please. People have Andre at the point? I'm just curious why Karaban couldn't play the 2? I know that it wouldn't be a lineup Hurley would run out a lot, but I could see it as a matchup nightmare at times.
yeah it's not unthinkable. if martin got minutes at SG then AK can too. he can shoot as well as any SG so the issue is whether he can stay in front of opposing SGs on D. but that cuts both ways since he'd be a size mismatch for opposing SGs on offense. martin couldnt take advantage of that since he cant finish around the hoop. i wouldnt be shocked to see a lineup of cole/karaban/jackson/samson/clingan if our other Gs were in foul trouble or something. having said that i dont see a reason for AK to play more than a couple minutes at SG per game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The issue isn't offense, it's defense. The 2, 3, and 4 really do much the same stuff on offense for us. Karaban isn't defending 2s adequately.

Reaction Score
wtf. does psolo12 think he's a coach? Nobody is plugging anyone into a number. And we no longer talk about a shooting guard or this/that. Its a silly stance that youve carried through to a ... silly debate

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
yeah it's not unthinkable. if martin got minutes at SG then AK can too. he can shoot as well as any SG so the issue is whether he can stay in front of opposing SGs on D. but that cuts both ways since he'd be a size mismatch for opposing SGs on offense. martin couldnt take advantage of that since he cant finish around the hoop. i wouldnt be shocked to see a lineup of cole/karaban/jackson/samson/clingan if our other Gs were in foul trouble or something. having said that i dont see a reason for AK to play more than a couple minutes at SG per game.

Martin getting minutes at the 2 was more a function of the roster composition than an ideal skill set for the 2. Martin got minutes there because of injuries to Bouk, and Polley and Jackson recovering from injuries.

On an ideal roster, Martin is a 3 or a 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom