Updated Class Rankings | The Boneyard

Updated Class Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
#3 looks about right. following up #5 from 2011. way to go RU!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
If you click on the "June 2011" under the choose a month. You'll see that it was updated after Laney committed.

Reaction Score
I think that what we can learn from TN is that it's not about getting the a top ranked program but about those special players (DT, Parker, Maya, Griner, and hopefully KML and Breanna) who bring a program to the very top.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
not that it matters that much, but i really don't see how they can rank notre dame ahead of tennessee.

they have #4 jewell loyd, we have #5 bashaara graves.
they have #32, mabrey, we have #20 carter.
they have #52 huffman, we have #39 jones.

so basically it has to come down to them saying that #4 loyd is that much better than number #5 graves, and i just don't see it. they're both 5 star players with ratings of 97's. if there was a significant difference between the two, which there very well may be, it should be reflected in their ratings. furthermore, our class is more balanced with a guard, a forward, and a post. they have 3 guards, and like tennessee, their most pressing need was in the post which they did not address.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
not that it matters that much, but i really don't see how they can rank notre dame ahead of tennessee.

so basically it has to come down to them saying that #4 loyd is that much better than number #5 graves, and i just don't see it. they're both 5 star players with ratings of 97's. if there was a significant difference between the two, which there very well may be, it should be reflected in their ratings. furthermore, our class is more balanced with a guard, a forward, and a post. they have 3 guards, and like tennessee, their most pressing need was in the post which they did not address.
Perhaps they see ND's class as fulfilling their needs better? Don't know, honestly just a guess on my part.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
rankings are subjective anyway. ASGR has them listed as follows:

1 - Duke
2 - UCONN
3 - Tennessee
4 - Rutgers
5 - aTm

1 - UCONN
2 - aTm
3 - ND
4 - Tennessee
5 - Baylor

So it looks like ASGR and HG thinks ND has a better class than Tennessee.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
That's odd. They were #3. Now they seemed to cut them out. :mad:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Supposedly per the RU message board, they took down the updated ranking that had RU at #3.

Realistically, that's about where RU will end up.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
give it a few days RU fans - you know how good the kids you got are. don't need no stinkin' HG to tell ya! :)

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Perhaps they see ND's class as fulfilling their needs better? Don't know, honestly just a guess on my part.

that's what i was trying to say though, their best returning players are already guards and their 2012 class has 3 of them. the only post players they will have next year are achonwa, markisha wright, and ariel braker. they have 5 returning guards.

our class, as a whole, is rated higher and fulfills our needs better. we get another great point guard to team with massengale. we haven't had one solid point guard in forever, and now we'll have two. we get a combo foward in jones to backup spani and burdick. and we have graves who from day one was our first must-get in this class. she fills a huge void we have in our post rotation and will see significant time at the four and five.

as i said, it doesn't make any difference, i would just like to hear an explanation.

Reaction Score

I agree with you on this!

Reaction Score
that's what i was trying to say though, their best returning players are already guards and their 2012 class has 3 of them. the only post players they will have next year are achonwa, markisha wright, and ariel braker. they have 5 returning guards.

our class, as a whole, is rated higher and fulfills our needs better. we get another great point guard to team with massengale. we haven't had one solid point guard in forever, and now we'll have two. we get a combo foward in jones to backup spani and burdick. and we have graves who from day one was our first must-get in this class. she fills a huge void we have in our post rotation and will see significant time at the four and five.

as i said, it doesn't make any difference, i would just like to hear an explanation.

HG is all about what you've done lately and what impact you will have on the team. They rated Loyd as having the best summer. Check out their list of the "best of the summer". You'll see all three of ND's recruits mentioned at least in one category if not more. Can't say the same for UT. ND loses Novosel, Mallory, and Peters. Replaces them with three big guards who in ND's system will see plenty of time rotated into a forward-type position. Think more credit is given that Loyd will slide into the slot that Novosel vacates and how important that is for ND. UT will have quality players trying to fit into a broken system. Not much impact there.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/story/_/id/6884921/best-summer-players

Reaction Score
About recruiting class rankings

ESPN HoopGurlz ranks recruiting classes based solely on high school prospect signings. No consideration is made for junior college or transfer student-athletes. Player rankings and class rankings are determined by a six-person panel that includes Lisa Bodine, Brandon Clay, Chris Hansen, Mark Lewis, Glenn Nelson, and Keil Moore.
Follow us on Twitter, where you can ask questions and get instant updates.
Become a fan of the site on Facebook and get updates in your news stream.
Discuss this on our Message Board

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Keil Moore and i think Lisa Bodine used to be with Peach State - i liked that they had a different set of recruiting numbers for kids coming out of HS. i don't think Peach State updates their site any longer.

Reaction Score
Didn't HG used to have a numerical system for determining their class rankings?

I definitely agree though that based upon their own rankings, TN should be ranked higher than ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom