Stephon Castle 23 (26 composite)
Solo Ball 38 (113)
Jayden Ross 134 (169)

Targets
Isaiah Miranda 30 (24) - Not Happening but technically alive
Brandon Williams 74 (127)
Jaylin Stewart 79 (115)
Youssouf Singare 120 (N/A)

Included the composite ranks but they're all out of wack since ESPN hasn't updated recently

Reaction Score
only the top 16 players are rated 5* this year. last year it was 25 and the year before it was 29. castle should be a 5*!

unbelievable jumps for ball stewart and williams.

I came here to say this exactly. Ive never seen such a small number of 5*s.

I think it usually averages about 25 per class.

Reaction Score
This class just isn't very good. IDK if it's the covid-year effect, or what... but even the stars in EYBL were really inconsistent.
They say it lacks top end, one and done talent. Which could be a good thing for college basketball in general.

For a few years now, we've written that the class of 2023 is a bit down from others when it comes to surefire one-and-done type NBA talent. While that may not be great for organizations that have been stacking NBA Draft picks, a down class of NBA talent should actually end up being very good for college basketball in the long run and that's something that our audience of college fans can get excited about.

There will always be some surprises and unwise decisions when it comes to leaving for the pros, but for the most part players from the class of 2023 are looking like they will need a little more time to develop in college. With Name, Image and Likeness money available, the need for collegiate players to turn pro for monetary reasons should also lessen for this group of high school seniors.

Reaction Score
This class just isn't very good. IDK if it's the covid-year effect, or what... but even the stars in EYBL were really inconsistent.
I've noticed that, it just seems like a weak class. There really aren't any players that look like can't miss guys.

The rankings are so weird this year too. Solo Ball's ranking is all over the map on the scouting services and he's not out of the ordinary, several guys have 100 spot differences in their rankings on the different services.

Reaction Score
Collier is very very good, but I think Castle is just about as good now and will be better than Collier in 1-2 years.

Reaction Score
I’m highly confident of the current coaching staff’s ability to identify high caliber athletes. The rankings seem to confirm my confidence. Let’s hope that the staff has similar ability to identify that the high hedge with Sanogo is a very bad idea as he is consistently in foul trouble and worn out by the second half.

Reaction Score
Depending on how much stock you put into these rankings, pretty cool to see the staff invest time & resources into kids that are risers, while also seeing some of the early targets take dips.

Reaction Score
It’s almost like it’s the type of class where you go hard after your select few targets, don’t reach, and fill in with transfers in the Spring, if needed…
dont reach? idk feels like we did a lot of reaching. either with highly ranked guys we didnt up getting e.g. edwards, bowen, griffiths, or guys we started recruiting heavily later on e.g. middleton, stewart, carr.

based on this summer's 4 great transfers i remain optimistic about getting a few more good ones next summer but unless either Hawk or AJ or alleyne comes back there's going to be a lot of holes to fill in '23 if we have the kind of year we're hoping for .

Diarra----Transfer
Castle----Ball
Karaban- Transfer
Johnson- Transfer
Clingan- Springs?

B- Transfer, Ross, Transfer

Last edited:
Reaction Score
dont reach? idk feels like we did a lot of reaching. either with highly ranked guys we didnt up getting e.g. edwards, bowen, griffiths, or guys we started recruiting heavily later on e.g. middleton, stewart, carr.

based on this summer's 4 great transfers i remain optimistic about getting a few more good ones next summer but unless either Hawk or AJ or alleyne comes back there's going to be a lot of holes to fill in '23 if we have the kind of year we're hoping for .

Diarra----Transfer
Castle----Ball
Karaban- Transfer
Johnson- Transfer
Clingan- Springs?

That's not what she was suggesting. She's saying you don't reach and take a ton of lower rated freshman when your top targets go elsewhere. You fill out the roster with really talented transfers in the spring

Reaction Score
That's not what she was suggesting. She's saying you don't reach and take a ton of lower rated freshman when your top targets go elsewhere. You fill out the roster with really talented transfers in the spring
She also made it sound like the staff went hard after their select few targets.

Reaction Score
ah. i'd call that settling not reaching but yeah no one wants that...

Reaction Score

Mainly this. They did also get two of their top targets, quickly and decisively. Maybe they should wait and reel in two top 40 guards later in the process, so it’s more appreciated.*

*that is a joke, for those who need the clarification

Reaction Score

Diarra----Transfer
Castle----Ball
Karaban- Transfer
Johnson- Transfer
Clingan- Springs?

I think that is jackson or hawkins or Sanogo for that matter leave early that would leave us in a great position because that means they made the huge jumps we expect from them.

Reaction Score
I think that is jackson or hawkins or Sanogo for that matter leave early that would leave us in a great position because that means they made the huge jumps we expect from them.
i think sanogo is the least likely to return, even it means going to europe, so i didnt include him. but yes if all 3 went pro it would probably/hopefully mean we had a great year (pending another first round upset).

my point is after finally making a tourney run i'd like to reload and make another not rebuild for another 4 years

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Diarra----Transfer
Castle----Ball
Karaban- Transfer
Johnson- Transfer
Clingan- Springs?

For what it’s worth, depending again on how much stock you put in these rankings, a lot of those “higher ranked guys” dropped throughout the year. Solo has now since surpassed both Griffiths & Bowen.

Reaction Score
i think sanogo is the least likely to return, even it means going to europe, so i didnt include him. but yes if all 3 went pro it would probably/hopefully mean we had a great year (pending another first round upset).

my point is after finally making a tourney run i'd like to reload and make another not rebuild for another 4 years
I agree. I think Sanogo is gone after this year no matter what. He has a lot of pride and belief in himself and he has a reputation as a tireless worker

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, depending again on how much stock you put in these rankings, a lot of those “higher ranked guys” dropped throughout the year. Solo has now since surpassed both Griffiths & Bowen.
Sure for the 247 ranking. For the composite Griffiths is #31, Bowen is #33, and Ball is #113.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom