Updated 2025 Recruiting Rankings | The Boneyard

Updated 2025 Recruiting Rankings

Reaction Score
Some familiar names although it's early for the 2025 class, so we don't know at this point who UConn will prioritize.

One of the biggest risers is Joson Sanon (went from 39 to 16), who UConn offered.

Recruitment: Offers from Alabama, Boston College, Georgetown, Iowa, Marquette, Providence, UConn and Washington.

Previous ranking: 39

New ranking: 16

Capable of playing as a physically tough two guard or a small forward, Joson Sanon looks to be a guy that should be able to step in and make an immediate impact on the college level. For one, he already looks like a college wing with his lean strength, shoulders and size. Add in his ability to slash to the rim, improving ball handling and promise as a jump shooter and you can see why he’s emerged as one of the top wing prospects in the rising junior class.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Guys we've been connected with...

2 Cooper Flagg (F)
8 Meleek Thomas (SG)
10 Jalen Haralson (SG)
15 Tyler Jackson (PG)
16 Joson Sanon (G/W)
18 Brayden Burries (SG)
37 Kiyan Anthony (SG)
42 Badara Diakite (C)
45 Oswin Erhunmwunse (C)
51 Jeremiah Fears (G)
72 Jacob Ross (W)

NR Isaiah Denis (SG)
NR Akbar Waheed (G/W)
NR Sabree Scott (W)

Reaction Score
Hard to imagine someone that skilled and coordinated coming from Maine. But he, if he wants to make New England basketball shine for a year or two he can come to UConn and help to keep the NC streak alive........
Why are you shocked about Maine? Caron butler played some high school ball i Maine. There are few top notch prep schools there.

Reaction Score
Why are you shocked about Maine? Caron butler played some high school ball i Maine. There are few top notch prep schools there.

He is a Maine kid, not a prep school kid. There are very few top end kids from VT/NH/Maine. I think every time I heard Matt Bonner’s name, they mentioned he is from NH. Duncan Robinson is the only Mainer in the league right now. No VT, maybe 1 NH - Wenyen Gabriel moved to NH in HS.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He is a Maine kid, not a prep school kid. There are very few top end kids from VT/NH/Maine. I think every time I heard Matt Bonner’s name, they mentioned he is from NH. Duncan Robinson is the only Mainer in the league right now. No VT, maybe 1 NH - Wenyen Gabriel moved to NH in HS.
Duncan Robinson moved out of Maine at a young age. Flagg is the best basketball player ever to be born and raised in Maine already at 16 years old.

Reaction Score
Duncan Robinson moved out of Maine at a young age. Flagg is the best basketball player ever to be born and raised in Maine already at 16 years old.

Gotcha - wiki has him as the only current NBA from both Maine and NH.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hard to imagine someone that skilled and coordinated coming from Maine. But he, if he wants to make New England basketball shine for a year or two he can come to UConn and help to keep the NC streak alive........
Rick Carlyle went from Maine to the Final Four to the Knicks before becoming an all-time great coach.

Reaction Score
Rick Carlyle went from Maine to the Final Four to the Knicks before becoming an all-time great coach.
Rick Carlisle is from New York. He played two seasons at University of Maine, he's clearly talking about Flagg being from the state of Maine.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Bonner's the only NH-born player in NBA history. Duncan Robinson is one of just two Maine-born players in NBA history. There's never been a Vermont-born player.

Northern New England is a dead zone for athletic talent in general, but especially hoops.

EDIT: I should add that Maine used to punch above its weight in producing baseball players, but those days are long gone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bonner's the only NH-born player in NBA history. Duncan Robinson is one of just two Maine-born players in NBA history. There's never been a Vermont-born player.

Northern New England is a dead zone for athletic talent in general, but especially hoops.

EDIT: I should add that Maine used to punch above its weight in producing baseball players, but those days are long gone.
I had just looked up the same thing. I couldn’t believe Maine had only two NBA players born there. Even Idaho has five!

IMG_1982.jpeg

Reaction Score
2025 Connecticut CIAC kid I really like is Preston Fowler who plays AAU for NH Lightning. He's around 6'8 and really versatile. Seems to guard 2-5, he rebounds well on both ends, can handle it pretty well, can shoot it pretty well, knows how to finish, and blocks some shots. Just has good instincts.

He's underrated IMO and will see his recruiting pick up.

Reaction Score
2025 Connecticut CIAC kid I really like is Preston Fowler who plays AAU for NH Lightning. He's around 6'8 and really versatile. Seems to guard 2-5, he rebounds well on both ends, can handle it pretty well, can shoot it pretty well, knows how to finish, and blocks some shots. Just has good instincts.

He's underrated IMO and will see his recruiting pick up.
I like him but I thought he was much shorter than that. I guess he's grown. He has outplayed Diakite badly the two times I saw them match up. Its wild there is no "elite" CT aau program anymore and everyone has to play with an out of state squad.

Reaction Score
I like him but I thought he was much shorter than that. I guess he's grown. He has outplayed Diakite badly the two times I saw them match up. Its wild there is no "elite" CT aau program anymore and everyone has to play with an out of state squad.
He's listed at 6'7 and 6'8. He's only 15 years old. I really like his game and upside. I suspect the UConn coaching staff will get involved with him soon.

Reaction Score
Ha i will eat crow on this. Assumed more maine nba talent... i was wrong
yeah, I have lived in Maine most of my life, and still do. We have rarely had any homegrown talent that even made D1 squads let alone being a top player. We have had a lot more success with baseball players. I think in the past 25 years, we probably have had like maybe 10 D1 players...maybe some more that made their way to some cupcake teams....so yeah, Cooper is pretty much rock star in Maine(his Freshman year, he pretty much dominated the second highest class tournament in Maine. It was clear he was the best player in the state as a Freshman. that should tell you a lot about the basketball talent pool)...and actually the past couple years there are some other players out there that are upping the talent level from Maine like Estrella. We certainly have had some good prep programs, I taught at one for a while. When MCI still had a prep program I remember watching Butler and Sam Cassell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom