Update on U.S.A. u-17 Women's Basketball Tryouts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Update on U.S.A. u-17 Women's Basketball Tryouts

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn's reflections on the cuts to 16. He thought they'd go a different way with the bigs:

"After two sessions the first spot, in my opinion was a lock for 6-5 newcomer Blanca Thomas to take Mendelson’s spot – that’s it, 12 slots filled.

"Ok – now for the reality check. Bam, 6-5 Blanca Thomas got cut, Then the long, athletic 6-3 Joyce Edwards joined her on the cut list. Two bigs, both with futures, cut before the final cut. So, by the time this is read, the list is out there, Mostly no surprises except for two of them."

Here's the full article.

Reaction Score
I think Sienna Betts might have grown by 2 inches in the last year. They may take her based more on potential than current ability. I believe she was listed at 6'2" earlier in the year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The team has bee named.

Husky POI that made it:

Cambridge, Cheli, Booker, Umeh, Randolph, M. Williams

This team is full of elite talent. They will be hard to beat.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The team has bee named.

Husky POI that made it:

Cambridge, Cheli, Booker, Umeh, Randolph, M. Williams

Very strong team. UConn recruiting is really on target because you also listed a number of UConn POI that didn't make the finalists. Along with those that did make it, Huskies are very on target, to say the least. :)

FWIW, Irish POI are Donovan, Hidalgo and Umeh. The latter two both play for the Philly Rise.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very strong team. UConn recruiting is really on target because you also listed a number of UConn POI that didn't make the finalists. Along with those that did make it, Huskies are very on target, to say the least. :)

FWIW, Irish POI are Donovan, Hidalgo and Umeh. The latter two both play for the Philly Rise.
Not surprised because of the the excellent preparation that the Philly Belles and now the Philly Rise do in preparing their players for USA basketball tryouts. Queen Hannah is on the rise and now top 5 in ESPN rankings ahead of both UCONN commits in Shade and Arnold. Always loved the Queen's intensity, on ball defense, & Jersey toughness. Now it seems like the rest of her game is coming along nicely. UNC and Maryland very heavily invested in this Queen.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The U17 World Cup starts July 9 in Hungary. Typically UConn is represented by Chris Dailey at these events. In addition to watching Team USA play I'll be curious to see whether Chris spends time watching Team Canada (Prosper) and/or Germany (Annika Soltau).

Louisville is recruiting an Egyptian player (c/o 2023) who I believe will be playing for Egypt in the U17 World Cup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom