Update on U.S.A. u-17 Women's Basketball Tryouts | The Boneyard

Update on U.S.A. u-17 Women's Basketball Tryouts

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hey there:

Wasn't quite sure whether to put this here or in the General thread, but I chose UConn because KK Arnold is among the participants.
Here's the press release announcing the roster, plus Mike Flynn's report on the first day of the tryouts that he could see.

Reaction Score
Day 2. Sounds like Arnold is still out with a medical issue.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Day 2. Sounds like Arnold is still out with a medical issue.

One of the stand out players mentioned was Judea (Juju) Watkins. She is the only player in this group that I have seen in person. I was very impressed with her. She could play D1 wcbb right now. She was hard to guard, and played defense.

She was clearly the best player on the floor. She is the real deal. A can't miss prospect. She is mature beyond her years. Remember that name. You will hear it again starting in the fall of 2023.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
KK has a medical issue? I don’t like the sound of that.
It actually said she had a medial issue. Either that is a typo, or it's a strain and/or inflammation of that ligament.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
@Carnac , Blue Star has Watkins ranked number one in the class.
Believe me, she's worthy. She's that good. She can shoot, drive and create her own shot, and she plays defense. I've seen her twice in person. She appears to have a high BB IQ. She'll be a great get for whoever is lucky enough to recruit her. ;) She probably has offers from every top 100 program in the country. Like most top 10 recruits in any class, she'll have her choice of schools to select from. I have no inside information, but I'd be surprised if she selects a school in the eastern part of the country. Too many other ELITE programs closer to home (Sylmar area of Southern California) for her to choose from. Remember that name.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It actually said she had a medial issue. Either that is a typo, or it's a strain and/or inflammation of that ligament.
I like the sound of that even less.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
KK Arnold did not make the 16-player cut.

Neither did UConn POI Joyce Edwards, Blanca Thomas, Olivia Edwards, Taliyah Parker, Jordan Lee, Taj Roberts, and Kennedy Smith.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Neither did UConn POI Joyce Edwards, Blanca Thomas, Olivia Edwards, Taliyah Parker, Jordan Lee, Taj Roberts, and Kennedy Smith.
I guess the KK injury was significant.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

These are the 16 players that will attempt to make the final 12-person team:

The 2022 WU17 National Team finalists are Sunaja Agara, Sienna Betts, Madison Booker, Jaloni Cambridge, Morgan Cheli, Breya Cunningham, Jaydn Donovan, Kendall Dudley, Hannah Hidalgo, Reagan Jackson, Riley Nelson, Mackenly Randolph, Kennedy Umeh, Judea Watkins, Jada Williams and Mikaylah Williams.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

The 2022 WU17 National Team finalists are Sunaja Agara, Sienna Betts, Madison Booker, Jaloni Cambridge, Morgan Cheli, Breya Cunningham, Jaydn Donovan, Kendall Dudley, Hannah Hidalgo, Reagan Jackson, Riley Nelson, Mackenly Randolph, Kennedy Umeh, Judea Watkins, Jada Williams and Mikaylah Williams.
Seems some of the BY should guess the final 12.

Reaction Score

Isnt Sienna Betts 2025? She must be pretty special to still be in the running. Kind of rooting for her to make the team.

Reaction Score
How serious is this injury of KK’s? Some of the comments on twitter sound a bit ominous? Anyone know?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Isnt Sienna Betts 2025? She must be pretty special to still be in the running. Kind of rooting for her to make the team.
Yes, 15-years old and Class of 2025. We'll know pretty soon if she does/does not make the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom