Update on Paige [Merged Thread] | The Boneyard

Update on Paige [Merged Thread]

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Not surprised after a few of Holly Rowe's comments regarding the type of injury and typically how it's fixed by surgery. As much as I want Paige healed and back to playing, I'd rather see her long term play than sacrifice health for this season.

Reaction Score
Ok Uconn fans I know you may be having championship withdrawal while fiending for another. May you are excited because Paige was the deliverer that the prophets foretold of who would deliver not just another championship but multiple ones. But before you all jump off the ledge let me walk you back off the ledge. Surgery is the best option so that she won't destroy her career and if she misses this year she still technically, Because of her freshman covid year will have 3 years of eligibility left. Which means she can come back next year with another strong incoming class and possibly win 3 chips in a row. As a bonus she'll graduate with her best friend and they'll go 1-2 in the 2025 WNBA draft. So get off the ledge people all is not lost, the savior will return.

Reaction Score

They’re still talking about a return. I’m not jumping to conclusions or ruling her out for this year until they do. I’m sure they’ll make the best decision for her long term career.

Reaction Score
Ok Uconn fans I know you may be having championship withdrawal while fiending for another. May you are excited because Paige was the deliverer that the prophets foretold of who would deliver not just another championship but multiple ones. But before you all jump off the ledge let me walk you back off the ledge. Surgery is the best option so that she won't destroy her career and if she misses this year she still technically, Because of her freshman covid year will have 3 years of eligibility left. Which means she can come back next year with another strong incoming class and possibly win 3 chips in a row. As a bonus she'll graduate with her best friend and they'll go 1-2 in the 2025 WNBA draft. So get off the ledge people all is not lost, the savior will return.
I think the WNBA is going to change their rules before then so future players like Paige can be 1 and dones if they so choose. With the NIL players will have the opportunity to make enough money and for go college.

Reaction Score
I think she didn’t exceed the redshirt max for this year, so she would have four years left, not that I expect her to use all of them.

Reaction Score
Not surprised after a few of Holly Rowe's comments regarding the type of injury and typically how it's fixed by surgery. As much as I want Paige healed and back to playing, I'd rather see her long term play than sacrifice health for this season.

I believe, if Paige ( her medical team ) decides to have surgery. She will not be back this year. And she should not be pushed in that direction by anyone. I am sure the UCONN coaching staff feel the same. We can be confident that their concern for her welfare is paramount.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That would dumb to bring any of the injured back for a meaningless non-conference game.
It would be dumb and irresponsible to bring any player back before they are cleared by both the doctors and the trainers period!!! Regardless at what part of the season they are in. Recruit better and hold on to the players you have.

Reaction Score
I’ve had this injury and honestly 6-8 weeks seems wildly underestimated. Mine took about 7 months until I could run (limited distance) and over a year until I was 100%. But I did get back to 100%

Reaction Score
Paige behind the UConn bench at today's game vs UCLA.
20211211_145217.jpg

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It would be dumb and irresponsible to bring any player back before they are cleared by both the doctors and the trainers period!!! Regardless at what part of the season they are in. Recruit better and hold on to the players you have.
I believe number one high school recruit Brittany Hunter was forced to play on a knee injury while a freshman at Duke. She transferred to UConn, but was never the same player after that.

BTW, I also believe Brittany is currently an assistant coach for Tonya Cardosa at Temple.

Reaction Score
lol we say that and then people start screaming "you not a doctor", was silly to think she'd be back in 8 weeks.
I agreed with you back then. No way Paige would be back without surgery. Also just cause UCONN defeated UCLA means that they can beat the rest of the teams on their schedule. First let's see how they perform against Louisville in 8 days. Hopefully with their returning injured players.

Reaction Score
I think the WNBA is going to change their rules before then so future players like Paige can be 1 and dones if they so choose. With the NIL players will have the opportunity to make enough money and for go college.
Wait, isn’t the NIL for college?

Reaction Score
In the article, Geno says if she has surgery, she'll be back late Feb. at the latest. Too early to write her off this season.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Surgery or not...it will be the doctors and Paige who have the call.

If she has the surgery: I took a look at our late regular season schedule.
We play Georgetown on Feb 20...with 2 more conference games later in February.
We presumably would play 3 Big East conference tourney games...that would make 6 games prior to the NCAA's.
There is typically a lengthy delay between conference finals and the first weekend of The Dance. Just guessing: game one might be around March 18.

All FWIW.

Until we hear more over the next few weeks I would not hazard a prediction.
Regardless: Thoughts are with Paige to be healthy and playing when the experts and she are
comfortable with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom