Update on Former Players - December | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Update on Former Players - December

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
We don’t know if Corey is better than what we have. Regardless of his star rating, my guess is probably not and DH hs to be happy with the results. He used us and and for that he needs to expect grief for the rest of his college career.
He used us and and for that he needs to expect grief for the rest of his college career.
classy. u've got 'issues.'

Reaction Score
Remember a year ago when ppl swore there was no way Hurley could know how good diggins was just by watching him practice…

I'm really confused. You mean the fact that the Boneyard determined (accurately by the way) that Gaffney wasn't playing well enough did not in fact mean that someone on the bench HAD TO be better than him? Damn. Next you'll be telling me that you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Reaction Score
He used us and and for that he needs to expect grief for the rest of his college career.
classy. u've got 'issues.'

He used us as a stepping stone to Providence College. WOW!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sports evolve, athletes evolve. Comparing today's nba athlete, arguably the best top down athlete in the world, to the past is fools gold. That said, kudos to anyone who can sit and watch an entire game. I last to the next tv timeout. Today's NBA is that boring.

To you. It's boring to you.

A lot of NBA fans think watching a bunch of kids shoot 23/57 from the field is boring.

I don't think either is boring but I'll take a, say, Pacers-Rockets game over some random Pac-12 game any night of the week.

If you can't get through a Nuggets, Celtics or Mavs game these days, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I'm really confused. You mean the fact that the Boneyard determined (accurately by the way) that Gaffney wasn't playing well enough did not in fact mean that someone on the bench HAD TO be better than him? Damn. Next you'll be telling me that you can't believe everything you read on the internet.
You didn’t have to out yourself

Reaction Score
My post is simple. People saying that the players from the 60's and 70's would get punked is stupid. Great players then had to face defense with hand checking no ticky tack fouls Ever see Lambier or Mahorn blast Jordan. No foul...??? Today that would result in an ejection and suspension. Also there was no "load management" To say those players are inferior is silly.

Great players then had to face defenders who had no help because of the illegal defense rule. And the defenders/players today are objectively bigger, faster and stronger now than they were back then.

Would the players from the 60s still be smoking at halftime?

Reaction Score
The people who think players are way better today are almost as annoying as the people who think the NBA stinks now.

The talent is deeper today. I'm not sure how this can be argued. But most of the greats then would be great in any era.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Anyone know why Akok only got 6minutes against DePaul? Is he hurt?

Reaction Score
Great players then had to face defenders who had no help because of the illegal defense rule. And the defenders/players today are objectively bigger, faster and stronger now than they were back then.

Would the players from the 60s still be smoking at halftime?
Having watched games for years I can tell you the players today are talented. BTW many Euro's still smoke today. The defenders played harder and much more physical. Yeah taking a bus from Boston to NY and playing 80 games a year. Gonna say they were tougher got away with a lot more on D. It is an easy argument.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Matt Garry will be playing for Endicott in about an hour on nsnsports.net
Actually he’s not dressed and has a brace on his ankle. Seems he’s out
Solid service to give awaited info AND an relevant update.

I'm otherwise reminded that the National Lampoon Radio Hour had a "What if..." feature that wondered how things would have gone if Napolean had B52s, or if Eleanor Roosevelt could fly.

These are the kinds of things that matter when making comparisons between different eras.

Then again, I'm unsure of how such matters ported themselves over into this thread. We just have to survive another few hours until a Game Day Haiku Thread can be started...

Reaction Score
Solid service to give awaited info AND an relevant update.

I'm otherwise reminded that the National Lampoon Radio Hour had a "What if..." feature that wondered how things would have gone if Napolean had B52s, or if Eleanor Roosevelt could fly.

These are the kinds of things that matter when making comparisons between different eras.

Then again, I'm unsure of how such matters ported themselves over into this thread. We just have to survive another few hours until a Game Day Haiku Thread can be started...
I was more of a Firesign Theater guy myself.

Reaction Score
but what is certain is that it is not going the way Corey thought it would.
why, becuz u say so? r u a mind reader? do u have any evidence whatsoever for this gossip?
2 months in to the first season of a potential four year run, he's actually playing a bit now.
check back with a 'corey's mental health' update around, say 2025.
i'll wait.
My guess is he knows more than you or me, but if you think about it logically, would CF have transferred to basically sit out another year? Nine guys average more playing time than him.

He averages 7 minutes only because of the extended time he played in games against teams like Albany, Manhattan, Stonehill, Northeastern, Columbia and Saint Louis.

His last meaningful minutes were against Manhattan and Albany and in his last three games (Seton Hall, Marquette and Butler) he's averaging 3 minutes per game and 0 points per game. That's probably not what he expected.

He was recruited over with when Cooley brought in Carter and he won't supplant Carter any time soon, plus he has the highly regarded freshman guard (Pierre) and other veteran guards to beat out for playing time and it hasn't happened yet.

That said, I liked him for his potential and wished he had stayed and he still has time to make himself into whatever it is that Cooley wants, but if he treats his time there like he appeared to have treated his time here he may be moving on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom