Update on Boat's Status with Nets | The Boneyard

Update on Boat's Status with Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Deron Williams reached a buyout earlier today with the Nets. The Nets had a very crowded backcourt, but it's finally starting to take shape.

A friend of mine in the Nets organization, who knows I'm a huge UConn fan, texted me soon afterwards to let me know that the Nets "are keeping Boat." When I asked in what capacity, he said "he's making the final roster and will be at the end of the bench, as the 15th man." He said executives were "singing his praises" and thought he was a "steal."

Take that for what you will, but I'd be extremely happy for Boat if this comes to fruition. He deserves it. For all the questions about his size, he's supremely talented.

Good luck to Boatright as he begins his NBA career.

Reaction Score
That's awesome if true. It might be hard for him to stick with a team given his size but would be pretty cool if he could have a journeyman type career like KO. I think he's proved that he has the mindset and determination to make it happen.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Boatright be this year's Dellavedova. I think he will surprise some people. Anyone who can shoot and defend as good as him will have a spot on an NBA roster.

Reaction Score
This is great news!
Glad he's getting a chance in the big league.

Reaction Score
i'm of the volition boatright is actually better than shane larkin, but we will have to wait and see. So proud of the work he's put in to be a lethal shooter, finally seeing the fruits of his labor.

Reaction Score
Amazing to see the growth in this kid, on the court and off. Will be incredibly happy for him if he sticks.
the crazy thing is, he really tore up orlando summer league. rooks don't usually come in and tear it up , rarely younger undrafted ones. I think this a sign of good things to come, especially if larkin is his only comp for back up point (30% 3pt shooter)

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Boatright be this year's Dellavedova. I think he will surprise some people. Anyone who can shoot and defend as good as him will have a spot on an NBA roster.

hopefully the not 3 great games followed by a complete disappearance dellavedova

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
i'm of the volition boatright is actually better than shane larkin, but we will have to wait and see. So proud of the work he's put in to be a lethal shooter, finally seeing the fruits of his labor.

I normally err on the extreme side of caution when comparing our boys to other NBA players, but I have to agree here. Larkin shouldn't scare him, and I can easily see him beating him out in the rotation.

Reaction Score
So happy to see Boat get a shot. He was so unselfish his Junior year on that championship run.
I think my favorite Boat quote (re: Harrison twins) was something like "well they're big, so their dribble's a little high." He just seemed so ready to face those guys, it was amazing. And, a little intimidating to the Kentucky freshmen.

Reaction Score
Great new for Boat. The day after the draft I actually ran into him at JFK before I boarded my flight to Cancun. I told him good luck going forward and that it was great watching him for 4 years at Uconn. He was appreciative and seemed to be in good spirits despite being undrafted the night before.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. Especially on this Nets team, there is no question in my mind that Boat will play his way into the rotation.

Reaction Score
Let's charter a Ryan Phelan Bus to see his 1st Barclay game. Just to see him in uniform would be worth it.

Reaction Score
Boat is all heart. I really hope he sticks. If not, he will make plenty of $ overseas.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
DWill did Boat a huge favor. And this team has a good chance of really stinking up the joint, which could lead to some major minutes for him. He really did well in SL. Had two monster games, including a 24-point, 7-assist performance in the final game. He shot 39% from 3 (not so good inside the arc).

Reaction Score

I like that he really is looking for the open guy and trying to force things there when it isn't. I also loved how he sized up the bigger guy at the 3 point line and then drove by him for a bucket before the help defense got there. I really think he has an NBA game especially with his outside shot improving so much his last year at UCONN. We know he can drive against anyone and definitely play d. It looks like he knows he has to improve his decision making which he is doing also. I'm so rooting for the kid as he has improved so much with his time at UCONN because of hard work.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
No Nets on NBATV tonight and no link for the stream:mad: but looks like Boat has started off nicely with 2 of 3 from downtown in the first 7min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom