Upcoming Schedule | The Boneyard

Upcoming Schedule

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I’m mad. Big mad as the kids say. But let’s look ahead.

They have a really good opportunity to get some buffer on their record heading into their matchup with Nova:
St Johns (H)
Providence (A)
Butler (H)
Butler (A)
GTown (H)
DePaul (A)
Creighton (H)
Nova (A)

There’s a couple revenge games in there (Providence, GTown from last year), a team they have yet to beat once (Creighton) and a home & home with a bad Butler team.

If they want to be a top-2 team in this league this is the put up part of the schedule.

(Kenpom has us winning all these, with only Prov a near toss up)

Reaction Score

They have a really good opportunity to get some buffer on their record heading into their matchup with Nova:
St Johns (H)
Providence (A)
Butler (H)
Butler (A)
GTown (H)
DePaul (A)
Creighton (H)
Nova (A)

There’s a couple revenge games in there (Providence, GTown from last year), a team they have yet to beat once (Creighton) and a home & home with a bad Butler team.

If they want to be a top-2 team in this league this is the put up part of the schedule.

Need 6-1 here before Nova. At a minimum.

Reaction Score
6-1 is very achievable, 5 wins at a minimum puts us in a good spot

Reaction Score
Let's see if we can beat St John's at home before we try and beat the Friars in Providence. The Friars took 20 less shots, made 3 less field goals but went 26-30 from the free throw line while the Johnnies went 8-17. Reeves did not play it looks like. St John's will be a test based on matchups from last year.

Reaction Score
What if we go 4-3 and all the losses are close. We would be like 8 games away from being a top 5 team.
My Dad used to say "if the dog didn't stop to dump, it would have caught the rabbit". That's just as germane as DH telling us we're 14 points away from being undefeated and in the top five.

When the coach keeps telling us how close we are while the losses continue to add up it's not a good sign.

Reaction Score
I predict losses to SJU, Providence, Creighton, Nova and a wtff loss to Butler . I say we go 3-5 and stay on a bubble
The woman's board misses you, do you need helping find your way back over there?

Reaction Score
I predict losses to SJU, Providence, Creighton, Nova and a wtff loss to Butler . I say we go 3-5 and stay on a bubble
For the big east season, I predict we go 13-7 which would put us at 22-9 to wrap up the season. We'll win 2 games in the big east tourney and at that point be 24-10. We'll make it to the sweet 16 and finish 26-11.

Reaction Score
What if we go 4-3 and all the losses are close. We would be like 8 games away from being a top 5 team.

Many people are thrilled with close losses, what’s the problem lol?

This team is actually 4-4 the other 6 wins were Ws before the games were played. That’s pretty much who they are right now, a Top 40 team unable to close when they have a real chance to win. The pattern is concerning at best because they will be in that position much more often than you think. To be okay with your team shooting 60% from 3, out rebounding the other team by a ton and losing yet again is crazy. This was an awful loss, one of 3 this year. But hey, they’re fun to watch! :eek:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Many people are thrilled with close losses, what’s the problem lol?

This team is actually 4-4 the other 6 wins were Ws before the games were played. That’s pretty much who they are right now, a Top 40 team unable to close when they have a real chance to win. The pattern is concerning at best because they will be in that position much more often than you think. To be okay with your team shooting 60% from 3, out rebounding the other team by a ton and losing yet again is crazy. This was an awful loss, one of 3 this year. But hey, they’re fun to watch! :eek:
I agree. I saw the stats. Our boys took every stat but one I believe and lost.

Reaction Score
I really want to be optimistic. But that look like a .500 stretch. Playing good teams, and I expect close games.

In 30 games vs Kenpom top 50 in his UConn tenure, Hurley has a 20% winning percentage.
He has also coached in 30 games decided by two possessions or OT at UConn, 30% winning percentage.
For Kenpom top 100, he has a 37% winning percentage in 57 games.
73% vs Kenpom 101-150, so we should at least go 3-1 vs Georgetown, Butler 2x, and DePaul.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
It’s that 30% in close/OT games that is so frustrating. Hurley has got to find a way to improve that. We lost two this year already by having our guys basically stand around at the end until time ran out. Yes, our players have made mistakes but at some point you look at the trend and say does our coaching need improvement?

I am happy to see the rotations/lineups were a lot more dynamic in this last game - pretty sure there were combos on the floor we hadn’t seen before.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

St Johns (H)
Providence (A)
Butler (H)
Butler (A)
GTown (H)
DePaul (A)
Creighton (H)
Nova (A)

3-0 in the first 4, no reason they can’t win the next 3. Get that train rolling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom