Upcoming Rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Upcoming Rankings

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I totally agree with you there. I guess my point is, is that this season it’s seems that voters aren’t looking at the entire picture when making their decisions…because logically I don’t see how they have certain schools higher than others based their resumes alone. If they did, UConn without question should be in the top 10
Exactly. The voters aren’t scouring schedules and reading box scores. They might look at wins/losses, injury reports, and maybe margin of victory. They aren’t required to do extensive research and bias definitely comes into play. Carl Adamec from the Hartford Courant has UConn at #12 this week but a voter from, say, Texas might have them at #18 because that voter has seen them play once in a loss and doesn’t think the Huskies are that big of a deal.

The polls aren’t college exams, they’re beauty contests and not worth get upset about

Reaction Score
So long as a team keeps winning it's very rare that they get punished (i.e. moved down) because some other team had a good game. UConn will move up a position or 2, but that's due to other teams losing. Not because of style points on games that should be won anyhow.

We can debate the righteousness of this, but that's pretty much how it works.
I do think this happens quite a bit, particularly when other ratings (massey etc.) show a substantial difference. For Uconn their schedule works against them early in the season, but then it is frequently a self correcting scenario later when we begin the relatively easier Big East schedule, and others emerge from cupcakes to multiple top ranked teams with their own Power 5 competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom