Kan St @ #12 Texas, Sat@6
#15 Duke @ UVa, Sun@1
Ore @ #23 Ariz St, Sun @2
Aub @ TAMU, Sun@2
Mizzou @ #5 Miss St, Sun@230
Tenn @ Georgia, Sun@4
Perhaps biggest game of weekend
USC @ #8 Stanford, Fri@9 <- Tara goes for 1000​

The bolded games are likely the best of the bunch, but none of them will be able to be seen by most! (on PAC and LHN networks)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've got Oregon vs ASU and UT vs Georgia as interesting, with Duke vs UVa of some interest.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Been watching a lot of the PAC games lately (glad to have the channel).
Usually record and watch later. Will definitely be checking out the USC - Stanford game.
I'm trying to expand my WCBB horizons beyond Husky vision. ;)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
This weekend, the only matchup of 2 ranked teams is tonight

#11 Oregon St @ #23 Arizona St, 10pm​

Mildly interesting games:
St Johns @ #17 DePaul, Fri@8
#18 Okla @ Okla St, Sat@1
#15 Duke @ UVa, Sun@1
Aub @ TAMU, Sun@2
Tenn @ Georgia, Sun@4

The bolded games are likely the best of the bunch, but none of them will be able to be seen by most! (on PAC and LHN networks)

Duds? In my truth, the games are for the Universities, the student athletes, the coaches, the fans, indeed the parents. Not for you.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This weekend, the only matchup of 2 ranked teams is tonight

#11 Oregon St @ #23 Arizona St, 10pm​

Mildly interesting games:
St Johns @ #17 DePaul, Fri@8
#18 Okla @ Okla St, Sat@1
#15 Duke @ UVa, Sun@1
Aub @ TAMU, Sun@2
Tenn @ Georgia, Sun@4

Somehow you forgot to mention the big showdown of unbeatens in the Ivy League :cool:. Harvard (4-0 in Ivy) puts its 16-game win streak (3rd-longest win streak in WCBB DI, after UConn and Baylor) on the line at the Palestra vs. Penn (3-0).

Plebe

Reaction Score
Duds? In my truth, the games are for the Universities, the student athletes, the coaches, the fans, indeed the parents. Not for you.

I'm sure he meant "duds" in the most complimentary way possible. ;)

Reaction Score

Oh please. Clearly I was commenting on the noteworthiness of the games from a national rankings perspective. There is only 1 matchup between 2 ranked teams, and most of the other games featuring top teams should be fairly easy wins. Anyone looking for competitive games among top teams would not find much.

Reaction Score
Somehow you forgot to mention the big showdown of unbeatens in the Ivy League :cool:. Harvard (4-0 in Ivy) puts its 16-game win streak (3rd-longest win streak in WCBB DI, after UConn and Baylor) on the line at the Palestra vs. Penn (3-0).
Penn won that one very handily. I watched the game, and they were hyping "Ivy Madness". This is the first year the Ivy leagues will have a men's and women's basketball tournament. The game was at the Palestra, so a home game for Penn.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Penn won that one very handily. I watched the game, and they were hyping "Ivy Madness". This is the first year the Ivy leagues will have a men's and women's basketball tournament. The game was at the Palestra, so a home game for Penn.

I watched part of the first half, and the basket looked dime-sized for Harvard. They scored only 6 in the 1st quarter and went scoreless until about 2-something in the 2nd.

Reaction Score

Big loss for Crimson. They were #30 in AP & Coaches and #21 in the RPI.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Big loss for Crimson. They were #30 in AP & Coaches and #21 in the RPI.

Big things were expected of Penn this year. They won the Ivy last year (when second-place Princeton got an at-large bid) and they had almost everyone coming back. Somehow they underachieved in their nonconference.

Plebe

Reaction Score
DePaul survived a horrendous 4th quarter, in which they scored only 3 points, to beat St. John's by 3. DePaul was 9-of-19 from the foul line, including 1-of-6 in the 4th quarter. Luckily for Bruno's squad, SJ didn't shoot free throws much better.

DePaul really needs to get Jessica January back.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As someone who was a Yale fan while growing up in Milford and later a Penn student and instructor, I'm happy about the results. :)

Reaction Score
As someone who was a Yale fan while growing up in Milford and later a Penn student and instructor, I'm happy about the results. :)
I grew up in PA, an got my MBA at Penn. I always respected Penn basketball, and keep an eye on them. I am also a sympathetic rooter for every Ivy League team that makes the NCAA tournament.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I grew up in PA, an got my MBA at Penn. I always respected Penn basketball, and keep an eye on them. I am also a sympathetic rooter for every Ivy League team that makes the NCAA tournament.
Me too, re the Ivies. I was a PhD dropout (MA at Brown). My son has a MS from Columbia.

When I was at Penn, the team was nationally ranked and quite good. I spent more than a few nights studying with the game on TV.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In the last game of the night last night, Cal hung on to beat UCLA after almost blowing another lead in the final minutes. Cal needed this win badly to boost its chances of getting into the tournament.

West Virginia is in big trouble against Iowa State, down 19 after 3 quarters:
Streaming and On-Demand Video - WVU Athletics

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Me too, re the Ivies. I was a PhD dropout (MA at Brown). My son has a MS from Columbia.

When I was at Penn, the team was nationally ranked and quite good. I spent more than a few nights studying with the game on TV.
I visited the Princeton campus once..........................................
upload_2017-2-4_16-19-39.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom