Upcoming games: mostly duds | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Upcoming games: mostly duds

Reaction Score
A meaningful game between South Dakota and South Dakota State is going on this
afternoon for the Summit Conference lead.

Also, Green Bay just lost its second conference game in a row. I wonder when that
last happened?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A meaningful game between South Dakota and South Dakota State is going on this
afternoon for the Summit Conference lead.

Also, Green Bay just lost its second conference game in a row. I wonder when that
last happened?

The USD-SDSU game is their Duke-UNC rivalry. They love 'em some women's basketball in South Dakota.

I was curious about your Green Bay question, so I looked it up: January 2014. That was a relatively down year for GB; they lost in the 1st round of the WNIT.

Another oddity with Green Bay is that Oakland (the team that beat them Thursday) has been their nemesis of late, beating them 3 out of the last 4 (and 4 of the last 6) times they've played.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Lots of strange results this afternoon...

1. West Virginia was blown out by 13-10 Iowa State (4-7) conference...Iowa state?
2. Highly regarded mid-major Green Bay lost to Detroit Mercy...who the heck is that?
3. And Baylor let Texas Tech, 3-8 in conference hang around the whole game before pulling away to win by 18....if that happened to us, the board would convulse.

Reaction Score
. . . Highly regarded mid-major Green Bay lost to Detroit Mercy...who the heck is that? . . .

The third ranked team in the Horizon League - right behind second place (now) Green Bay.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor played its worst game of the year. Shots weren't falling, free throws weren't falling, Baylor wasn't fighting over screens, fouled too much,

Thank goodness for Kristy Wallace and Kalani Brown.

I think Baylor wasn't focused of TTU and may have already been looking forward to the Texas game.

Mulkey probably will have plenty to chew their asses about tomorrow.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Well, if tonight is any indication, Texas wasn't any better, letting Kansas Sate almost beat them while shooting a pretty mediocre 43%.

I especially liked the way K-State guarded Higgs, who (if I recall) was a royal pain in Bridgeport.
They laid way, way, off her; challenging her to shoot from the outside...she is even uncertain from the foul line. And she didn't...Difficult to penetrate if your outside shot is totally disrespected.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
At least we get to see how Texas and Baylor stack up Monday night.
I don't believe it will be close. Guess who won't let it be close? I believe you will be satisfied.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well, if tonight is any indication, Texas wasn't any better, letting Kansas Sate almost beat them while shooting a pretty mediocre 43%.

I especially liked the way K-State guarded Higgs, who (if I recall) was a royal pain in Bridgeport.
They laid way, way, off her; challenging her to shoot from the outside...she is even uncertain from the foul line. And she didn't...Difficult to penetrate if your outside shot is totally disrespected.
This season Higgs was not a factor against Uconn.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The third ranked team in the Horizon League - right behind second place (now) Green Bay.

Detroit hit 16 of 26 3-pointers, with six different players hitting at least one 3 (and five hitting at least two 3s). When a team gets hot like that, they can beat a lot of teams.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Baylor played its worst game of the year. Shots weren't falling, free throws weren't falling, Baylor wasn't fighting over screens, fouled too much,

Thank goodness for Kristy Wallace and Kalani Brown.

I think Baylor wasn't focused of TTU and may have already been looking forward to the Texas game.

Mulkey probably will have plenty to chew their asses about tomorrow.

What channel was the game on?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Im hoping the Duke-UVA game will be a dud... but i have a feeling it may be a flub. :oops:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't believe it will be close. Guess who won't let it be close? I believe you will be satisfied.

My guess is the players playing the game. Both teams will have to adjust
To the way the refs call the game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Now a 9-0 run for Duke...9-8, Blue Devils.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
End of 1st quarter in Charlottesville...

Duke leads Virginia, 23-13. Blue Devils finished the quarter on a 23-5 run, including 4 THREEs.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
End of 1st quarter in Charlottesville...

Duke leads Virginia, 23-13. Blue Devils finished the quarter on a 23-5 run, including 4 THREEs.

Please stop. This is not a game thread.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Surprised at the Duke-UVA result.... but I'm not gonna complain.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The battle of the Techs looks like it will be a battle to the finish. VPI needs this win in the worst way.

You thought Duke would lose?

I wouldnt have been shocked if they did. UVA scared me.... they play tough at home, and Duke struggles on the road. Plus we were due for a road clunker to a unranked conference foe. That seems to happen every year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
VPI is playing with 5 guards... all probably under the height of 5'1o. Their center is out with an injury.... their PF has 4 fouls. Scrappy effort on their part.

Plebe

Reaction Score
VPI is playing with 5 guards... all probably under the height of 5'1o. Their center is out with an injury.... their PF has 4 fouls. Scrappy effort on their part.

Hicks with another monster game, 29 points on 14-of-20 shooting, 6 assists and 6 steals.

Virginia Tech's at-large bid is now in serious jeopardy. They've now lost six in a row, and they next play Louisville and @NC State.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hicks with another monster game, 29 points on 14-of-20 shooting, 6 assists and 6 steals.

Virginia Tech's at-large bid is now in serious jeopardy. They've now lost six in a row, and they next play Louisville and @NC State.

I think if they can somehow get to 20 regular season wins and 1 win in the conference tourney... they can make it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom