Up one to #113 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Up one to #113

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I would suggest almost every team ranked below #80 would suffer similar blowouts against those three. Escpecially being consecutive games.

...but none of that matters. It's about metrics and performance, not W/L's, when it comes to these measurements.

Any positive coming off of our win over BC (with basically no offense to speak of) is more than offset by Cuse's performance against a fairly mediocre ND team, and NC State looking lifeless against V Tech.

Reaction Score
I’ve been watching CBS rankings all season. I don’t think they update the lower rankings until later in the week. Check other teams… Cinci says up one place, UCF down 13 yet UCF beat Cinci this week. Again, Rutgers is up 3 places, but got shut out bad by Minn while Minn is down 4 places. Oh, and how about this one, Ok St up one place after the drubbing they took from Boise. There are examples like this all through these rankings every week. I’ve checked a number of big games across multiple weeks and early in the week these rankings never reflect what happened over the weekend (at least out of the top 25).

Reaction Score
As I had suspected, the rankings were not yet updated. This is better. I expected a large swing but this is huge!

1667227110534.png

Reaction Score
They cracked the top 100, cool, and well deserved, but ahead of Ball St is kind of silly.

Reaction Score
They cracked the top 100, cool, and well deserved, but ahead of Ball St is kind of silly.
We should be ahead of ball st, if people start to realize we have guys who are filling in for starters and we’re not getting blown out by teams like ball st, then it shows how much we improved. On top of that, we should’ve beat ball st and we have played more tougher opponents than ball st has with backup players at qb, rb, and wr but hey what do I know.

Reaction Score
We should be ahead of ball st, if people start to realize we have guys who are filling in for starters and we’re not getting blown out by teams like ball st, then it shows how much we improved. On top of that, we should’ve beat ball st and we have played more tougher opponents than ball st has with backup players at qb, rb, and wr but hey what do I know.
Uconn lost to Ball St who also has a better record....

Reaction Score
We lost to Ball St because of coaching on offense not because they were better than us. Defense gave our offense plenty of opportunities get on the field and score. Plus tell me again who has Ball St played that is close to Fresno St, Utah St, BC, NC State, Syracuse, or Michigan? I bet if we had half the games Ball St has we will be winning against those teams. We have obviously played better competition

Reaction Score
We lost to Ball St because of coaching on offense not because they were better than us. Defense gave our offense plenty of opportunities get on the field and score. Plus tell me again who has Ball St played that is close to Fresno St, Utah St, BC, NC State, Syracuse, or Michigan? I bet if we had half the games Ball St has we will be winning against those teams. We have obviously played better competition
I am not taking a side in the debate, but BC and Utah State are bad teams, and I'm not sure how good Fresno State is.

Reaction Score

Ball State and UConn are comparable teams. Looked at simply, they did beat us, but winning a one possession game at home doesn't show much of a difference, and their only win out of the MAC was us. They don't have wins to compare to BC or Fresno State. You could make an argument either way.

Reaction Score
"because of" is, and has to be, irrelevant in ranking teams. Otherwise, you're ranking teams on upside potential instead of what they actually accomplished. As I've already done, you can make a strong argument that we should be ranked ahead of them, but "they won because of coaching" isn't one of them.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty much convinced that if Swenson didn't go down with the concussion (to add to the list of missing players) we win that game in Muncie.
That was a big loss!

Reaction Score
We’ve gone from a pathetic aimless program struggling for years with no hope to credibility and relevance in less than one season. Not bad. Not bad at all.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Michigan fan forum…

Reaction Score
To Nan: i checked the CBS sports rankings on Tuesday and they had UCONN at 99. That is a nice move of 14 slots.

Reaction Score
If you think we beat Fresno “convincingly,” you need corrective lenses. And in fairness, BC’s win over L’Ville is probably substantially better than any win we have. I think we’re a few spots too low as well fwiw, but we’ve lost to Ball State and Utah State. BC and Fresno haven’t.
Yeah right, so much for Vegas odds makers. I guess this all means we lose to UMess as well?

Reaction Score
Yeah right, so much for Vegas odds makers. I guess this all means we lose to UMess as well?

Logic much? What in the world does whether we beat Fresno State or beat Fresno State "convincingly, or whether we should be behind or ahead of BCU is meaningless rankings of all 131 teams, have to do with whether or not we'll beat UMass.

I have no issue with people who dislike me looking at posts to try to find something to attack, and goodness knows I'm not right all the time, but please do better than this.

Reaction Score
Logic much? What in the world does whether we beat Fresno State or beat Fresno State "convincingly, or whether we should be behind or ahead of BCU is meaningless rankings of all 131 teams, have to do with whether or not we'll beat UMass.

I have no issue with people who dislike me looking at posts to try to find something to attack, and goodness knows I'm not right all the time, but please do better than this.
Come talk to me about flawed logic, Vegas, and meaningless games if UConn basketball loses to Stonehill on Monday night and drops 12 or so spots. Have a great day counselor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom