UOP - Awe Before Shock | The Boneyard

UOP - Awe Before Shock

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"The girls were looking around a little wide-eyed when we walked in," Roberts said. "I told them I want them to enjoy the experience but not be in awe. But it's truly unbelievable, the amount of success they've had here with all of the banners and retired jerseys."

LINK

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"I want our players to compete and represent Pacific well," Roberts said. "You play the game to win, but at the end of the game I want to be a better team."

Coach Roberts has it right. As Meg Culmo said on Sunday, there are teams that won't play UConn; those coaches should call Coach Roberts for a second opinion. Good for her, I'll be rooting for Pacific (after tonight, of course).

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Twelve final fours, seven national championships, seven different players who have won NPOY awards, and a Huskies of Honor wall that includes 13 (I think) of the most recognizable names from the past 21 years of the sport. And that's just on the women's side. Pretty intimidating to walk into that environment, especially as a small school/program. Roberts might want to pull a Gene Hackman in Hoosiers, i.e., have them measure the demensions of the court/basket just to remind them that the "field" of play is exactly the same as it is anywhere else!

Still, it's always good to play the best programs if you have the opportunity. When you see how high the bar can be, it helps you actualize to the greatest extent possible.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Twelve final fours, seven national championships, seven different players who have won NPOY awards, and a Huskies of Honor wall that includes 13 (I think) of the most recognizable names from the past 21 years of the sport. And that's just on the women's side. Pretty intimidating to walk into that environment, especially as a small school/program. Roberts might want to pull a Gene Hackman in Hoosiers, i.e., have them measure the demensions of the court/basket just to remind them that the "field" of play is exactly the same as it is anywhere else!

Still, it's always good to play the best programs if you have the opportunity. When you see how high the bar can be, it helps you actualize to the greatest extent possible.
And 3 men's national championships, including last year's trophy.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
2004_04_24_uconn_1.jpg

Reaction Score
We are all lucky as UCONN Fans to be part of such a great program. Not every fan base has a team that is in the National Championship hunt just about every year.

Reaction Score
Meghan P. Has said numerous times on the Geno show it's hard to get teams to come to Storrs and play UCONN. My question is why?

Reaction Score
Meghan P. Has said numerous times on the Geno show it's hard to get teams to come to Storrs and play UCONN. My question is why?

My feeling is that many teams would want UConn to schedule a home and home. UConn, holding the cards, can pretty much nix any such requests as it so chooses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom