Unreal effort. Unreal call. | The Boneyard

Unreal effort. Unreal call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Really, Boyle is the problem?

Yes. Putting the ball in the hands of the statistically worse and second worse rated qualified QB in FBS the pas5 two seasons was a dumb call.

Boyle isn't the problem. Diacos call was.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Competitive game, entertaining as a UConn fan despite the scoring. It was nice to get a taste of the SEC, that's all I can say. I like Diaco's go big or go home mentality. Today he went big AND he's going home.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm gonna say the special teams making the trip was the problem. Hate the fake call. DO go for it or do not, None of this halfazz nonsense.

Reaction Score
It's easy to be disappointed with the fake-FG call since it didn't work. But I didn't mind it. Our kicking game has been suspect all year and we were a huge underdog on the road to a ranked SEC team. Might as well go balls to the wall.

If we were going to go for it, I would've like to see the offense out there, but I can't be too upset with the call.

Reaction Score
It's easy to be disappointed with the fake-FG call since it didn't work. But I didn't mind it. Our kicking game has been suspect all year and we were a huge underdog on the road to a ranked SEC team. Might as well go balls to the wall.

If we were going to go for it, I would've like to see the offense out there, but I can't be too upset with the call.

the first fake field goal attempt was good. on the tarbutt field goal attempt and the last play of the game we should have gone for it with the offense

Reaction Score
Bryant is the QB for plays like that. He was born for 4th and 4 with the game on the line. The similar play earlier caught them off guard and Boyle made a bad throw. Mizzou knew it was coming and the results were worse.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
the first fake field goal attempt was good. on the tarbutt field goal attempt and the last play of the game we should have gone for it with the offense

This x 1000000

Reaction Score

The offense was clicking and the special teams were bad. Yet, Diaco tries to win the game with a struggling unit. I don't get ow you were okay with that call.

Reaction Score
That call is okay if that was the first time in the game you tried it, but not after showing you were willing to try it before, at least not the same fake

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I just don't understand..
Look at it this way. UConn football sucks, and in a sucky conference. In order for this program to become something, Diaco has to do things out of the ordinary, balls to the wall. If by some chance the 22-year-old mediocre kicker makes a 42 yarder to send it to OT against an SEC team on the road, we STILL haven't won the game. Had we converted the fake, it would be all over TV everywhere-big upset, big finish-and hopefully put UConn on the map A LITTLE BIT, AND we would be 3-0, AND we would enter the national picture a little bit.

Some play calling was questionable and situationally this team is garbage, but Diaco went all or nothing, and you have to in order to become something in college football.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Me: coaching staff put the ball in his hands -- cant blv they thought that was our bet shot at four yards... and then they threw deep instead of at the stick(4:08am)
Me: sh8t they had a minute to work with(4:10am)
Me: gr8 game on defense though...(4:10am)
WestCoastHusky: I dont mind the call(4:12am)
WestCoastHusky: I just wih Sheriff is the QB instead of Boyle(4:12am)
Scoe: yeah I wanted the game to be in Sherrifs hands, thats like benching kemba and putting donned beverly in to hit the gw shot(4:13am)
Me: I don't get running at the end zone when you needed four yds... get the 1st run three more plays and you still a fg shot(4:14am)
Scoe: yep you also have to be in a tempo on the road especially which we were an that timeout gave mizzou time to gather them selves and froze uconn get the 1st and only use the timeouts if you absolutely need them(4:17am)
Me: they had not seen that empty set - we were moving; a short crossing/pick play for the slant or flat gets you four(4:18am)
Me: plus spread em out and bs has a run option -- that fake was a one option play bloom or nothing(4:19am)
Me: at least the way boyle ran it(4:20am)
Me: on the road ; sec; decent team (although mizzou is prob overrated) can't be pissed at the loss, but at the totally missed opportunity.. replace the fake fg's with 6 pts and we win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom