Unofficial visit | The Boneyard

Unofficial visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
ASGR is reporting via AAU Coach that Erica McCall will be on campus this weekend for an unofficial.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Here is the tweet:

“@ASGR1995: According to Cal Sparks AAU coach Elbert Kinnebrew #7 Erica McCall 6-3 F 2013 from Bakersfield CA will be at UCONN unofficially this weekend”

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Cool. Supposed to be nice this weekend too. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Enjoy, Erica! Be sure to note the trophies, banners, and names on the wall.

Reaction Score
Nice to hear that Erica is still very interested in UCONN otherwise she would not fly across the country on an unofficial visit. This is very good news for UCONN. Hopefully UCONN will offer her a scholarship.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Very encouraging that she's interested enough to take the cross-country trip on her own dime.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Remember that Geno went to see her play in California right after our game at Oklahoma.
I hear she is very athletic and a hard worker. Great news that she is making the long trek to Storrs.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the occasion.

Yes, I agree. And I wouldn't be surprised if she is the first 2013 verbal for UConn.

JS

Reaction Score
Yes, I agree. And I wouldn't be surprised if she is the first 2013 verbal for UConn.

Would be nice to see that 2013 logjam start to break up . . .

logjam.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reminder: Erica McCall is DeWanna Bonner's sister. DeWanna was a high school All-American, college All-American at Auburn, and the #5 pick in the WNBA draft. She has played for Phoenix--and with Diana--for the past 3 seasons.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Reminder: Erica McCall is DeWanna Bonner's sister. DeWanna was a high school All-American, college All-American at Auburn, and the #5 pick in the WNBA draft. She has played for Phoenix--and with Diana--for the past 3 seasons.
;)

Reaction Score
In case anyone missed it amid all the Tweet techno-flotsam, ASGR has McCall ranked at #7 in the high school class of 2013.

Reaction Score
In case anyone missed it amid all the Tweet techno-flotsam, ASGR has McCall ranked at #7 in the high school class of 2013.

Yes, Erica is highly ranked and is a very hard worker that wants to improve. She does seem to be a perfect fit for UCONN.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Wouldn't that be a sweet demo of the UC/Geno juice! I am getting an official visit from a daughter in Massachusetts who is finally coming to the land she loves...for good....MT!:)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Side note - she's ranked 14 per blue star (Linnae Harper is #8 on their site). PBR only lists their top 10 and she's not in it. i've never seen her play, but she sounds a bit like a Kiah Stokes type of player - hovering around the top 10 per most analysts, and an athletic hard worker with good potential. She'd have the perfect situation at UCONN - Stef would be a senior, Kiah a junior. sure she'd be playing behind them for a year or 2, but by her junior year, she'd have the chance to start.

Normally we always talk about how centers take time to develop (a year or two). but Stef was thrown in the deep end her freshman year and performed admirably. Kiah also came on very strong at the end of her freshman year. Liz Williams was very good for the entire year. it appears to me that there's a difference between "raw" posts who will take a year or two to develop, and kids who are able to contribute from day 1.

then again, it's great to see the improvement from the kids we see every single game. Stef stumbled a bit early in the year, but was really good at the end and i think she will be even more consistent her junior year. Hopefully Kiah continues to develop on a path she saw for herself the last third of the season. i love our post players!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Normally we always talk about how centers take time to develop (a year or two). but Stef was thrown in the deep end her freshman year and performed admirably. Kiah also came on very strong at the end of her freshman year. Liz Williams was very good for the entire year. it appears to me that there's a difference between "raw" posts who will take a year or two to develop, and kids who are able to contribute from day 1.
I think there are always exceptions to the post development curve - but I think a lot depends on the team they come into as well. Part of why Stef developed so quickly, and why she 'slumped' in her second year was Maya. The attention Maya demanded and her passing ability on the offensive end, and her ability to help defensively got the best out of Stef. Without that, we saw more of a 'natural curve' for her. I think Kiah and more athletic Forward/Centers like Williams have an easier learning curve - but what we saw with Kiah was a slow build, and I hope we continue to see that as she learns her strength and really uses it. She could be a monster, but she aint there yet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't that be a sweet demo of the UC/Geno juice! I am getting an official visit from a daughter in Massachusetts who is finally coming to the land she loves...for good....MT!:)

Just as long as I don't get pushed off the branch I'm cool with it! ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Enjoy, Erica! Be sure to note the trophies, banners, and names on the wall.

It is sort of a Hoosiers' moment for a lot of kids I suspect ... rim is still the same height in both home courts of UCWBB! :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Very encouraging that she's interested enough to take the cross-country trip on her own dime.

Yikes, I didn't know that! You the factoid boneyarders nonpariel alexrgct :) 'Course I have been preoccupied with editing graduate thesies proposals and such for last 3-4 weeks. Did get the old tax return in Sunday morning though!:D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
JS you deserve a LIKE for the pic which is classicly appropriate! BRAVO
Ira

Agreed. Don't get between the logs ... on the inside at UConn for the next few years or so! :) Don't be the last log outta the jam.;) Terrible problems to have are they not!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom