uniforms | The Boneyard

uniforms

Reaction Score
Yup, that again...

Just wondering aloud what that situation will look like for us this year

Reaction Score
Probably the same unis as the last few years. Haven't heard otherwise.

Reaction Score
I agree. I’d say don’t redesign them in a big way every few years. Minor tweaks are ok. I like 1 helmet though. Just pick a design and stick with it (as long as it isn’t the dog eyes!). My preference is White with blue C. Wear all white on the road and blue with white pants at home. I think those look best. Have one alt jersey for homecoming that looks sort of like the 3rd hockey jersey.

Reaction Score
I like this uni combo - blue on white on blue roadies like the Big East days

IMG_9826.jpeg

Reaction Score
I could do without the grey inside the numbers... I'd rather go blue-white-blue

Reaction Score
I agree. I’d say don’t redesign them in a big way every few years. Minor tweaks are ok. I like 1 helmet though. Just pick a design and stick with it (as long as it isn’t the dog eyes!). My preference is White with blue C. Wear all white on the road and blue with white pants at home. I think those look best. Have one alt jersey for homecoming that looks sort of like the 3rd hockey jersey.
Why not take the logo off the white helmet and paint a blue center stripe. The we can be mini Penn State. There are better models with uniform flash that today's athletes like.

Reaction Score
this weekend's uniforms are awesome.

IMO white OR blue helmets, with block C and middle stripe, are absolutely gorgeous. The uniforms are clean enough, for now - they need to upgrade to something amazing and fresh once we land in a conference.

Reaction Score
White helmet with blue Block C with the blue stripe is THE classic look (think B1G!). Works well with every combo. The blue helmet with the white Block C with the white stripe is the next best choice.

Get rid of the "husky head" helmets from the past few years. They scream "G5"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
would anyone be interested in seeing some (likely hand-drawn) uniform idea renderings? I used to do pencil drawings in my youth and have been looking for a new down-time hobby to get my creative juices flowing again. I have many ideas for cool uniform concepts, and would love to be able to share with you all and get feedback.

If you're interested, please like my post :)

BTW - I'm aware that the example below is crap execution, i made it in a basic photo editor in like 5 minutes. sharing for concept only, not for real - please be kind

capitol of the world.jpg

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
would anyone be interested in seeing some (likely hand-drawn) uniform idea renderings? I used to do pencil drawings in my youth and have been looking for a new down-time hobby to get my creative juices flowing again. I have many ideas for cool uniform concepts, and would love to be able to share with you all and get feedback.

If you're interested, please like my post :)

BTW - the example below is crap, i made it in a basic photo editor in like 5 minutes. sharing for concept only, not for real.

View attachment 103502
I'll tell you honestly, a few years ago someone posted a concept helmet that had that older logo on it, and I absolutely loved it. I thought of that logo as sticking his tongue out to mock opponents. If the BBall team can look good with their throwbacks, so can the football team. I think that Husky pic you have is better than the new one (which to me is too small on the helmets...a larger version of the newer logo on a white helmet looks sharper).

Reaction Score
I'll tell you honestly, a few years ago someone posted a concept helmet that had that older logo on it, and I absolutely loved it. I thought of that logo as sticking his tongue out to mock opponents. If the BBall team can look good with their throwbacks, so can the football team. I think that Husky pic you have is better than the new one (which to me is too small on the helmets...a larger version of the newer logo on a white helmet looks sharper).
new husky logo navy helmet is trash. agreed.
thx for feedback

Reaction Score
Any number of combos OK. Block C helmet a must. Please no black shoes. Makes you look like a High School team.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I don't really care what they look like. They could wear gray and red if they want and if they're winning games, that's fine with me.

Reaction Score
thank you stone cold steve austin!
i love this.
if this ground has been trod, maybe i'll skip the basketball concept and try my quirkier ones.
I love the idea of tying the UConn brand around basketball. That blue and red stripe combo just visually looks like UConn. You know who it is without having to read the uniform or look at the logo.

Reaction Score
Stop with the old Samoyed logo. Our Husky logo is now the standard. We need to be forward looking. If you’d like a larger version on the helmet, fine, but no more fluffy Jonathan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stop with the old Samoyed logo. Our Husky logo is now the standard. We need to be forward looking. If you’d like a larger version on the helmet, fine, but no more fluffy Jonathan.
Lol, he mentioned this concept so I posted a picture of it. You don't need to be triggered by it. Just keep scrolling.

(For what it's worth, though, we can agree that the current logo is is a "standard" (aka generic) husky. I prefer the 80 years of tradition when we were the only team in the country that had a white husky as our mascot. The decision to abandon that was foolish and bad marketing, but let's not derail the thread by rehashing it.)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom