Uniform Update-Is A Change Coming? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uniform Update-Is A Change Coming?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Actually a single letter isn't really an NFL look:
nfl_team_revolution_speed_helmets_2017_by_chenglor55-db687tg.png
Well, some teams have letters.

Giants, Packers, Bears, 49 'ers, Chiefs.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
White helmet.
Block C, silver trim.
Thick national flag blue stripe.
National flag blue facemask.
Small outline of Connecticut on the front.
"Derpy 1959 Husky" helmet stickers when earned.

Sounds like a plan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why would we be getting rid of red trim when it's been on all the other UConn team's uniforms forever? The point of the rebranding was to make the look of all the athletic teams similar. Why do people want to get away from that again now?

You want the block C so badly, why not have that with a little red trim on the uniforms? Why not incorporate the block C as a secondary logo for the other athletic teams? Holy cow, this isn't rocket science.

Reaction Score
Why would we be getting rid of red trim when it's been on all the other UConn team's uniforms forever? The point of the rebranding was to make the look of all the athletic teams similar. Why do people want to get away from that again now?

You want the block C so badly, why not have that with a little red trim on the uniforms? Why not incorporate the block C as a secondary logo for the other athletic teams? Holy cow, this isn't rocket science.

New uniforms are on the way on 2019. I personally love the national flag blue, white and silver uniforms more than the red. I think Diaco pushed the red in the uniforms more during his tenure. Edsall wants to bring the old tradition back. I will say the grey uniforms are pretty sweet, even with the husky on the helmet. But I’m all on board with a classic Connecticut look that will never change. All the big time programs rarely change their logos and uniforms and it gives all generations something to relate to.

Reaction Score
New uniforms are on the way on 2019. I personally love the national flag blue, white and silver uniforms more than the red. I think Diaco pushed the red in the uniforms more during his tenure. Edsall wants to bring the old tradition back. I will say the grey uniforms are pretty sweet, even with the husky on the helmet. But I’m all on board with a classic Connecticut look that will NEVER change. All the big time programs rarely change their logos and uniforms and it gives all generations something to relate to.

While I like the look of the past three years, I could live with the block C. I would prefer red trim over silver, and I agree that all athletic teams should follow the same template. Its all about branding. That is why I wish we would settle on something and make it ours for the next 50 years. I strongly agree with the the bolded statement above.

Reaction Score
I think it's about 50-50 on red vs. silver here. There's definitely no consensus.

I like it. More important is consistent branding. Let's keep it (minimizing it is OK) and then revisit when its time to renew/replace the Nike contract.

Reaction Score
I think it's about 50-50 on red vs. silver here. There's definitely no consensus.

I'm good with or without the red. I love the block C and think it's the best look. I haven't really seen a recent uni I'm appalled by and the variety is attractive to recruits. Personal preference would be to have a main uni (block C) for 7 or 8 games and then diff alts for the others. Pull out the alts for special games, night games, fenway/neutral site, high profile opponents etc.

Reaction Score
If our colors are "national flag blue" and white, wouldn't it make sense to have a little red trim in there too?

Always thought it was a good accent color. Just got used too much in Disco Bob's regime.

Reaction Score
Will we still get those grey alternates? Those are my favorite in recent memory

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If our colors are "national flag blue" and white, wouldn't it make sense to have a little red trim in there too?

Always thought it was a good accent color. Just got used too much in Disco Bob's regime.

Especially in his choice of pants.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It’s not either or. The silver on the helmet Randy tweeted looks awesome. The red on our grey alternative helmet looks good. Red has long been featured on our hoops uniforms.

I’d be happy with that block C helmet and blue and white uniforms with a touch of silver. But keep the Husky logo helmet as our alternate. And use mini husky logos (not derpy) the way Ohio State uses Buckeyes.

Reaction Score
It’s not either or. The silver on the helmet Randy tweeted looks awesome. The red on our grey alternative helmet looks good. Red has long been featured on our hoops uniforms.

I’d be happy with that block C helmet and blue and white uniforms with a touch of silver. But keep the Husky logo helmet as our alternate. And use mini husky logos (not derpy) the way Ohio State uses Buckeyes.

Simple solution: Block C on the helmet & move the Husky logo to the side of the shoulder of the jersey in lieu of players numeral. Put the numeral over the top of the shoulder.

Reaction Score
Simple solution: Block C on the helmet & move the Husky logo to the side of the shoulder of the jersey in lieu of players numeral. Put the numeral over the top of the shoulder.
Coachcap is on the right track. I could go either way, with Block C on sleeve or helmet and new Husky logo vice versa. Only thing is I say keep it simple from there, no additional numbers except back and front.

Reaction Score
Just going to go on record saying that this is a terrible idea and Randy needs to fall in line with the rest of the athletic department. We just spent a good deal of money on a large rebranding effort and going to a completely one-off uniform for a key sport negates all of that and makes us look small-time. And yes I am aware that the baseball team uses the cursive C on their hats - this is a way bigger deal. AD Dave needs to rein him in.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just going to go on record saying that this is a terrible idea and Randy needs to fall in line with the rest of the athletic department. We just spent a good deal of money on a large rebranding effort and going to a completely one-off uniform for a key sport negates all of that and makes us look small-time. And yes I am aware that the baseball team uses the cursive C on their hats - this is a way bigger deal. AD Dave needs to reign him in.

I thought Nike paid for it.

Reaction Score
Just going to go on record saying that this is a terrible idea and Randy needs to fall in line with the rest of the athletic department. We just spent a good deal of money on a large rebranding effort and going to a completely one-off uniform for a key sport negates all of that and makes us look small-time. And yes I am aware that the baseball team uses the cursive C on their hats - this is a way bigger deal. AD Dave needs to rein him in.

Randy has gone on record saying he’d like a throwback/retro option... only on the BY has that grown to a season long remake I believe.

Reaction Score
Well Nike provided the redesign for nothing. Great example of getting what you pay for. The clip art dog cannot be consigned to the ash heap of history fast enough for my taste.

Reaction Score

"Randy has lost control of his team's uniforms!"

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

You had me until you said "not derpy".

I agree with everything else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom