Uniform Update-Is A Change Coming? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uniform Update-Is A Change Coming?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If a change in uniform or helmet logo will allow next year's defense to tackle with their shoulder instead of forearm and decrease the corner cushion, I'm all for it. Alas, I doubt it will significantly improve attendance or results on its own.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like the logo over the Block C. I think the logo should be a little larger on the side of the helmet. I also liked the helmets with the frontal eyes, but I am in the minority with both opinions.
Make it 10% larger and rotate it 10 degrees to the right and it would look a lot better.

I'm not a big fan of the Block C either. I don't dislike it, it was fine. But if Randy uses it as a tie to past success and the kids buy into that, I'm all in. Minimally, I'd find a way to incorporate it selectively, either as an alt uni or helmet stickers.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Big fan of helmet stickers. I hate that more schools don't do it. I remember playing NCAA 2000-something on the PlayStation II ('03 I think. All D-1A teams were included and UConn was an Independent). Terry Caulley accumulated about 126 dog bone stickers...

Okay, okay so I played the first two years on Varsity, as opposed to Heisman or All-American. What of it?

Reaction Score
Meaningless unless the new logo is also ditched. The new logo sucks...ask anyone who lives elsewhere if they can identify the team that the old logo represents. Now ask them about the new logo. Maybe a minor league baseball team?

Reaction Score
Keep them all! I’d love it even as an option! How many schools have 2..3...4 different helmets! The kids love it! Get a nice matte National Flag blue helmet. The white with the block C and that grey with the chrome husky.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why the silver/grey accent color keeps coming up....

CL82

Reaction Score
I actually like the silver around the Block C quite a bit. It looks better than the grey.
uconn+helmet_722_406.jpg

The blue Block C on a white helmet looks good.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A bit too Ivy League for my taste. I like it better that the current gear but, I like blue helmets best.

As for the use of red. The absolute best uniforms going right now in all of NCAA-land are on TV9 right now. The UConn "Miracle on Ice" home hockey sweaters. Reason enough to keep red around.

They also just scored twice in the time it took to type this.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I like it!![/QUOTE]
LOVE It!!! It is a symbolic of the greatest era of UConn football. Bring it back!!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

I like it!!

I like when we go toward the professional, NFL look and away from current fads or the high school look.

The white helmet, block C, and silver trim appears professional and very classy.

Reaction Score
I don't hate our new logo and our current helmet, but the block C is preferable. It's simple, masculine, and memorable. For UConn football branding purposes, we cannot do better than the block C.

Trust me, I have a marketing degree.
Well, I don't have a marketing degree and I agree with you. You forgot to add "classy" when discussing the Block C. Along with the center stripe, the Block C says understated class. That is exactly how we want our state portrayed. Not some flamboyant look at us type uniform. While they are at it, get rid of all red trim. We hate red, and we love blue.

CL82

Reaction Score
I like when we go toward the professional, NFL look and away from current fads or the high school look.

The white helmet, block C, and silver trim appears professional and very classy.
Actually a single letter isn't really an NFL look:
nfl_team_revolution_speed_helmets_2017_by_chenglor55-db687tg.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom