Uniform Update-Is A Change Coming? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Uniform Update-Is A Change Coming?

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Block C is more like a Saturn, trying to imitate another brand but everybody knows the product isn't anything special.
The block C represents the greatest period of football success in our history. There were 26 NFL players at one time that wore the block C. Any school in the country would call that a Mercedes!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When they initially presented to us, Nike actually recommended that we keep the Block ‘C.’ Warde didn’t want to. That helmet, it really was interesting. We went through the whole rebrand and Coach Pasqualoni really had no opinion one way or the other. Warde helped design that helmet literally on a computer, it was not a high level design firm. He tried to make it like the Michigan helmet.”

“Nike had presented and shared with us some pretty cool looks,” he continued. “None of them had the Block ‘C’ at that point because we had already scuttled it, but I actually was showing the equipment guy some of the different options they had presented and the one with the eyes were by far and away the worst option. But Warde saw those and he was all-in.

Well there it is then.
#BlameWarde

Reaction Score
Block C plays well with grey haired traditionalists and the Land of Steady Habits. Recruits, not so much.
Having something that looks like Yoda on the helmet is more contemporary.
upload_2018-1-1_13-4-38.jpeg

Would have been better than the little guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If our colors are "national flag blue" and white, wouldn't it make sense to have a little red trim in there too?

Always thought it was a good accent color. Just got used too much in Disco Bob's regime.
No longer national flag blue. I was corrected by some admin. I think it's a custom blue or something.

Reaction Score
ditch the tapering stripe, either a solid one all the way or none at all

I like ur idea. I didn’t make these uniforms just found them on google images and fell in love with them. Ur right about the stripe it looks dumb.

I am in favor of the white helmets on white uniforms and the blue on blue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom