UNH Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UNH Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Donovan and Samson looked great!

Samson had some real big-boy rebounds and that block he had was incredible. Wish they had shown a replay

Refs completely killed game flow in the 2nd half

Poor Hass got a horrible whistle

Get some good practices in and let’s go beat Kansas!

Reaction Score
That was really ugly. Defense was solid other than the foul calls and the guy with the nose plug hitting everything (or missing everything with airballs).

Alex was terrible. He let the 3 point misses get to him and it took him out of the rest of his game. But nobody was particularly good outside the centers. It happens. And we did win by 20. Throw out the tape and move on.

Reaction Score
He’s hardly shooting at the rim and that’s much easier to get down.

We literally watched Andre spend 3 years working on his 3 point shot and ignoring attacking the rim until it was too late. It’ll really piss me off if Solo makes the same mistake of wasting time trying to prove he can shoot rather than making sure he can use his clear advantage.
He'd taken 23 3 point shots and 17 shots at the the rim going into tonight, so that's not true. And the fact that shots at the rim are so much easier to get down is exactly why I have no issue with the shot disparity. These are the games to do that, because in close games he can't be just chucking up 3's

Reaction Score
That was a C- game. We got absolutely nothing from the freshman. Ball went backwards again tonight. So did Diarra. Karaban was lost. Clingan and Johnson destroyed them. 20 point win. Nice to blow away teams when you play so poorly.

Hope to goodness they got that out of their system.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He'd taken 23 3 point shots and 17 shots at the the rim going into tonight, so that's not true. And the fact that shots at the rim are so much easier to get down is exactly why I have no issue with the shot disparity. These are the games to do that, because in close games he can't be just chucking up 3's
There’s no reason a 21% 3 point shooter who’s an elite athlete should take more 3s than 2s. He needs to be like Castle and only take a 3 if it’s his last option. But the first thought is always attack.

He should’ve been spending this game making sure he can attack. Because that’s the best bet at his success moving forward.

If you disagree then we’ll just disagree.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Samson had some real big-boy rebounds and that block he had was incredible. Wish they had shown a replay

This is pretty much it. Good game for DC and Johnson. I am confident Newton and Karaban have already forgotten about their shooting tonight. Diarra isn't going to let the refs' whistles tonight affect how he plays against Kansas.

Benefit of having veterans who have had success is they can dismiss tonight as a one off game and move on to the next goal. Beat Kansas.

Reaction Score
That game was awful, but it could be worse. We could be Xavier fans. What happened to them tonight?

Reaction Score
There’s no reason a 21% 3 point shooter who’s an elite athlete should take more 3s than 2s. He needs to be like Castle and only take a 3 if it’s his last option. But the first thought is always attack.

He should’ve been spending this game making sure he can attack. Because that’s the best bet at his success moving forward.

You keep entirely missing my point or at least ignoring everything I say, so yes happy to disagree and move on here

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Samson is a literal pogo stick out there. The backdoor pass he made to Newton was great to see. He’s looking like a great asset and another change of pace big similar to last year.

Reaction Score

To be fair, that 21% number is with a very small sample size. He’s ice cold right now. He’s not Andre Jackson — Solo can actually shoot it.

Reaction Score
Solo Ball right now is a more athletic Hassan Diarra. Only starting because Castle is injured and we don't have someone better. The threes he had were wide open.

Newton would have had another triple double if not for the bad shooting from the perimeter today.

Not worried about Alex Karaban. He shows up in big games.

Cam Spencer had his usual steady good performance. Samson is showing himself to being a productive player.

Reaction Score
I forgot to add that I think that overall Karaban did a real nice job on D vs Daniels. The box score doesn’t make it seem like it, but Alex pretty much shut him down during all 1-on-1 situations

Reaction Score
Yes agreed. I was thinking the same thing about AK. His worst game as a Husky. I had made a comment about his ball rotation on his shot a few games ago. I heard Lapas make the same comment during the game. What was that rocket pass to Clingan or should I say attempted pass. He played decent defense in the second half but that’s about the only positive thing I saw from him tonight. Oh well can’t be great every game. Not worried about him.
I thought I heard the announcers say he had his finger taped up or something. I wonder how much that affected his shooting/passing.

Reaction Score
Fordham squashed the Jaspers 93-61. That was just slightly worse mathematically than UConn's beatdown, 90-60.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
To be fair, that 21% number is with a very small sample size. He’s ice cold right now. He’s not Andre Jackson — Solo can actually shoot it.
Even more of a reason to work on something that you can never be ice cold at over a long period of time.

Newton was 0-5 from 3 today too. But took 11 2s and got to the FT line 9 times (5-9 on the 2s too so it wasn’t like he was perfect). So it didn’t even matter.

Making your game live and die by the 3 when you have all that athletic talent is so stupid and it genuinely pisses me off because the kid works too hard and has too much talent to be playing this bad.

Reaction Score
Up 15 at half but felt like 25. They made some dumb threes. #3 was laughing after 2 of his 5 first half threes because he knew they had no business going in

Very sloppy second half and frankly very boring to watch. Lots of whistles, missed shots, and ugly play. Hurley will have it cleaned up before Kansas

But at the end of the day, we played our C game at best and won by 20. New record for consecutive OOC double digit wins!

My favorite parts -
  • Force feeding Clingan last game paid off. Looked very comfortable today leading to a career high in scoring
  • Newton’s shot was off but he would have had an easy triple double if we didn’t miss every shot
  • Diarra had 2 strip steals within 1 minute of coming in. Then forced another turnover right after. He fouled out today but I’d say only 2-3 of his 5 fouls were actual fouls
  • Solid game from Samson as well, including a BEAUTIFUL pass to a cutting Newton for a layup
  • It was funny watching #4 talk trash all game, flop his way to the line, then shoot 7-14 on his FTs
Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Samson is a literal pogo stick out there. The backdoor pass he made to Newton was great to see. He’s looking like a great asset and another change of pace big similar to last year.
The thing I like best about Samson is he goes up strong and dunks it seemingly every time. For as big as Clingan is, I would think he would be able to do this as well, but it seems like he settles for layups or little hook shots. Just dunk the ball!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom