unfair to old-timers | The Boneyard

unfair to old-timers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like the new site; but, I think that is a little sad that the long-time posters lose their posting numbers. Its like taking medals away from soldiers. Is there any way that they could be put back on? I had only 15; so, I'm saying it for them. They might think it's silly to bring it up; but, I liked seeing the numbers.

Perhaps, it's a small thing, since you are all about to be washed away in the hurricane. I grew up in Willimantic. One year a huge tree missed hitting my house by a few feet. I t was great to play in until it was cut up and removed.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
ice bear was the winner in that with over 30,000 posts. i had a good number too and there were several others around the 20,000 range. even Cam (dookie) when he came to our site had over 15,000 posts but i'm not sure if those were all UCONN posts or if it somehow added his posts on the Devil's Den...

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I don't care about that so much as the designation "new member". I don't quite date back all the way with Suzyq but I was a devoted McD's follower and came over in 99 or 00 when he gave it up.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Honestly, I am glad to be relieved of the burden of those 35,000 posts. I'd rather posts be judged by the content, good or bad, than by the number of posts, for better or worse.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't care about that so much as the designation "new member". I don't quite date back all the way with Suzyq but I was a devoted McD's follower and came over in 99 or 00 when he gave it up.
So change it. Go to Your Profile Page by clicking on the pull down menu next to your handle (top right of your page). Then go to Personal Details and Custom Title.

Reaction Score
Actually, it is good for me, a fresh start. I was mostly a lurker before, had only 75 or 80 posts. I tried to change that "new member" designation on my profile page but couldn't see where....
So now I have one post!!

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
I confess to being a follower of ICE - usually posting a "+1" in recent years. The switch should have enabled those who also participate on TWITTER and Facebook to share thoughts that way? Instead of an aerial view of the Saugatuck Reservoir as my avatar, I selected a detail of an older one of my watercolor paintings - a nice still life including an empty bottle of wine!

I thought much of the BY would appreciate this watercolor better!:)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So change it. Go to Your Profile Page by clicking on the pull down menu next to your handle (top right of your page). Then go to Personal Details and Custom Title.

Not seeing 'Custom Title' in Personal Details?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not seeing 'Custom Title' in Personal Details?
The Personal Details page has:

Status Message (at the top)
Custom Title (just below the avatar)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Honestly, I am glad to be relieved of the burden of those 35,000 posts. I'd rather posts be judged by the content, good or bad, than by the number of posts, good or bad.

I like your change of approach. Think about how burdensome we found those posts. (Sass carries over from the old board.) :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The Personal Details page has:

Status Message (at the top)
Custom Title (just below the avatar)

Just below my avatar "tab" if you will, is "gender". there is no place for Custom Title on my Personal Details Page. maybe that's an admin function only?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just below my avatar "tab" if you will, is "gender". there is no place for Custom Title on my Personal Details Page. maybe that's an admin function only?

It is a Nan only privilege. A terrifying thought. It was something only Fishy could do on the old board.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It is a Nan only privilege. A terrifying thought. It was something only Fishy could do on the old board.
Well I can see this is going to require some thought. Hmmmm....

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Oh boy will this be a fun feature

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well I can see this is going to require some thought. Hmmmm....
Oh i'm psyched Nan. it will require some cleverness on your part, but you can go thru and mess with all of us!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Honestly, I am glad to be relieved of the burden of those 35,000 posts. I'd rather posts be judged by the content, good or bad, than by the number of posts, for better or worse.
Yeah, but they were all good!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I feel like we need theme music given we are all new members again. Maybe Madonna's "Like a Virgin" an appropriately ironic tune for a bunch of geriatric holdovers.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
ICE--

Among those 35,000, I for sure won't forget your trials a few years ago over the broken leg, or reports of visits to area hospitals to help those in need of support. Or the bear cub's progress. Or the weather reports from PA...

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Not sure how many posts I had on the old board--or the old, OLD board before that.

One thing is for sure. I had at least one too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom