Underappreciated and overlooked Alex Karaban won’t be outworked and outsmarted | The Boneyard

Underappreciated and overlooked Alex Karaban won’t be outworked and outsmarted

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Jason Tatum Elite Camp mentioned. Anyone on BY have some info on these camps? How long are they? How many "elite" players are going to them each year?

Reaction Score
He should come into year with 3 with National Player of the Year goals.

Reaction Score
Graduate early? After 3 years or 2? Selfishly I want him for another year but it doesn’t seem in the cards. 4 year Computer science degree in 2 years? That’s sick.
That’s sick if u are a regular student. Add in being a scholarship athlete on a national championship team and it’s borderline impossible imo.

Reaction Score
I definitely like what I've seen this year thus far. he's definitely trying to make the jump to a lead guy. Not a supporting cast member. I can't say he's done it yet But the intent is clearly there. At this point intent is all we can ask for.

Reaction Score
Alex might be in the NBA next year. But if he returns he is a def an all American candidate. Every elite team this year. He easily starts on, and would make them almost unbeatable (Purdue , Kansas , Marquette,). The fan in me wants him to be a 4 year legend. But but his sharpshooting and all around game could easily get him in the league. Duncan Robinson has a 100 mil contract, alex belongs in the league.

Reaction Score
Alex might be in the NBA next year. But if he returns he is a def an all American candidate. Every elite team this year. He easily starts on, and would make them almost unbeatable (Purdue , Kansas , Marquette,). The fan in me wants him to be a 4 year legend. But but his sharpshooting and all around game could easily get him in the league. Duncan Robinson has a 100 mil contract, alex belongs in the league.
Watching Knicks Miami and these guys shoot bad from 3. Alex could definitely do better than many out there.

Reaction Score
Any team you are on, at any level in this world, and Alex Karaban makes it better. He will absolutely carve out a niche in the nba. Ultimate Glue guy with elite iq. He is a coaches dream.

Reaction Score
That’s sick if u are a regular student. Add in being a scholarship athlete on a national championship team and it’s borderline impossible imo.
Yea amazing. That’s what always impressed me about Emeka during his title season- finance degree. Announcers deservedly brought that up frequently. Should be doing same now for Alex.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Graduate early? After 3 years or 2? Selfishly I want him for another year but it doesn’t seem in the cards. 4 year Computer science degree in 2 years? That’s sick.
While playing bball at the highest level. That's Okafor-ish.
Fore the youngsters who don't remember, majored in finance and graduated with honors after three years with a 3.8 GPA and was named the Academic All-American of the Year in 2004.

Reaction Score
Yea amazing. That’s what always impressed me about Emeka during his title season- finance degree. Announcers deservedly brought that up frequently. Should be doing same now for Alex.
Agree but Emeka did it in 3 years…2 is insane. And my guess is a CS degree is a lot harder.

Reaction Score
Agree but Emeka did it in 3 years…2 is insane. And my guess is a CS degree is a lot harder.
There are high school kids doing post-grad level CS work. Depends on the person.

Reaction Score
everyone should remember that he came here a semester early, and takes extra classes in the summer and winter sessions.

still incredibly impressive though. he is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorites.

Reaction Score
He should come into year with 3 with National Player of the Year goals.
He will be in nba next year based on draft boards. Is anyone else looking at next year’s roster. Assume all 5 starters gone, yikes. 2 freshman class, will need 2 big guns. From portal.

Reaction Score
An awesome video about AK.
This kid will carve out a place of his own in UConn program history. His impact will be here when all is said and done. He is just different.

I think ricker likes him

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
He will be in nba next year based on draft boards. Is anyone else looking at next year’s roster. Assume all 5 starters gone, yikes. 2 freshman class, will need 2 big guns. From portal.

I think Alex returns. He’s not a lock to go round 1 + he might graduate after next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom